Martina Hoogland Ivanow - Photographer

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
from nmpft.org.uk

Martina Hoogland Ivanow

b.1973, Stockholm, Sweden

Martina Hoogland Ivanow returned to Stockholm, after living and working first in New York, and then in London. As a photographer, she has made several fashion features for magazines such as Dazed and The Face. Her work also includes campaigns for Prada and Miu Miu, but she has also published photographic essays unrelated to fashion in numerous newspapers and magazines.

Her work is characterised by skilful design which occasionally moves towards abstraction, and warm, saturated colours, often with dim lighting. Her images steer clear of many of the objectifying, sexual stereotypes, but are often sensual.

Over the past couple of years, Martina Hoogland Ivanow has also participated in photo exhibitions. At Xposeptember - the Stockholm photo festival in 2002, she showed a series of photographs titled Four Corners of the World, pictures from Sakhalin Island, the Kola Peninsula, Tierra del Fuego and the Antarctic - all geographically isolated places that share certain traits. Her interest in what is often described as peripheral, also in a human and metaphorical sense, permeates large parts of her oeuvre.

ivanow1.jpg

Colette was just perfect for those Ghost ads. I've always loved them :heart: Thanks for the thread.

colettepechekhonovaghostbazaar.jpg

colettepechekhonovaghostbazaar1.jpg

[zobworld.com]

yay, thanks for posting these:heart:, i always loved them, too but i just now came across her name when actually doing a search for blaise reuterswärd who isn't with his agency anymore:ninja:

What she does is lovely: if antique black-and-whites were restored with color, I imagine they'd come out looking something like this...:wub: :P Thanks for the sharing...

^you're most welcome,

from jedroot (make up by inge grognard)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice posts

Martina Hoogland Ivanow's work is quite beautiful, sensual as well as sensorial, which i think is key to great fashion photography. There is something in the mood of the photographs which suggests something more than just whats seen. . if that makes any sense :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting!

Cheers

C+

^it does make sense, absolutely!

and here's more proof of what you said...
a dreamy editorial directed by alexander mcqueen for 'another magazine' (s/s 06 issue), styling by katie england...

Another Magazine said:
martina hoogland ivanow was drawn to photography by its ability to create an altered reality, so her shoot with a. mcqueen featuring child models in miniature versions of whistful, fairy-tale inspired couture was a treat.

:heart:

(scanned by me)

wow! the children! thats something i've really never seen before:woot:

this is amazing work :heart: i adore the last set! thank you estella :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Estella. :wub:

Does anyone know what year these ads are? I'm a bit at a loss for words, truly breathtaking. Esp the AVH ones. Why haven't I ever seen these before? The last one reminds me of Paul Delaroche's La Jeune Martyre. So peaceful and flowy.

Prada
sbr6ma.jpg

Anne Valerie Hash
sbr6sx.jpg

sbr6zd.jpg

[Adamsky]

"Best of the season"

Another magazine s/s 2009
Kasia Struss by Martina Hoogland- Ivanow
styled by Cathy Edwards

exacteditions.com

seems like martina is back too- i hadnt seen anything from her since longtime already...

Shot Lily Cole for her new Dazed cover, I'm hoping that there is a nice long editorial that goes with this.

10gxjz8.jpg

Image Credit | Dazed Digital

GOTHIC, SHADOWY
GOTHIC, SHADOWY
10 Magazine F/W 09.10
Fashion editor: Hector Castro
Hair: Tomohiro Ohashi
Make-Up: Alice Ghendrih
Models: Vincent Walter, Konrad Meyer, Tommy Cox, Carsten Hesse
scanned by 很大很大

10hm5wj.jpg

i like that cover shot luxx ^_^

thanks for sharing :flower:

i like the peacock feather look/effect in her hair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores del Rio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->