Mineral Makeup

^Thanks for the article, very interesting about the SPF. I guess it's obvious but I didn't really think about how much protection it gave, just that it gave some at all.

I bought some Bare Escentuals after trying it out in store one day. I did react to the bismuth...not a lot but enough to notice. I thought I'd continue because I did like the overall effect, but then I thought; why put something on my face which I know is irritating? I think also actually it broke me out a little bit, I will be going back to Armani.

Does anyone know if Lily Lolo makeup is any good? How well does it go on? I hear there's a lot of spillage etc?

I bought some samples of Lily Lolo. I got blondie foundation, a bronzer powder, one of the translucent powders and the blondie concealer. I wouldn't bother with the concealer, its nothing special. I liked everything else, and I always got compliments when I was wearing the make up, but I didn't buy anymore after my samples had run out because I found my skin feeling dry. But I would definatly reccomend trying some samples from them.

i use lily lolo, i use the foundation and used to use one of the translucent powers i didn't like it as much! i find it works well with my skin but i second Deborah its a good idea to try the samples first!

I bought some mineral foundation today from 17 (boots own make) it was only cheap and covers well as a facepowder .. i would defantly recomend it as its only £7 so dirt cheap .. quite good for own brand make up like

Does mineral makeup (foundation) come in liquid form? I am finding that my face is looking too powdery...

If your face is looking too powdery you may be applying too much or applying it to a "dry" face. Try adding lotion beforehand or exfoliating your face the day before.

But yes it does come in liquid form, although I do not know of any good brands that sell it.

Thanks sedirea- I do use moisturizer, so should I apply the foundation when my moisturizer is still moist or just right after it has dried?

i use lily lolo, i use the foundation and used to use one of the translucent powers i didn't like it as much! i find it works well with my skin but i second Deborah its a good idea to try the samples first!

I bought some samples of Lily Lolo. I got blondie foundation, a bronzer powder, one of the translucent powders and the blondie concealer. I wouldn't bother with the concealer, its nothing special. I liked everything else, and I always got compliments when I was wearing the make up, but I didn't buy anymore after my samples had run out because I found my skin feeling dry. But I would definatly reccomend trying some samples from them.

Thanks! I think I'll get some samples then :smile: I'm using Estee Lauder Double Wear at the moment and looking for something lighter and non-liquid! Double Wear is a bit heavy for everyday wear

pureluxe makes cream foundie. i havent tried it, but their color corrector what red and banan split are my HG.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like these mineral makeups are a booming business now. Everyone from the small artisinal makeup entrepreneurs to the established ones like Bare Minerals, drugstore brands to now the mainstream big time cosmetic companies have mineral makeup if they don't specialize in it.

I guess Bare Essentuals started it years ago but now it's everywhere. I decided not to use BE after using it for about a year because it had Mica in it. That gave me a weird greyish cast and showed up in pictures. I have found other companies who's powders I like.

What brand do you use? What were your experiences? Why did you end up switching to Mineral makeup and/or why did you stop if you did? Did you find it cost prohibitive over time or a bragain?

I have makeup from Maia's Minerals. I want to try Jane Iredale but I think her makeup has Mica in it too. :unsure:

I decided to try Lily Lolo mineral foundation. I'm MAC NC15, Bourjois 51, Revlon Color Stay Buff, and I was thinking China Doll or maybe Blondie. Any advice?

I was too impatient and I ordered China Doll right after my first post.:lol: I hope China Doll will be suitable. It's the shade between Blondie and Porcelain, rather new I think. At least here, where Lily Lolo is the newest hit.:D

I use mineral makeup and I LOVE it. I occasionally use liquid found. but it does not compare at all. Once you get the hang of mineral makeup you will never go back. Im on my 4th tub.

LL China Doll is perfect. ^_^ I'm thrilled about it, I absolutely LOVE IT. I had no idea mineral foundation could give such good coverage. I can build full coverage, but still look natural, how awesome it that.:woot:

I'm on my second pot of Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation, but this time I went for Blondie. This foundation is beyond amazing! I think it's high time I tried one of their blushes. Maybe Oh La La or Surfer Girl, I'd like something matte.
blushers.jpg

cutecosmetics.co.uk

Finishing powders are also very tempting. :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->