Peter Hawkings - Designer, Creative Director of Tom Ford

^ i also think that looking at the suits and comparing is important

That sleeve on that YSL tux is like the fashion equivalent of seduction. That drape is GORGEOUS. That nipped sculpted waist with darts is criminally chic. Perfectly placed pockets. Sculpted but ease on the chest with a little bit of ease at the shoulder seam… YSL please!!! I can only take so much. That ease and almost flare in the fit if the pant. So chic. The absolute best.
The blonde mans suit is clearly flat pattern made the barrel like arms kinda give that away. Its hard to get an idea of the fit on him because it appears to be too large

1715221436683.png

Looking at the runyway model. We see the flat pattern nature of the garment very clearly. A almost block of material with a super tight waist and large curved shoulders. High placement of pockets. No volume in the chest just ease.

There are 3 schools of mens tailoring. English French and Italian. All with minor differences. English tailoring is what the current TF looks like. nipped tight waist but not defined hips and almost coatlike shape. This is savile row style. French is more associated with draped shapes not flat pattern made - as seen in this YSL tux with the draped sleeves. This gives it a flou. Italian is like ultra fitted waist and hips. SarahbBurtons mcqueen is very italian in fit.

Talking in broad terms of tailors in those regions and how they created a distinct visual language that are foundation for current fashion analysis.

Last edited:
View attachment 1268988
X

View attachment 1268989
X

I think tom is telling peter how TF jackets should fit and i agree. That guy shouldve worn his jacket closed like a gentleman - also it appears to be maybe a size too big.
Is that actor Chris something yeah that suit doesn't fit very well but he looks so goddamn hot look at those big old legs a guy like that it must be tailored perfectly. I'm not sure that suit was cut for him it looks off the rack.

^ i also think that looking at the suits and comparing is important

That sleeve on that YSL tux is like the fashion equivalent of seduction. That drape is GORGEOUS. That nipped sculpted waist with darts is criminally chic. Perfectly placed pockets. Sculpted but ease on the chest with a little bit of ease at the shoulder seam… YSL please!!! I can only take so much. That ease and almost flare in the fit if the pant. So chic. The absolute best.
The blonde mans suit is clearly flat pattern made the barrel like arms kinda give that away. Its hard to get an idea of the fit on him because it appears to be too large

View attachment 1268990

Looking at the runyway model. We see the flat pattern nature of the garment very clearly. A almost block of material with a super tight waist and large curved shoulders. High placement of pockets. No volume in the chest just ease.

There are 3 schools of mens tailoring. English French and Italian. All with minor differences. English tailoring is what the current TF looks like. nipped tight waist but not defined hips and almost coatlike shape. This is savile row style. French is more associated with draped shapes not flat pattern made - as seen in this YSL tux with the draped sleeves. This gives it a flou. Italian is like ultra fitted waist and hips. SarahbBurtons mcqueen is very italian in fit.

Talking in broad terms of tailors in those regions and how they created a distinct visual language that are foundation for current fashion analysis.
Wonderful lesson.

The fit on Chris is honestly despicable. The god awful unbuttoned shirt was shockingly bad. Might have saved it slightly if he'd worn it like the catwalk version but as is, he was a complete fail at the MET. Did Peter really ok this look? Those that said Tom's SL fit was a slap on the wrist to PH are absolutely correct. Shame.

I’m going to defend Peter here because it’s obvious that the man doesn’t like wearing a suit anyway. He would probably prefer wearing a tshirt so from the start, it’s doomed.

The posture is off, he opened the shirt, he looks like he wants to be an gogo dancer of sort. There’s no real sense of formality in it.

And Tom…We know Tom probably had his say on the way his suit should look and feel like on himself.

He dressed Donald Glover for the MET and let me say that it’s probably one of worst suit I have seen in my life on a man.
I think Tom Ford himself should get the praise for the fit of his suit because clearly, menswear is not for Anthony.

I am still wondering what Tom sees in Anthony to call him "a great designer"...

Kering money.

Being the CD of such a young, but iconic brand is really a rare opportunity in the way that it's still in its "formative years". Peter makes really beautiful clothes, which seems to doing well for now, but the brand will definitely need to create excitement to thrive for the long term and Tom knows that. These were his exact words on Peter Hawking's debut at Tom Ford, via GQ:

Tom Ford wearing YSL instead of his own brand is definitely a bad look for Peter, so he'll definitely need to step it up with a sexy, high-octane, glamourous show for SS25, if he wants to save himself.

"Hermes for sluts" is definitely the perfect description for the brand. Maybe Peter could start sucking c*ck for inspiration (his wife might not appreciate that though).

LOL "Hermes for sluts" is the cringe side of Tom Ford that’s the equivalent of cool moms everywhere desperately attempting to be down with the kidz. I couldn’t roll my eyes any further back when Tom attempted it for his own brand, and if Peter attempts this then he deserves to see Tom choose Phillip Plein over his Tom Ford for the next MET.

Since he’s already ripping off Tom’s Gucci, just go back to Tom’s Gucci campaigns and remember where the blueblood, purebred sensuality and sexuality came off so effortlessly smouldering, raw, and primal— and still so proper. When you see the the Housewives Of types carrying Birkins these days, there’s nothing covetable about that brand anymore LMFAO Just like people mistaking fashion victims for fashion icons, people are also mistaking nouveau-riche trash for blueblood. Learn the difference, Peter. And there are no more blueblood at the MET, just clowns: women in Disney princess costumes, and men in Disney villain costumes. No wonder Angelina has never attended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->