Marc Jacobs signs up for 10 years at LVMH

Although I absolutely hate LV, he does a very marketable tacky collection each season, so yay for him if that makes his tacky followers happy.

I find it odd.. Im not familiar with Marc's work but I don't see him in LV.

Fashion Puss said:
TOM FORD's departure from the Gucci Group last April wasn't bad news for everybody. In fact, it was pretty profitable for Marc Jacobs. "Marc is so shrewd," a source told PAGESIX.COM. "He was approached to take over Gucci when Ford left. He used the offer to improve his deal with LVMH and renegotiated for more money and stock options." LVMH boss Bernard Arnault was prompted by news of Ford's departure to lock Jacobs into a long-term contract which was eventually signed last year after months of negotiations. It will apparently see Jacobs designing the collections for Louis Vuitton for at least the next 10 years.

:wink:
Marc Jacobs at Gucci Group! That's sacrelige, imagine what would happen YSL monogram bags, Gucci monogram bags, McQueen monogram bags, McCartney monogram bags and worst of all vintage/retro Balenciaga...:yuk::o

Thank God Marc Jacobs didnt end up at Gucci

As someone posted in another thread, Marc's designs are similar to those at the Gap, but about 3x the cost.

Tom Ford is far more talented IMO, and I am really looking forward to seeing what he is going to do with Estee Lauder as well as his other upcoming projects.

-- J

Agree completely with you on that. Though I'm definitely not an MJ fan... I'd much rather have him at LV than at Gucci. LV menswear doesn't have a particular heritage and, as such, MJ (or should I say his assistants) can sort of create it as he goes. But, with Gucci and YSL, there is such a history there that DOESN'T go with MJ. I honestly can't believe that the Gucci group approached him. It just shows that the owners who got rid of Tom Ford have no clue about fashion. That would be like putting the Caten boys at the head of Jil Sander.

John

rach2jlc said:
Agree completely with you on that. Though I'm definitely not an MJ fan... I'd much rather have him at LV than at Gucci. LV menswear doesn't have a particular heritage and, as such, MJ (or should I say his assistants) can sort of create it as he goes. But, with Gucci and YSL, there is such a history there that DOESN'T go with MJ. I honestly can't believe that the Gucci group approached him. It just shows that the owners who got rid of Tom Ford have no clue about fashion. That would be like putting the Caten boys at the head of Jil Sander.

John

They were once in the running for CELINE . :o :blink: :shock:

brian said:
:shock: you're kidding, right?

Nope , they were very much in line for the job after Michael Kors left LVMH to concentrate on his own label , sold by Arnault to Chiu and Stroll owners of the Tommy Hilfiger corporation .

Lena and I were waiting with bated breath...........:lol:

Someone answer please!

Why does everyone like Marc Jacobs?? His clothing looks very plain to me? Is it because of his job at LV? Oh come on I will be a better designer and take his job hahaha! :lol:

Foxie-Pooh said:
I think it's always interesting to see fashion designers who manage to make themsleves look sloppy, dirty, and ugly, and MJ is certainly good at that.

His best skill by far...

I wonder what innovative creations he will introduce within the next 10 years... :yuk:

I've always known, that Marc was materialist,lol. All labels Mj, M by MJ, Vuitton and now wants to Gucci .... he wants to be somekind like designing-icons like Miuccia with fashion Empire with almost 3 billions$ But he actually CAN'T. Good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like marc jacobs at louis vuitton. I like his own label too. Yay.

I'm back a year later and I LOVE MARC JACOBS! OMG :D OMG i never thought that i would say that..i even wear his clothes too :lol:

LVMH in Japan

Does anyone know how much PROFIT LVMH makes in Japan. I have looked almost everywhere and can only find sales numbers.

If anyone does know the answer it would be helpful if they provided a source.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

good for him, he changed LV, he's done wonders for it...

i think actually that the largest profit sector of lvmh comes from dior.
i read that in wwd a while back.

cutsilver said:
Does anyone know how much PROFIT LVMH makes in Japan. I have looked almost everywhere and can only find sales numbers.

If anyone does know the answer it would be helpful if they provided a source.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Its over A Billion I think i read a story in Time Magazine about it. They opened one LV store an it had ppl camping out before it actually opened!! Then one the first day that boutiques sale was 1.3Million for the opening day. Japan Has the most LV stores in the World. Also LV makes 80% of its Business I Japan they dont play over there with designers lol.

cosmocat said:
Sums it all up, but I hate his signature line even more. And the prices!

Oh his line is straight garbage. If he acts like b*tch in public I would seriously punch him in the face if he was that cocky. I think he does good work for LV but his line is horrible drab an unflattering. Who ever said his designs are the gap just 3x the price was dead on. I know some think its tacky but I really really want that gold logo lv sweater from Fall/Winter 05/06

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->