Next in Fashion (Netflix)

KoV

Reaction score
Anyone watch season 1? Or season 2? Just came out this weekend. I remember watching Season 1 at the start of the pandemic and finding it enjoyable enough. Glad it's back. I haven't seen season 2 yet, but in addition to replacing Alexa Chung with Gigi Hadid as a co-host, I see they also have Donatella Versace, Bella Hadid, Olivier Rousteing, Isabel Marant, Emma Chamberlain, Gabriella Karefa-Johnson, Hailey Bieber, Candice Swanepoel, and Helena Christensen on this season.

I have watched the previous seasons and I love the show! Super excited it's back and Gigi is doing so well as a co-host. You can tell she's trying a little too hard and being extra, but I love her, so I'm not mad lol cuz I know that's probably what they have asked her, to make good tv/reality show.

I'm literally right now watching episode 3, so far, so good. Episode 1 was ok results, episode 2 had some stunning looks tho.

Reactions: KoV
I'm watching episode 1 as we speak. Based on the sketches I've seen so far, it's not terribly promising.

Im watching season 2 atm and its ok, fun
But idk, feels very forced in some moments

They sent home a designer who basically had an extremely well-constructed dress and cape/jacket and kept multiple people who created looks so sloppy they look like they were constructed in a primary school arts and crafts class. Unbelievable.

Ok, I'm not gonna live tweet this b!tch but it's not off to a great start

I admittedly clicked and was like okay, I'm going to watch 10 seconds of every 10-minute interval haha so I did that and I 'watched' the entire season in like 40 minutes.:mellow::lol:

a) Don't ask me how I got this invested watching like 5 minutes of each episode but I cried with the guy who got eliminated in episode 3. :rofl:
b) Everything is horrific.
c) The first 'winner' made no sense but at the same time, it was like a little simulation of the mindset that took over the fashion industry and turned Virgil Ablohs into something, 'hmyah, streets, hoodies, 'hood, sneaker culture, so young, and not like us, that's got to be talent!'
d) Gigi looks GORGEOUS. Whoever says she doesn't look like a model: she does, she looks far more 'modelesque' than 'legit' models when they reach that level of fame to go on live tv (Miranda, Candice, etc). Her problem is that she's not that good in her day job, all of her recent print work is terrible (mega puffy, limited range, zero grace in movements, same expression), you don't see any of that in this show. I think she'd be wonderful if she tried acting, she has more charisma in motion.

d) Gigi looks GORGEOUS. Whoever says she doesn't look like a model: she does, she looks far more 'modelesque' than 'legit' models when they reach that level of fame to go on live tv (Miranda, Candice, etc). Her problem is that she's not that good in her day job, all of her recent print work is terrible (mega puffy, limited range, zero grace in movements, same expression), you don't see any of that in this show. I think she'd be wonderful if she tried acting, she has more charisma in motion.

This is kind of my main takeaway so far as well. Gigi looks absolutely terrific. Maybe acting, as you said, could be a good direction for her. Meanwhile, choosing to do this show was a terrific move on her part.

I think they made the right decision getting rid of who they did in episode 3 (which I just finished) but he really endeared himself with a heartfelt exit and the fact he didn't demand different treatment even though he literally only had the use of one hand for these very intensive hands-on challenges is actually inspiring.

I liked Gigi, she has charismatic and knows how to cheer things up! that said, it was a parade of non sense challenges and bad sense of aesthetics. even with the stellar guests the runways were all absolutely horrendous

even though he literally only had the use of one hand for these very intensive hands-on challenges is actually inspiring.
WHAT?!

I clearly didn't see the whole episode :ninja:.. I did hear him mentioning his disability at the end but I saw him walking away in two feet so I was like 'ok maybe neurological..'. Jeez. I'll rewatch. I can't believe they eliminated him so soon, there's more merit in the work he did :cry: (and frankly it was all bad!).

Yeah, in the first episode they were like "so we see you're only using one hand...?" and yes, he has a disability where one of his arms/hands isn't able to function the way the other is. After that initial discussion the camera didn't really focus in on him while he was actually sewing and cutting and such. Everything is pretty bad so far but I get it's a Netflix show so they're deliberately pushing for bright, theatrical, themed. I am impressed by some of the individual details on some of the pieces, though.

^ I just watched some of episode 3 again to remember the stuff he made.. it was bad but not worse than the other numbers (the denim one, the one with the miniskirt.. EW). I had to stop cause this guy's making me cry again! :lol:.. :wacko:

The black velvet dress he was making was probably the strongest look if he had just finished it and not gone wildly in a new direction. Oh well. I'm sure he's an audience favorite and ultimately that is the most valuable thing to be gained from being a contestant on the show.

Bao was the winner for me, glam all the way

Overall it was fun to watch (skipping lots of parts lol), nothing too new or inventive in terms of design. Sometimes cringy, but I appreciated Gigi as a co-host (Alexa was annoying).

About the designers…
Well, the winner was my fav (yes, very trendy but well constructed looks IMO) also Bao did a great job almost the whole season and also in the finale. Nothing groundbreaking but still good.
I think the times they gave the contestants for every challenge was INSANE, I kinda understood why some of their creations looked so sloppy and some of them pretty ugly.

The first episode already kind of pissed me off starting from the choice of winner being hilariously bad (but also to be honest, I don't even know who should have won, i disagreed with so many of their critiques and praises, for example that guy who was inspired by harry styles, i hated everything about it and really harry styles? that's who you see as pop royalty???) Also, what is with their very limited kind of vapid (i'm sorry but... you're on a fashion show) references, they get a challenge on royalty and half of them are going for pop stars? how is that groundbreaking? it is frankly adding to my sense of doom and gloom, someone should have made an anti-monarchist look lmao. The eliminated designer might have had a derivative design but at least it didn't look like it was going to fall apart any second. I've seen better constructed work on drag race lmao whatever, i'll keep watching because i like to get angry i guess.

Gigi does look so gorgeous in every ep. I miss seeing her on rhobh. Also her childhood-esque outfit... I feel like such a loser label wh*re zombie but I LOVE that Celine belt with her boots.

Right, the fabrics were giving... JoAnn's.

I think overall the contestants last season were much better. I actually liked the winner, she had some very pretty pieces available on Net-a-porter after the show. This year? Bao was certainly the most accomplished and talented in the finale but I'm not sure how much she needs the win. She already dresses people like Jennifer Lopez and Nicki Minaj for red carpets, she's doing fine. The guy with the puffer jacket obsession was.... hmmm.

I liked the braided denim, from the winner. That's about it.

It gets better from episode one but not much better. It is entertaining at times I guess. Gigi is gorgeous and charismatic. She could do more host roles (I don't know about acting, maybe, she could try).

Season 1 was amazing, Alexa was perfect as the host and the winner was brilliant.

Season 2 was shameful, Gigi was silly and like a 15 year-old-girl, not classy / not smart and just a lot of stupid stunts. The season didn't feel exciting either.

I won't watch season 3 if it's made. Heidi and Tim's show is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->