Maximilian Davis - Designer, Creative Director of Ferragamo

^ Well I don't think anyone cares there. Gobetti secured hefty few million euros so he will repeat what he did at Burberry - leave before the end of his tenure and Davis will be dismissed in predictable future.

In Maximillian's defence it was the pricing strategy that was and will be the downfall of his Ferragamo. His things are priced at the level of Dior, Gucci, etc, whilst the brand image is at the level of Tods. Make it make sense!

Also the strategy to hire him and attempt to a Daniel-Lee-for-Bottega was so misguided. It's clear the family and the board have no idea what they are doing.

The pricing is absolutely insane for certain pieces. To be honest, even in the menswear I found a few pieces I actually like of his SS24 but either the pricing put me off entirely and/or the unnecessary embroidered huge F on shirts etcetera, completely ruining a piece.
I don't really doubt Maximilians talents but this brand is completely off the rails when it comes to pricing and merchandising.

I did notice they start to push some entry-level prices items more such as sunglasses (really ugly ones) and small leather goods. More accessibly priced, but also completely unremarkable in any way so good luck with that too.

What I’m happy about is that Gobbetti is taking his responsabilities. He is on the forefront and if Ferragamo continues to fail on the long run, he will take the blame.

I hope Maximilian is taking whatever he has to take there, whether is techniques and money!

But yes, Ferragamo can’t even compete against Gucci. Their price point should be aspirational.

I think what Maximillian is doing is solid but it’s insane to think that 1 year after his first collection, his offering is not fully represented in stores. Competitive pricing will drawn the people to the stores. Simple as that.

how is the distribution of ferragamo rtw? seems not that accessible. im sure if he doesnt find success in ferragamo, he will be taken by another house unless all this changes in branding was his idea from green to red to whatever next color they choose.

Ferragamo’s shop in London (Bond Street) is a joke: they haven’t changed interior since way before Davis, their window dressing is basically replacing one bag for a pair of shoes every month or so, no actual MD collections but rather watered down merch and people inside are so f*cking rude and unwelcoming. Retail and merch department is actively sabotaging the artistic vision and heads should roll.

Ferragamo’s shop in London (Bond Street) is a joke: they haven’t changed interior since way before Davis, their window dressing is basically replacing one bag for a pair of shoes every month or so, no actual MD collections but rather watered down merch and people inside are so f*cking rude and unwelcoming. Retail and merch department is actively sabotaging the artistic vision and heads should roll.
It's the very same in all the Ferragamo shops, absolutely no efforts whatsoever to promote MD creations, and when there are, there are way overpriced anyway...

It's the very same in all the Ferragamo shops, absolutely no efforts whatsoever to promote MD creations, and when there are, there are way overpriced anyway...

In London it’s suicidal strategy bc literally next door you’ve got MaxMara which is so neat, clean and pleasant as experience. I feel like Davis doesn’t have a room to actually do a job bc if I were him and saw that mess in one of the most important (and profitable) streets on Earth, I’d be pissed.

In London it’s suicidal strategy bc literally next door you’ve got MaxMara which is so neat, clean and pleasant as experience. I feel like Davis doesn’t have a room to actually do a job bc if I were him and saw that mess in one of the most important (and profitable) streets on Earth, I’d be pissed.
And in Venice (Italy), they have imho the best location, the nicest building of the street and the largest windows ... Hermès's building looks miserable in comparison ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->