Netherlands Baby Magazine

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
http://www.readbaby.com/

here's the link...

click on a cover...you can actually flip through the pages of the magazine by clicking on the right 'page' and go back by clicking in the left...

too small to actually read the articles...but some incredibly compelling imagery... :flower:
worth the effort...

Superb. Many thanks for posting, Softgrey:-)

you are very welcome stylegurrl and ngth... :flower:

Thanks Softie!

Baby is a great magazine :flower:

my pleasure scott...i only wish i could read the articles... :lol:

You should try and get hold of a copy,its quite a refreshing approach,their format. OFR Publications and Magmabooks in London sells them through the web. Its probably the best Dutch publication going right now since the demise of..well,Dutch magazine. :wink:

i bought a copy when i was in amsterdam...but that was about 3 yrs ago...
that's how i discovered it...
i still have it...but i never see it around here... :( :unsure:

I remember seeing something about it in Elle when they did that feature on Dutch and Belgian Fashion a few years ago. Then a couple years ago I heard about it again through a friend who knows one of the editors(Sharifa Jamaldin)....I had to see what it was about as everybody was saying how good and creative it was. I like it alot. I just wish I could get it here so it won't cost me so much in postage :(

I still don't understand why Dutch went under :unsure:

Dutch went under because of a dispute between the publisher and the founder. It's a shame and it wasn't pretty, believe me

The current Baby has a free tshirt attached to it, it's all about celebrity-dom, super! Just bought one this weekend.

The founder of Dutch recently launched Zoo in Berlin.

Originally posted by Alura@Nov 8 2004, 02:37 PM
Dutch went under because of a dispute between the publisher and the founder. It's a shame and it wasn't pretty, believe me

The current Baby has a free tshirt attached to it, it's all about celebrity-dom, super! Just bought one this weekend.

The founder of Dutch recently launched Zoo in Berlin.
[snapback]423379[/snapback]​

Oh, that's too bad! It was better than 90% of magz out there. Thanks for the insight! :flower:

Originally posted by faust@Nov 8 2004, 09:39 PM
Oh, that's too bad! It was better than 90% of magz out there. Thanks for the insight! :flower:
[snapback]423383[/snapback]​

You're welcome, it's shame, but at least it's clear it wasn't something the people behind Dutch wanted to happen. It was clearly a matter of the oh so familiar clash between big publisher with zero taste but money and art people :smile:.

Dutch was superb, I think the top printed magazines at this moment are Pop and Numéro. Brilliant shoots, beautifully printed and always special to get.

That's so true,Alura. Its the same thing that happened with A-Z in Antwerp. They had a big fuss with the publisher(Artimo)because they somehow decided on their own(without consulting the founders)that they would get Viktor & Rolf to curate rather than the planned MMM. To go along as a sort catalogue for the exhibition early this year. A big marketing ploy if you ask me.

Originally posted by Alura@Nov 8 2004, 05:27 PM

Dutch was superb, I think the top printed magazines at this moment are Pop and Numéro. Brilliant shoots, beautifully printed and always special to get.
[snapback]423694[/snapback]​

couldn't agree more alura...thanks for the info on dutch...are you based in the netherlands yourself?... :flower:

i used to love mixte...but i also never see that around anymore...

this is wonderful, thanks so much for posting softgrey :flower:

oh ...you're welcome tiffany...glad you're enjoying it... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->