Personal Style Etc.

I had to..
But funny enough, it's not entirely false!!! I love war uniforms, and helmets and all that, but the connotation is terrible, and I always end up loosing them. Besides, I live in a country that has a tormented history with militars, I don't know if it's ready yet for me in a helmet..

I have a question for all the girls here.
Now I'm not a straight guy, but I've always wondered... do you girls like guys that are stylish and dress "fashionably" or do you find yourself more attracted to guys who are more relaxed and nonchalant when it comes to the clothes they wear?
(sorry if this has been asked before)

I forgot that when I wear blue and yellow together I look like I work at IKEA :lol:!

^Haha I had an ephifany like that once. I was wearing a yellow skirt and dark red flats... It hit me that I resembled this infamous chicken from a danish kids show. :rofl:
I've never combined those colors since.
5709901155011.jpg

[imusic.dk]

Now I'm not a straight guy, but I've always wondered... do you girls like guys that are stylish and dress "fashionably" or do you find yourself more attracted to guys who are more relaxed and nonchalant when it comes to the clothes they wear?
i'm pretty sure that every woman is going to say something different...
just like most guys will say something different...

personally, i like a guy who has a point of view...
period...in all things...
so, yeah, i like a guy with his own style...but not a specific style...
just whatever is HIS style...

just one stipulation...
he shouldn't take longer to get ready than i do!...i am still the girl!
:P

Me too, especially when it comes to hair. If a guy looks like he spends more time on his hair than I do, I automatically pass.

I think it's because you have to be pretty vain and into yourself and your appearance to spend that much time getting ready, and those aren't qualities I value in a potential partner. I don't want a slob, of course, and there's nothing wrong with having personal style -- as long as it doesn't look like that's the most important thing in your life.

i have too much stuff...
too much...too much...

i should write a song about it...

:P

I like the fact that my guy dresses well. It's just another way of showing that he takes care of himself, respects himself and wants to present himself in the best way possible. For me it's always been about personal style over "trends" and I appreciate the fact that he's always dressed for himself, even when dressing "fashionably".

Anyone any ideas on how I can get my husband to dress a little 'nicer'? I mean, I love him but all he's ever wearing is a pair of jeans, a band tee & hoodie. I tried going shopping with him and picking out something (like a plain shirt & v-neck sweater.. love those on men!), but then he ends up never ever wearing it cause he feels "overdressed" *sigh*

Anyone any ideas on how I can get my husband to dress a little 'nicer'? I mean, I love him but all he's ever wearing is a pair of jeans, a band tee & hoodie. I tried going shopping with him and picking out something (like a plain shirt & v-neck sweater.. love those on men!), but then he ends up never ever wearing it cause he feels "overdressed" *sigh*

this is my boyfriend! the thing is, he tells me that he feels most comfortable in t-shirt and jeans, and i believe that it's more important to dress in what you're most comfortable in as opposed to what's "nicer", so i just leave him be, lol :P

Errrmm .. do it bit by bit ... If I were on your position Id start hiding his old tees .. the worst, tattered ones (and less favorite/noticeable) first until he just have a few limited options and throw him a new tee "Because you have none!" and one day when you are going out on a date or on a social thingie at the last minute ask him to change into the new tee or whatever ... try to do it ONE garment at a time and it generally works.

Or you just could band-aid it and store every single old tee and one day when he opens his closet he'll find the new ones :P

Please try to note what he wears and try to stick it ... I go quite often for the jeans + v neck tee (or dress shirt) + jacket which works for everything .. its kinda casual but dressy as well and almost no guy will mind it (the hardest part is to get him to love the jacket).

With my ex (Im gay) at the end I even got him to wear pastel polo shirts and loafers with NO socks. Twas a process .. but sooo worth it (I miss him .. boo!)

:(sorry about that..
I agree with slowframes, but I do tell him very efusively when I love the way he dressed..

the weather is such a pain...
it was sooooo warm yesterday and now it's 15 degrees below normal...
wtf?!?...
:judge:...

i wish i had a cashmere body sock to wrap myself in before i go out of the house...
:ninja:

I have found recently my style is evolving. I've always loved bright colors and prints. But I've found recently that I feel the need to insert a certain toughness into what I wear. I still wear my giant hot pink polka dot flower pin, but I bought a little grey leather cropped jacket recently, so I can pair those two things. I feel like my style used to be summed up by "bright, sweet, cute", but now I'm more towards "bright, eclectic, modern, chic". I guess it's growing up a little. It's a little less, "Wow, look at her!" with a grin at the playfulness of my outfit, but more, "Wow, look at her!" with more assessment of the style. There's a maturity there.

i'm pretty ready for spring to start ...
if only the weather would cooperate...

:judge:...

^^me too... I've forgotten what I look like without a winter coat on :rolleyes:

I'm going through the opposite, and winter is teasing us as well!!! One day with a jacket, the next without sleeves! I don't like it when the weather is too cold, but I prefer it to jumping seasons through the week..

I'm stuck in a bit of a 'rut' at the moment with my personal style. its been driving me insane the past few days! I work in retail and love putting outfits together etc for work and I'm always being commented on what I wear and how good I look. However, I feel like I'm starting to wear the same outfits again and again, maybe I lack creativity?! I am not a patterned dress/girly girl kinda gal, I live in black tight jeans, loafers, breton stripe tops, leather jackets, maxi skirts, army boots & band tee's. I do realise I am rambling on here but if anyone has some advice on mixing style's up, I'd lvoe to hear! Also, sorry if this is not quite the right thread but took a guess and thought this suited best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemercedes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->