Isaac Mizrahi for Target: Bridal Collection

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
image and story from ajc.com

Target unveils designers gowns for brides on a budget

Forget running with the brides at Filene's.
Blushing brides-to-be may now be able to avoid physical exertion in pursuit of an affordable wedding gown.
On May 1, Isaac Mizrahi introduces his first bridal collection for Target. Prices will range from $9.99 for accessories to $159.99 for gowns. The full collection will be available only at Target.com.
Mizrahi, a celebrated American designer whose sportswear is a favorite with Target shoppers, created eight gowns in colors including ivory, black and white. The styles range from a more traditional princess gown in taffeta to a glamorous silk charmeuse cowl neck sheath. All are available for under $160.
Accessories include satin peep-toe pumps, as well as lace high-heel slingbacks.
A sateen suit in the collection is appropriate for the mother of the bride, while colorful bridesmaid dresses come in styles including belted stretch lace ($39) and strapless sateen ($49).
For groomsmen, there are satin cummerbunds and ties in coordinating colors.
Mizrahi said he drew inspiration for the collection from his very first foray into fashion, designing a gown for a high-profile wedding.
That one, no doubt, cost a whole lot more.

you can see most of the collection here

http://lpe.ajc.com/gallery/view/living/0407/0412target/

some of these are quite pretty.

this is my favourite dress. it is also available in black. its 129$.

Attachments

• isaac.jpg
    isaac.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 5
In the current issue of Lucky, there's a woman wearing one his dresses. It actually looked really cute on her.

ETROsexualJ said:
So wow...even cheaper than David's Bridal.
How much do they run? Ive never been...

Anyway, did Isaac give up his mainline? I hope so, that was a tragic affair.

Wedding is getting cheap and so does Mizrahi the man... it's much better to put cheap price tags than an expensive one... I :heart: that!

the gowns were on oprah's show today.
pics from oprah.com
the one with the sash is only 90$. as far as cheap wedding dresses go - i like it!

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
In the professionally photographed shots they look great, but in reality (or on Oprah =) they look like cheap smocks.

I think it's just because on Oprah they aren't fitted. I think it's a great option. Buy a $90 dress, pay whatever it costs to take it in, add a pretty sash or a ribbon and a decorative flower and voila. Sorry but not everyone in the world has 5k+ for an amazing dress

If you like simple dresses, then this is a good thing. I'm glad though. Not every woman can afford an expensive dress. It's good when you see designers catering to women who still want to look good but just can't afford designer.

I can't really say anything about them since I haven't seen them in person (we don't have a target in hawaii). But, the dresses looked cute on Oprah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->