Pearl by Georgina Chapman/Marchesa for JC Penney

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
In the spring of 2013, the company plans to revamp its home section by introducing the MarthaHome stores by Martha Stewart as well as shops by Jonathan Adler, Michael Graves, Bodum and Terence Conran.
Justin Timberlake’s William Rast, Georgina Chapman of Marchesa and Watchgear by Tourneau are also planned to launch in spring 2013. (bizjournal)

this is odd, anyone else surprised by this? :unsure:

If Chanel can make watering cans,I guess it's not out of the ordinary for a fashion brand to launch into home goods.

sheer tablecloths covered with feathers and sequins for the masses?

i don't think its a home line. i think its a clothing line.

totally strange match... i would have thought macy's would have been a bit of a better fit..

or maybe a collaboration with neiman marcus...
i know neiman marcus doesn't do this sort of thing, but at least it would make more sense.

i highly doubt the jc penney customer has any idea what marchesa is or who georgina chapman is

i highly doubt the jc penney customer has any idea what marchesa is or who georgina chapman is

I don't know, she was the judge on the last season of project runway: all stars plus the brand does get a lot of red carpet exposure, so who knows.

I'm just worried about how the quality will be, we all know how nice JC Pennys clothes look in person :ninja:

lol marchesa clothes already look cheap when they're on sale at 10 thousand euros. i can only image what will come out of this

lol marchesa clothes already look cheap when they're on sale at 10 thousand euros. i can only image what will come out of this

:lol: So true.. It's a perfect fit. Finally something of Marchesa will actually be worth the price

why some brands decide to work with JC Penney and Target instead of H&M is beyond me...

JC Penny!? THIs is not a worllld store h&m would be the best market. doesnt make sense unless money talks

With the ridiculous amount of collaborations we get these days, the only one missing is a The Fashion Spot x H&M collaboration :rolleyes: :lol:

With the ridiculous amount of collaborations we get these days, the only one missing is a The Fashion Spot x H&M collaboration :rolleyes: :lol:

Hey hey there, don't give them fashion people any ideas..

the preview for this is next week. it may get postponed due to the hurricane.

it IS a home line.

they have trademarked for the following items:

Dinnerware, namely, salad serving spoons and forks; woodenware, porcelain, and china, namely, dishes, charger dishes, bowls, plates, serving platters, cups, saucers, candlestick holders, ramekins, vases and pitchers; crystal and glass beverageware, namely, goblets, wine drinking glasses, champagne flutes, pitchers and tumblers; crystal and glass vases; wicker, straw and wood baskets; ceramic and laminated plastic accessories, namely, soap dishes, toothbrush holders, dispensers for liquid hand lotion, vases and baskets; ceramic tissue box covers ; waste baskets; pitchers; bowls; serving platters; cake servers; cake molds; cake pans; salad bowls; salad serving tongs; salt and pepper shakers; pepper grinders; spice racks; casseroles; carving boards; chopping boards for kitchen use; cutting boards; cheese graters; bakeware; baking dishes; chocolate molds; confectioners' molds; cooking pots; cooking pans; knife blocks; canister sets not made of metal; slotted spoons; plastic coasters; cocktail shakers; coffee pots not of precious metal; tea kettles; decanters; ice buckets; ice serving tongs not made of metal; mugs; beverage stirrers; bottle openers; corkscrews; jar openers; spatulas; napkin rings; sugar bowls not of precious metal; creamer pitchers not made of precious metal; tea pots not of precious metal; serving trays not made of precious metal; trivets; caddies for holding hair accessories for household and domestic use; compacts sold empty; hair brushes; towel rails and rings

new photo. they are launching the clothes first on march 1.

pinchandnibble & wwd

Attachments

• pearl1.jpg
    pearl1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 19
  • pearl2.jpg
    pearl2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 92
i'm so curious about this... but i really can't imagine it being good
maybe the home stuff will be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics