• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Making The Cut (Amazon Series)

^^Besides “Buffalo Stance” and a few songs here & there, I can’t say her visual style registers in my memory-bank, although I trust it was all sorts of :cool:.

And I think about it, there is this look, too:

upload_2020-4-26_15-45-47.jpeg

^^^ And Neneh wore it already a few years before...

Note to self: brush up on my Neneh Cherry references. She was affiliated with Massive Attack back in the day, and did a track with Biggie, so those are both pluses (plusii?) for me.

Esther was most definitely the more talented, loved her pop up more too. Jonny's pop up with the Voguers was as generic as generic can be. Have to give it up to Jonny though for being what the show was looking for, already has some knowledge of globalized production, his esthetic isnt that strong and can be bent by Amazon according to what they believe to be sale able plus he stands for that So-cal vibe that insta girls and guys and their followers are all about right now. They dont really care if the designs are unique or original they are all about whats trending. He will sell in his first outing but I highly doubt that his brand will make an impact as big as Christiano Siriano. The young guy that came in third has a bright future in high fashion hopefully he can get a starter job with a major atelier and hone his skills from there before setting out on starting a brand immediately. At the moment he doesnt seem as ready as evidenced by his pop up content which seemed cheap and misdirected. Esther should focus on growing her brand and developing her esthetic I think its strong enough to stand on its own, the exposure from the show should make her brand even bigger and maybe attract some important people that may change her life and career. On the show whenever she tried to step away from her esthetic she stumbled like in Tokyo with the ridiculous golden dress.

Some of Esther's items are available on Shopbop:
Esther Perbandt | SHOPBOP
the pieces look amazing not sure what the judges meant by Black not being visible online.

One strange thing was many of the reviews of the winning looks on Amazon about the poor quality of the fabric and limited sizing which is odd considering the whole mass marketing theme of the show.

i enjoyed the show, but didn't agree with the winner.
Jonny was the easiest to sell on instagram though.
As far as formula, i think its a great idea.
If there is a 2nd season, I hope they find even better talent.
Chiara was a waste of a judge

^ I'm watching season 2 but it's nowhere near the level of season 1. The permanent judges are a joke lol Jeremy Scott is soooooo unlikeable and Winnie lol where do I start ahahah and Tim Gunn had the nerve to call her a ''SUPERMODEL'' OMG ahahahaha right... No Carine, No Naomi, it's a sad way to start a second season. Plus I don't see as much talent this season.

^^^ Not a single worthy talent amongst this boring bunch. But absolutely worth it just to hear Tim introduce Winnie as a "Supermodel" every single time LOOOL

Last season was corny...but DECENT for a fashion design reality TV show. Naomi was surprisingly a very good and engaging judge who seemed to genuinely care.

This season is seriously pitiful. Tragic, even. And Winnie is insufferable with not a single insightful or even intelligent comment or criticism to offer. She just talks and behaves like a drag queen and I'm supposed to just "YAAAAAS QWEEN" her? She LOVES a snatched waist! YAAAAAS!

I'll never understand why these stupid shows can't give these designers like...a single extra day on any of these challenges? Would it kill them to cut the set design budget by half and instead give these poor designers a few extra days to make their clothes? I don't mind a challenge in the season being a time crunch, under-pressure challenge where you're short on time...but patterning, cutting and sewing ANY garment in a single day is almost impossible.

Not that I think any of this bunch (maaaaaybe Gary, though) could come up with anything really worthwhile, but at least they could present something that seems finished looking for once.

Can't stand these one-day time restrictions. What is the point?

Lucie is truly iconic. Already has a store in Paris, takes a smoke break every 15 minutes, never finishes on time, just totally unbothered. She was unintentionally the most entertaining part of watching this train wreck of a season.

Gary should win, but gut says Andrea will win with some last-minute executive meddling.

The finale was so embarrassing.

Andrea’s Seta collection looks like an H&M collaboration with The Kooples.

Andrea’s Pantora (I HATE that name) collection was straight up JC Penny private label.

Gary shoulda won.

watching “Jay McCarroll final collection from Project Runway season 1” to refresh my eyes after that embarrassing finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->