Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Gucci is a feeling...of never-ending embarrassment.

It feels Pinault punished his designers this year, with no Met Gala for them.

284b2b7e48788d20fb10d90ec8d762ee.jpg

pinimg.com

Ugh. He's so unimaginative. This inspiration could not be more average and predictable.

If his idea of Britishness with its remarkable diversity (especially London) can be encapsulated in a single worn off image of Diana's revenge dress then it means that he is simply stupid, as dull and narrow-minded.

My problem with him is his creative regress. What he did at LV versus at Dior versus at Fendi is an absolutely shocking to me. He is tired and he needs to really take a break.
Kim Jones understands Luxury but not fashion.
His Vuitton was indeed perfect and desirable. Vuitton was more exclusive, it was about an idea of a client that he evolved.

However, with Fendi and Dior, it has to be about a man, a woman and a vision for them. And in reality he doesn’t have a vision for men and women.
So the stuff he puts in the runway is never believable.
And I must say that this is the same problem Silvia has with Fendi menswear. Good pieces, well made, luxurious but who is her man? What is he about?

A preview of the Cruise 2025 collection with Kate Moss and Little Simz:

That look that Kate is wearing is from the Autumn Winter 2024 collection? I'm confused.

Also why are they trying to make Kate Moss happen at Gucci? She is a YSL Girlie through and through. Stop trying to force her into an aesthetic that feels inauthentic. They already tried to associate her with the Bottega aesthetic last year and it didn't really work. Sabato obviously hasn't taken notes...

He always poaches talents. We see with Daria and now Kate.
That bag Kate is carrying looks like an existing YSL bag called Kate too.
Gosh Sabato, you disappoint me everytime and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->