Jil Sander for Uniqlo

In response to "overwhelming customer demand" per a release, the brand has put together a "Greatest Hits" of the +J line, heavy on that perfect outerwear, just in time for fall. Pieces will cost between $39.90 - $229.90, and launch exclusively at Uniqlo's new Philadelphia outpost on October 3. It will then become available on Uniqlo's website and at select stores on October 10.

- FASHIONISTA.COM

I've a bad feeling that this won't come to the Paris stores :(

Uniqlo has announced the temporary return of Jil Sander's +J line, with a special 'greatest hits' collection of the most popular styles the German designer created for the Japanese high street label.

Set to arrive on September 23, the 'Best of Collection' will see the brand reissue some of the best-loved pieces from its multi-season capsule collaboration with minimalist design legend Jil Sander.

Uniqlo announced the news Wednesday, putting the move down to "overwhelming customer demand." The collection, which became a fave with fashionistas, first appeared for Fall/Winter 2009 and lasted over five seasons, serving up clothes that captured Sander's minimalist, functional philosophy at high street prices.

Pieces being revisited for the greatest hits collection include the men's cotton button-down shirts, sweaters and coats in wool, down jackets and technical fabric parkas.

Available in all of Uniqlo's markets apart from Russia, the UK launch will take place in London in sync with the Vogue magazine-organized Fashion's Night Out, with clothes appearing online from 9am and launching in the flagship Oxford Street store at 6pm.
Yahoo News

wonderful idea but i'm afraid it will all sell out before i even have the chance.

wonderful idea but i'm afraid it will all sell out before i even have the chance.

the new sander collection will be available in my state at a mall about 30 miles outside of the city, so i will have to trek out there if i want to see it in person.

annoyingly, prices on a wide variety of garments at uniqlo in general are lower online than instore and uniqlo will not match the price, fyi.

so it may be best for everyone to buy this collection online.

We have that problem in the UK with Gap too. You can buy their cashmere jumpers in the winter always about £20 cheaper online than in the stores. I've never hugely noticed it with Uniqlo here but then I've already only minimally online from them.

I've to admit that I'm a bit disappointed as I expected the peacoat to come back. I guess I'll stick to a shirt then.

I'm a little disappointed with the menswear. I'll revisit the tailoring, but as for the shirts and knitwear, I'm uninspired by them for the most part.

I went to Uniqlo in Oxford Street and I got a really nice mud-coloured poplin shirt. Love it and it will be a true favorite for years to come. <3

Something I noticed:

-The stuff wasn't displayed as nicely as when Jil was still there.
-They didn't have those special +J shopping bags as before
-They didn't dedicate a window for the collection, I wonder why?
-The women's selection had more "designer" pieces, such as the sculptural down jackets and khaki dress.
-Men's was extremely basic, and I was surprised that the beautiful ribbed sweaters and peacoat didn't make the cut into this collection (though I'm very happy to have those from three years ago)
-I was hoping for variety in the men's trousers. They only had two styles in wool, but I remember there were really nice and wearable cotton chinos in the original collections that I imagine would have been easy to sell

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Noting the poplin shirt B) I'm really excited for this comeback because the pieces will actually available in my nearest store! :clap:

The coats are absolutely drool-worthy. Sad that it's pretty much pointless to wear it in my area. Will gunning for the shirts in every colour and the men's pants. I reckon the cut will be impeccable, yes?

I bought the men's down parka as well as the water-repellent nylon taffeta trench mac today. I'm very pleased with the quality, as well as all the clever utilitarian details on the clothes. The trench mac is lined and comes with a detachable fleece liner, there are roomy interior pockets on both coats etc. Overall, everything made in down or in technical fabrics seemed very much up there in terms of the quality/price ratio.

On the other side, I thought the pieces made in wool coating and flannel (except for the men's suits in pinstriped flannel) felt cheap and flimsy compared to the down pieces - I guess it has to do with the fact that good quality wools are hard to find at this price point. I didn't check up on any of the knits but those were very 'basic' anyway. I have enough shirts in my wardrobe so I didn't need any further here, even though the quality seemed nice.

Overall a very good opportunity to stock up on some substantial wardrobe staples here, I'm pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->