Maison Margiela Haute Couture F/W 2015.16 Paris

In LOVE! This is the best couture collection I've seen this week. Galliano is a genius.

Easily my favorite of the week. I feel like this is the first collection he's done for Margiela that finally has some of his old spirit in it.

This is awesome. His last few years at Dior were a snoozefest but this is quite exciting. That wedding gown is amazing.

The only thing... that look with a bright blue top/bra over a coat... it really reminds me of something. Prada maybe?

And Galliano saves Couture. This is just so beautiful! I see Galliano, but definitely in a new light as what was mentioned by mistress_f. You can see that he's executing and is staying true to his vision while adapting to the Margiela identity and aesthetic. Fantastic. It's messy, yet it looks so good. The clothes look good, the shoes look good. Ugh. And that last look is amazing and is so nostalgic (back to the good old days when I was a kid and always turned the comforter/duvet of the hotel into a dress)

One thing though, the house needs to put in more budget with the runway. This would've been more perfect on a runway that reflected the theme of the collection (like what he does with his Dior collections). But, that's not much of a big deal imo. Some designers have beautiful runways but are in the polar opposite in terms of the collection. All t no shade.

YAAASSSSS. Love that final duvet coat. The JG aesthetic is starting to creep back into the world, and I am here for it.

Just incredible. Haute couture has been missing this type of energy. Everything has become static and normal and there is this need for a bit of insanity. This collection is chaotic and crazy, yet controlled. I love that camel / mocha colour dress with the chartreuse strap and the blue dress with the ropes ... too many things I love. Also, I think a lot of it is wearable as is and you can make a huge statement wearing it. So excited !

What a magnificent collection!! Best couture show this week BY FAR!

It's inspiring how many ideas and experimentations there are here! I love that it looks like a result of a willingness to try anything and see where it goes! That is so rare today with designers who all must be feeling the pressure of merchandisers and sales teams and CEO's breathing down their necks to repeat successes season after season. But that leaves very little to be inspired by as a consumer - visually and monetarily.

It's also so awesome to see Galliano be so in touch again with his more experimental, bric-a-brac side. It's exactly what he needed and it's exactly what Margiela needed and it's exactly what the industry needed. While every other designer (Couture and RTW, save for Phoebe Philo) is giving us exactly what we expect from them, it is so important to see these rare designers have the freedom to create and search for something unexpected. It's such a pleasure to watch!

Congrats Galliano!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->