L'Uomo Vogue September 2010 : Quentin Tarantino & Sofia Coppola by F. Carrozzini

Reaction score
coveruvsettembre784x0.jpg

From a festival whose jury is presided over by Quentin Tarantino, one should be ready for anything. A nighttime presentation of Machete, for example, the most recent film of Robert Rodriguez. It's a turbo-paced action movie with a cast that includes Danny Trejo - who goes from his standard "cameo" appearances to a leading role, dusting off the art of knife-fighting perfected in prison cells - to Robert De Niro, Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan.

The festival's director Marco Müller writes in L'Uomo Vogue that this year's Film Festival expresses an increased need to experiment, to mix genres and push the art form towards new territories, recording moving images by taking advantage of all the means available today, with the aim of telling stories and evoking strong feelings.

Among the contestants in Venice this year, Sofia Coppola brings Somewhere, starring actor Stephen Dorff and receives the most prestigious honor from in Italian television, the Telegatto award.

On the cover Quentin Tarantino. Jacket Giorgio Armani. Photos by Francesco Carrozzini. Fashion editor Rushka Bergman.
On the cover Sofia Coppola. Suit and shirt, Dior homme. Inside pages. Shirt Prada, tie Dior homme. Photos by Peter Lindbergh. Fashion editor Stacey Battat.

*vogue.it

i like the Sofia cover

Quentin looks as always... but like Sofia´s cover... maybe could be there less fonts on her legs...

They look very cheap and fan-made. Don't like.

^I actually think a bit like you however Quentin's picture is way better than Sophia's but yeah in the end the layout (which is the same) on both covers looks cheap and fan-made yeahh but I guess this is how L'Uomo Vogue covers are going to look like in the future since they already used that style for the previous Daniel Ratcliffe's cover.

They aren't awful but not great either, a bit blah. I prefer Sophia's.

Quentin's expression is perfect. It's so Quentin. Sofia's cover is great too.

It's funny that they chose these two people for the cover considering they used to go out.

Why does L'Uomo Vogue who is Vogue Italia's brother have bad covers?! L'Uomo Vogue should be as fashion-forward as Vogue Italia but with male models on its cover.

^
I really took it on and revamped it, coming out with a specific concept. I wanted to reach a broader audience than the fashion community. Because men don’t function in the same way women do. Women look at an image and dream. Men want to read, understand, they want a new style. So, I eliminated the models. I didn’t use models anymore. I didn’t want people that weren’t real, that didn’t do something. Then it becomes transversal. I go from the new New York band to the 70 year olds...
-part from an interview of Franca Sozzani, editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, to iqons.com about L’Uomo Vogue.

she said it better than I ever could.

Nothing special about these covers, but Sofia does look beautiful.

Somehow Quentin's cover is rather scary... but I don't know... I think he looks like that most of the time. Sofia looks beautiful as always but its a rather bland photograph. I wish instead L'Uomo had done a close up of Sofia and a further away shot of Quentin. They should have just reversed the two. Also thats pretty funny they chose to put two people who dated before, oh irony! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->