• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Maison Margiela Artisanal Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

Some Twitter users must think that life is freak show to expect a director to go to a film festival dressed « like the runway show »…Even more at a daytime photo call.

What she should have done IMO, is wear a white round neck tshirt underneath (to create some kind of styling tension) and wear simple silver sandals with no platforms.

i actually think the shoes give it the drama that those morons on twitter are asking for. it's surprisingly quite a gorgeous dress for the summer. but she really needed a good amount of jewellery to complete the look.

The bust area of the dress is certainly more flattering on Greta than on Julia. It's a shame the centre-front panel is so blocky though. It does follow the lines of the stripes but it widens her torso a bit visually despite the nipping.

Personally, I do think a great sandal or sling back heel would look better with this. Or even a bolder colour shoe. Part of me wants them to be completely in the Louboutin red but that may give a little too "Dorothy wandering about in Oz". The only thing I'd really lose from the look are the shoulder tabs. They're a bit meek (felt the same when I saw them in the show too).

This is look/discourse was the reason I was having a psychotic break last night about people having opinions based on the reality they live in lol. Like there were many mixed reactions saying oh that’s interesting or oh that’s unflattering, and then you’d get the chronically online “obviously you don’t get it and didn’t listen to John Galliano’s point and what the theme of the show was” ? The whole point of anything, dress, art, music, is its subject matter. If you see this dress on her and you are digging it, great! If you don’t particularly like it, but then have to do mental gymnastics to figure out if this daytime photocall is “good” or not by researching John Galliano’s whole intention behind his whole entire life, then maybe it’s not that great and that is okay… For the majority, the face value of this look in its context is going to be the subject matter, and it doesn’t matter that John Galliano was thinking and doing crazy xyz to create this theatrical runway show. People are gonna see what they see.

I mean i support anyone reading about JG.

it's so sad that THIS is going to be the defining fashion moment for a whole generation, and their first real introduction to john's work. ugh i hate it here. just release the hd cuts of his old shows and stream them on youtube because this ain't it i'm afraid

Yea but this is Fashion. So we need everyone on the Galliano team. It doesn’t matter if they are unworthy. Like French Revolution and whatnot.

John is no longer the old one. This is Fashion. John evolved and moved with the times. this collection is probably one of his top 10. It is ultra concise for Galliano. A clear direct vision with no compromise. Nothing but gorgeous shapes executed masterfully in new ways. John has no competition working today. JPG is retired.

i think he is just feeling good emotionally again and he can fully translate his ideas. So we can fully witness the greatness of fashions Picasso.

this collection is probably one of his top 10.
WHAT????????

dead-skeleton.gif

WHAT????????

dead-skeleton.gif
I think a lot of johns collections have too much happening. Ok we can do top 25. This collection is like John extrait. Represents someone who has been forced to self edit and self assess. It seems like he has gotten comfortable in that. Remember i center wearability.

I think a lot of johns collections have too much happening.
there are at least forty - and maybe even more - collections that i would place above this one lol. it's not even in his top ten for just margiela imo

there are at least forty - and maybe even more - collections that i would place above this one lol. it's not even in his top ten for just margiela imo
im gonna write a list. I said top 25…

Like that blue dress on that lady is a freaking high fashion vision. John is back in his dior addict era. Its just updated bc Fashion.

Such classic timeless cotton stripe dress. Such a simple simple idea. Turned into credible high fashion through Gallianos mastery. This is the highest fashion gets.

Im sick of tabi though so i want him to leave MM.

Seeing Greta's look comforts my opinion that this collection is dated, ill-fitting and just ugly.
Without TikTok's hunger for any "drama walk" hype and Pat Mc Grath's make-up nobody would have cared. Except the John Galliano die-hard fans who scream "genius" for anything the man does.

Any celebrity that wears that collection ouf of this runway looks just ridiculous. Because this collection was just a theatre play. You remove the location, the models, the music, the make-up, the walk, the hair and you get just ill-fitting dated garments.

At least one couture client already bought a dress from this collection, I wonder if more clients will do the same.

Nothing about that garment is ill fitting. John Galliano has the license to tell you how things are supposed to fit.

frankly i dont even know if people even like JG. Im not even a super fan. I just know his immense influence on fashion so I have to support john.

I think in a few years you all will agree this collection is like JG Extrait.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicochanvinlabeill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->