Personal Style Etc.

and now i have more clothes...
:lol:...

helped my friend clean out her closet and she gave me a suitcase full of stuff she doesn't have room for in her place...

put together a whole bag of stuff for my niece and have a whole bunch of new sweaters for myself...
mostly stuff we bought together - all grey and black
good basics like men's cardigans in size large
plus some other nice pieces...

now i just have to make room for it here...
:rolleyes:...

but the best bit is she gave me her brand new studded birks cause she says they hurt her feet and she refuses to wear them...!!!
:woot:...

they are the perfect replacement for my melissa's that tore recently...
woohoo!!!
:clap:...

Last edited by a moderator:
What fun, congrats!!!
Weren't you saying you wanted studded Birks? :woot:

^^good memory Mel~!
ha! yes...
and i showed them to my friend, which is why she bought them...
i decided they were redundant since i had my melissas and another pair of studded black sandals as well, so i passed and she nabbed them instead...

but, somehow, they came home to live with me...
right after my melissas tore and the strap on the studded sandals snapped...
(though i was able to fix that strap)

lovely how things worked out~!

yesterday, i proved that when you buy well, you could have something for decades...
i wore a black sleeveless cotton knit jumpsuit which i purchased circa @ 1988...
turns out that a certain matohu belt which i have is the perfect perfect thing with it and it actually looks better now than it ever did back then because i have better accessories now...
^_^...

i also discovered that really bright pink lipstick in a matte finish looks good on me...
red makes me uncomfortable because people stare, but the pink seems to just look good without causing too much fuss...
never in my life did i imagine such a thing...
but i got some beauty products from my friend as well, so i was playing around with the colours and got a big surprise...

what fun! so true...
:clap:

Wow, that's pretty amazing about how the Birks ended up with you...and you wear the same size...sounds suspiciously like destiny to me...:heart::wink:

Funny re bright pink lips...I never leave home without the same shade of darkish red lips and nails for many years, but just today I went a bit wild and bought bright pink nail polish instead!! I tried matching lips too but it did not look good on me.

Hand-me-downs or whatever one might call them are such fun, I haven't had serious ones since high school when my mom's fashionable friends and relatives used to send over bagfuls of Yohji and Issey and Mugler and Ferre...YSL...Gucci...Chloe...Chanel...all sorts of things...ahh we were so spoiled back in the day, lol! One doesn't get those too often as an adult :heart:

:shock:

woah~!...
my mom never had friends like that~!
:lol:
she actually used to steal MY clothes to wear, instead of the other way round...
:innocent:...

i guess my niece is getting to experience that now...
lucky little thing~

your lipstick sounds like my mom's...
i always remember her wearing a sort of deep wine lip and polish...
she never left the house without it...

i guess i tried to emulate that for decades, but it just looked different on me...
(i take after my dad a bit more, i guess)
never really worked and i was quite disappointed...
i can imagine it's quite lovely on you...
especially with long dark hair...
:flower:

yeah- what's up with hot pink?
there is something in the air...
i can feel it...
:unsure:...

strangely- the positive experience with the hot pink lip gave me the desire to wear red, so the next day i was walking around with a deep red lip...
and didn't feel the least bit awkward...
:huh:...

i also took off my baby silver hoop earrings which haven't been off in several years and removed my ugo cacciatore silver anchor necklace...

the lipstick seems to have made them redundant...

and i suddenly got the urge to wear some more pieces from the past...
paired a dries black ruffled sleeveless shell with a dries ivory linen skirt with a tone on tone plaid pattern...
worn with flat sandals and a raffia fringed bag...
with the deep red lipstick...
and my raybans...

it's crazy that i have had these things in my closet for so many years but only wore them together for the first time now...
it's like getting new clothes, but better...

i read an amazing interview recently...
have to find it and post it in FID...

it's related to this somehow...

speaking of long dark hair...
i am trying to grow mine out...
at least until it is long enough to wear up...

all i seem to want to do is put my hair up...
it's driving me a bit nuts though...
:wacko:

I was just talking to a friend (a New Yorker incidentally) yesterday, he feels that there are huge changes in the air, recently but especially this year...I have to agree...hardly anyone we know feels stable in their lives anymore...our worlds are changing drastically--politically, environmentally, economically, technologically, spiritually, etc. and hence our values...and it may be why we're drawn to different colours and styles.

This year I was suddenly drawn to sage green/celadon for the first time ever, after refusing all shades of blue and green all my life...it felt very odd yet expansive, like discovering a parallel universe within our own.

That's so funny about hot pink and your red lip...and that Dries outfit totally sounds like something I'd wear... in fact I guess I pretty much do. Except I always keep my chunky silver cuff bracelet(s) on as well as a bunch of silver rings. Your mother sounds lovely :heart: And your lucky niece, she must be very stylish!

my niece is NOT stylish...which is why i keep giving her clothes!
she goes to school on what is the equivalent of a farm and tends horses and pigs and chickens, etc...
so she mostly has clothes for that...

when she comes to the city to visit, she needs some different kinds of things...
but she has definite opinions and ideas about what she wants to wear already...
i like that...
^_^...

another friend recently started talking about pink...
so nuts!

interesting chat you had with your friend Mel...
and interesting about the celadon...
it's an extension of grey, imo...
looks amazing with black...
my olive complexion cannot usually take it, but it's lovely...
sounds cool...!!!

i have a pair of cdg knitted wool wide leg pants...
got them at the london dsm many years ago...
suddenly, they are all i want to wear...

strange how that happens...
:ermm:...^_^...

OH-
and i am giving my friend back those studded birks...
the metal studs cause insane injuries to my feet, even after i added a soft pad...
:wacko:...

what a bust!
:judge:

i wore the silver boots today...
my friend said they reminded her of david bowie in his ziggy stardust days...

There's a starman waiting in the sky / He'd like to come and meet us / But he thinks he'd blow our minds

:mohawk:...

i wore the silver boots 3x in the first week, so that is kind of insane...
sometimes i have things for years before they see the light of day...

i get comments every time i wear them- and they are all really enthusiastic and positive...
plus they really are comfy and have started to break in beautifully already...
yay...

^_^

i've only worn them with loose pants...
i want to try a skirt or dress though...
the ankle is really narrow so it may or may not work...
usually i only zip them 1/2 way ...
so they stay on well, but aren't soooo tight...

the other funny thing that i suddenly got it into my head is that i wanted to wear some clark wallabees...
i have a sand suede pair that i never wore so i had to climb to the top shelf to get it down and i must say i think i will be wearing them now...
if they were only fleece lined...
:ermm:

been thinking that i oughta wear all my suede boots now before the weather turns wet...

:ninja:...

also-
i have been wearing SO much grey this fall...
like- an entire outfit with be all various shades of grey and tweed knits...

i guess that is why i was attracted to the silver footwear...
it's just another shade of grey...

*i keep thinking of runner, who always said he wears so much grey...
i think i know how it feels now...
cozy!
^_^...

I just bought my first new proper designer piece - Helmut Lang jeans. Sadly, I sized up because I expected them to run small, and because I wasn't certain of my waist measurement, and they're too big. I can wear them with a belt as straight-legged jeans, however! They look amazing.

I need to find something to wear for New Years Eve... It needs to suit the warm weather, but be the perfect balance between dressy and casual, as it's a house party (but it's New Years Eve). Dilemma. :stuart:

I'm still waiting on two AA skirts and a hoodie, and Boux Avenue knickers. Claire's Accessories managed to deliver my friend Zoey's Christmas present hat within days, so I don't see the difficulty with AA and Boux Avenue.

I need to find something to wear for New Years Eve... It needs to suit the warm weather, but be the perfect balance between dressy and casual, as it's a house party (but it's New Years Eve). Dilemma. :stuart:

What I've worn in that situation before ... a draped knit top (color) + black pants. I think I wore heels and kicked them off ...

What I've worn in that situation before ... a draped knit top (color) + black pants. I think I wore heels and kicked them off ...

I'm going to wear the dress that I was going to wear to a friend's 18th - which was cancelled because one of the other guests couldn't make it. :angry:

Sounds like it ended up a fun night! I think I'll stick to my personal uniform of dark denim jeans and a black blouse of some description. You can't go wrong with old favourites, especially when meeting new people. Good to stick to what you know in some regard I guess :lol:

Sounds like it ended up a fun night! I think I'll stick to my personal uniform of dark denim jeans and a black blouse of some description. You can't go wrong with old favourites, especially when meeting new people. Good to stick to what you know in some regard I guess :lol:

Sounds like a plan. Enjoy yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->