• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Model Casting F/W 2022.23

Paloma is the token plus sized model. She’s the most well known one. Brands think that having one plus size model makes them diverse. And of course they’re going to choose the one that most people know. In reality, they are not diverse and having one plus size model makes it feel forced.

Paloma is the token plus sized model. She’s the most well known one. Brands think that having one plus size model makes them diverse. And of course they’re going to choose the one that most people know. In reality, they are not diverse and having one plus size model makes it feel forced.

I´ve always thought about how very non organic it feels seeing her on the runway given that she´s usually the only plus size girl in the whole line up and most importantly the girl can´t barely walk properly in heels so it always ends up feeling cringy seeing her at all these shows without a ¨real¨ body ¨positive¨ image, but oh well, we now the perpetual hypocrisy of the fashion industry. I guess that´s why i still love Saint Laurent, they don´t jump on trends they know will look gimmicky, no bella, no gigi, no nonsense, and tons of racial diversity.

Anyhow, in terms of newfaces this season, only here for Avanti the Versace opener, Mary Ukech and Rosanna Ovalles who debuted today at Valentino and Givenchy looking drop dead stunning.

Paloma is a mystery to me. Awful proportions, weird facial expressions, just a total mess. :ninja: There are plus size models like Devyn Garcia who are very pretty and wear clothes a million times better, cast them! :judge:

Agreed about Avanti, she's gorgeous but she's also making me wonder where Cynthia Arrebola has been lately.

Good to see Hanne Gaby Odiele at Sacai! She should've been the opener. I feel like it's been a while since we've seen her on the runway.

Also, HoYeon Jung opened Louis Vuitton.

The cast at Stella McCartney was irrelevant.

Vuitton always a snooze fest, and so many girls not booking at all or booking weird like Fran Summers only having Sacai and Marant in Paris, and Rebbeca Leigh only having Michael Kors in the entire season, strange. And I guess Lexi skipped the season, good lol.

What happened to Maike Inga? She walked some top shows in NYC, only a few relevant ones in Milan, and she didn't appear in Paris at all even though she was there all the time according to her insta. I would have loved to see more of her.

Chanel has become the most boring show on earth, I guess it’s a reflection of Virginie herself, dull as hell. And Miu Miu what in the world was that?! Ewww…Paris was truly awful, I only liked Saint Laurent. Well the season is over and it’s safe to say that Michael Kors had the best cast in my opinion, big names and consistent with the brand. Also liked Max Mara and Saint Laurent, but that’s about it. Versace being the biggest offender of course, a damn mess.

What happened to Maike Inga? She walked some top shows in NYC, only a few relevant ones in Milan, and she didn't appear in Paris at all even though she was there all the time according to her insta. I would have loved to see more of her.

The same happened with Barbara Valente, no show in Paris

Haven't seen the Russian Super Heavy hitters ie NO Natasha Poly in Europe after walking Kors in NY. I am sure that was NOT the plan.
Same for Irina S and more.

Irina Shayk got a green card a few years ago. She might be a US citizen now, so she won’t have any problems. I think she’s a Burberry exclusive.

Louis Vuitton Cruise 2023 is tonight in San Diego. Lots of the usual LV girls are in town right now, including Emm Arruda who hasn't worked with them in a few years. Can't wait to see if any new faces debut.

Eva Herzigova having a real moment on the Schiaparelli haute couture catwalk... and looking rather sensational! :heart:

*Edit* AND CAROLYN MURPHY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->