Magazines repeating themselves (or trends)

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
(Inspired by the "Which magazines do you collect?" thread)

The great thing about collecting magazines is that you can see how they repeat themselves or certain trends come back over the years.

I spotted this in my collection of german Vogue

vogue.jpg

Left: September 2001, right: September 2006

Couldn`t be any more obvious, huh? :huh:

Does anyone have simular matches/repetitions in their collections?

I have TONS!!! I saw that once AGAIN going through my magazines - while making the "end-of-summer-cleaning" - this afternoon!!

But I don't see that much ressemblance here. except the "black" trend (which comes every 2yrs!)

I think there are more ressemblance into the "themes" of edit

Oh, come on, it's not the same, on one cover they printed black glamour and 130 best autumn looks and on the other black magic and 151 best autumn looks!:evil:

There is some difference.:P

lol could magazines repeatedly stealing eds from other mags be considered a trend? :innocent:

Toulouse Monroe said:
Oh, come on, it's not the same, on one cover they printed black glamour and 130 best autumn looks and on the other black magic and 151 best autumn looks!:evil:

There is some difference.:P

Why don`t you delight us with something better then? :wink:

^i dont think you really understood toulouse's point. what he tried to say is that there are two completely different trends in both issues. the fact that they have one color in common and certainly one color as a reference in the trend, it does not make them quite as similar.. it's a timeless trend.. and it's one color!. if we are supposed to post magazines similarities while gathering color palettes, we'd be the ones lacking in creativity. and with that, i give you credits on the fact that most Vogue publications keep releasing the same old and bland issues every month. but i thought that's something we had established a long time ago. :P

..it's a nice combination, though. now something i'd love to see is the number of magazines with a balenciaga hat on the cover. :argg:

Last edited by a moderator:
MulletProof said:
..it's a nice combination, though. now something i'd love to see is the number of magazines with a balenciaga hat on the cover. :argg:

I`d like to see that too since this is something german Vogue didn`t do...^_^

MulletProof said:
^i dont think you really understood toulouse's point. what he tried to say is that there are two completely different trends in both issues. the fact that they have one color in common and certainly one color as a reference in the trend, it does not make them quite as similar.. it's a timeless trend.. and it's one color!. if we are supposed to post magazines similarities while gathering color palettes, we'd be the ones lacking in creativity. and with that, i give you credits on the fact that most Vogue publications keep releasing the same old and bland issues every month. but i thought that's something we had established a long time ago. :P

She:P was trying to say that although the covers look different, the text is almost completely alike!
I was being sarcastic.
By the way MulletProof, I love your avatar, Vincent is soooo hot!:wub:

I think the fact that both covers look gorgeous makes up for any misgivings (whether or not there are any). :heart:

and between these :
by Demarchelier in 2004 with Diana

and Missoni Campain with Kate by M&M (s/s 04??)

sorry the sources :
#11 : tfs (mikael jansson thread)
#12 : for Diana (herfamedgoodlook), for Kate (katefan.net)

while going through my +1000 suscribed thread.... i've discovered this thread....
similar to something somebody opened this year, non?
merged?

yes exactly....
maybe some mods could merge, non?

i mean like this, tfs will be lighter.... :wink:
(i just don't know how i could visit more than 1000threads onto TFS.... really spending too much time on the internet....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->