• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pleated Skirts

I really am trying to overcome the whole catholic school girl thing when I wear pleated skirts, but, uh- it's hard when you are one. I saw the cutest skirt in Frock Candy the other day- kind of Chanel-ish, but not. I'm going to buy it next week!

I love pleated skirts...i like metallic ones ( i only have a silver...i love the gold helmut lang)

Ditto Ladies, I too love the pleated skirts and I HAVE them in black and pink!!! and yea they are mini and I love it with my boots...

i have seen some here and there, but i guess it would be easier to find them if i'd just go to the actual stores to shop. here are the kinds i am looking for

1rst by: Prada
2nd by: Vera Wang
3rd by: Boston Proper

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a great pleated skirt by Liz Claiborne at a thrift store last summer. Look in thrift stores, because you can find great designer clothes for incredibly inexpensive prices (my skirt was around $4) so if you wind up never wearing the skirt anyway, it wasn't a waste of money! Plus, you're more likely to find authentic retro styles in thrift stores as opposed to modern re-creations.

I found the cutest pleated skirt at Le Chateau. It's dark blue denim with pleats on the side, and some punky buckles. I :heart: it! :flower:

I love pleats period. Whether on a skirst or details on shirt or jacket. I found a black pleated skirt in a thrift shop and transformed it into a cape B)

Originally posted by TheSweetest@Dec 30th, 2003 - 11:48 pm
here are the kinds i am looking for

adorable :heart:

i prefer over the knee pleats in printed silk, already own three of those and should be getting a fourth next week, in white, red, fuchia and pink, on white background :heart:

I'm wearing a miumiu fw03 'mens fabric' style with 'unfinished' pleat seams and matching unfinished hem (from :innocent: Zara)
and a plain wool black (vintage) which i seldom wear

Originally posted by TheSweetest@Dec 30th, 2003 - 3:48 pm
i have seen some here and there, but i guess it would be easier to find them if i'd just go to the actual stores to shop. here are the kinds i am looking for

i have a very simmilar skirt to the vera wang, although mine, which is by helmut lang is in a flesh colour, i picked it up in a sale shop for £4

Originally posted by beki+Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(beki @ Jan 2nd, 2004 - 1:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheSweetest@Dec 30th, 2003 - 3:48 pm

i have a very simmilar skirt to the vera wang, although mine, which is by helmut lang is in a flesh colour, i picked it up in a sale shop for £4 [/b][/quote]
Nice bargain :P

yeah i was gutted when the shop closed down! my mate worked there so he used to practically give things away to me i once picked up a ysl rive gauche suit for £50 and bought my then boyfriend a lovely raf simons shirt for £35

think i was more gutted about the shop than the boyfriend! :P

Originally posted by beki@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 2:49 pm
think i was more gutted about the shop than the boyfriend! :P
Fashion is far more reliable and satisfying than any man I ever knew :innocent:

Calvin Klein I think had some that looked very similar to that Vera Wang one (posted by TheSweetest) but may have been slightly longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asparouk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->