Linda Evangelista Photographed by Steven Meisel

Wow, that book looks wonderful. So many excellent photographies! Definitely want to get my own copy!

phaidon.com

Phaidon is proud to present a new limited-edition photographic print by Steven Meisel to celebrate the release of the book Linda Evangelista Photographed by Steven Meisel.

This print is presented in a luxurious black cloth-wrapped clamshell box with a tipped-on image of the print on the front. Limited to 25, each edition comes with a numbered print, a certificate of authenticity (signed by Meisel), and a signed and numbered copy of Linda Evangelista Photographed by Steven Meisel (signed by Evangelista and Meisel).

Linda Evangelista, Paris, 1990 is a stunning archival pigment print by Steven Meisel of Linda Evangelista, originally shot for a Vogue Italia story on the Fall 1990 prêt-à-porter collections. Published in the magazine’s July/August 1990 issue, this image is evidence of Meisel’s everchanging vision of Evangelista, imagining her in a vast range of characters—in this case embodying Old Hollywood movie star glamour.

PRINT SPECIFICATIONS:

Archival pigment print with hardback book
Origin: Vogue Italia, July/August 1990
Image: 9.5 W x 13.4 H inches (240 W x 340 H mm)
Sheet: 10.8 W x 14.4 H inches (274 W x 366 H mm)
Edition of 25 plus 10 artist’s proofs
This work comes with a Certificate of Authenticity

My copy finally arrived today and just as expected, it's absolutely incredible! I could look at it for hours. The selection of photographs is beautiful, I truly enjoyed every page turn and all the beautifully large prints which allow you to appreciate every detail of the images. Several behind the scenes shots and polaroids were a nice touch, I also particularly enjoyed the very little amount of previously unseen photographs (which I only wish there were more of). It's a fantastic book and I'm really happy that I bought it. Another thing that I really appreciated was the credits pages, which list the entire team behind every photograph - including the stylist! Very useful information, especially with ad campaigns. Ha, it's such little things that bring me so much joy lmao

Anyway, I snapped quick pictures of those credit pages for reference.

Seeing all these images in one book... it's also like a compilation of memories of your own life, when you can recall seeing that image in a certain issue of Allure or Vogue or W, and what you felt at the time. And the idea there's more imagery that we didn't get to see at the time, it's all too glorious.

Can I still buy the signed version? Or I have to buy from reseller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->