Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Around 1997-98 I remember a 12 y.o. model walking for a brand (I don´t remember which one) in Milan. It was a scandal back then. The girl had very long hair (I have been browsing for more info/pics/video without success).
Gianne Albertoni walked Prada in ‘94? when she was 13 - there was some media scandal. Rachel Kirby was 13 also when she did Prada a few years later. (And who knows who else - agents back then lied about the girls’ ages…)

Look up Naomi Preizler in the Model Behavior thread for her origin story lol!

.. when the fashion industry tried WFH and probably claimed, like all of us, that it would not impact the quality of their work at all because they actually work 'better' at home:

Holy sh!t I had no idea... first time hearing about this. Now I am become Death, the destroyer of models 😅

And now I'm watching the video, she's SO dumb! I remember people saying back then on her thread that she was super intelligent 😅😅

Last edited:
^
i just remember Valerija Sestic.
She lied about her age to walk in at least 12 New York shows in 2011.
it was a huge scandal.

article-2041052-0DDBB40000000578-941_196x556.jpg

From the Guardian:
Agents representing Valerija Sestic told at least a dozen designers including Tory Burch, Rodarte, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta, that she was 16. In fact, she is still 15, meaning labels that employed her have flouted industry guidelines on the use of underage models.

Fashion designers told how they had been in the dark about the youngster's true age.
They told the Wall Street Journal: 'We are conscious not to use models under 16.

The Council of Fashion Designers of America issued its guidelines on underage models in 2007. They ask that members keep girls younger than 16 off the catwalk and do not allow girls younger than 18 to work past midnight at fittings or photo shoots.

Indeed, they didn't stop Avril Lavigne from casting Kylie Jenner, 14 in her Abbey Dawn show at New York Fashion Week earlier this month.
Abbey Dawn by Avril Lavigne
And even CFDA president, Diane Von Furstenberg, has fallen foul of her own ruling after it emerged that Hailey Clauson, then 15, had walked in her February runway show.

In a letter to CFDA members at the time, she wrote: 'I was horrified and terribly embarrassed.
'Please accept my apology. I am trying to be a good leader and set an example.'
Women Management has accepted full responsibility for letting a 15-year-old be cast by designers for catwalk shows. Dejan Markovic, president of the agency, admitted: 'It is true. She is 15. This is never going to happen again from our company. I take full responsibility.'

of course... lol

The Guardian

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there also a huge fallout between Meisel and Freja at one point? I remember reading things mentioning that they had bit of a verbal tiff and Freja was thrown out of the studio onto the street and was banned from working with Meisel for some time.

The Milan brands have a penchant for booking underage models but having them as "exclusives" to kind of bypass. Roos Abels, Lindsey Wixson and Willow Hand at Prada spring to mind. It's also why Jac Jagaciak didn't walk in Paris for a few seasons when she started because she was still too young, but New York, London and Milan were fine for her.

Have you seen the latest documentary about Karl, the 4 part Canal+ one? I laughed when Paloma Picasso said that she didn’t get what all the fuss was over Jacques. FINALLY someone said it, I thought…

@jeanclaude Here’s the “film” on YouTube

I need to watch the documentary (because people I’m actually interested in are in it) but subscribing to Canal plus Just for that doesn’t really excites me lol.
I think people loves the idea of Jacques because of Karl and Yves rather him on his own…

The film was kind of stupid but the clothes slayed. I miss Karl and Silvia's Fendi...
I mean Jacques de Bascher is the director. Expecting sense out of it is a bit of a dream lol.
He was probably high directing it cause it makes no kind of sense…

Silvia wasn’t involved at that time. It was just the sisters (even if Silvia is seen eating in that movie). It was Karl on his own (he was also working for Mario Valentino and that’s why they used their shoes).
But the clothes are good! The opening outfit and the shiny black outfit, bag included are fabulous!

Silvia wasn’t involved at that time. It was just the sisters (even if Silvia is seen eating in that movie). It was Karl on his own (he was also working for Mario Valentino and that’s why they used their shoes).
But the clothes are good! The opening outfit and the shiny black outfit, bag included are fabulous!
I say "Karl and Silvia" mainly because I see 1965 (Karl's appointement) to 2020 (Kim's unfortunate appointement) as a sort of super-era.
I was there... guess my age ...
In your late 70s/80s?

The Milan brands have a penchant for booking underage models but having them as "exclusives" to kind of bypass. Roos Abels, Lindsey Wixson and Willow Hand at Prada spring to mind. It's also why Jac Jagaciak didn't walk in Paris for a few seasons when she started because she was still too young, but New York, London and Milan were fine for her.

I feel like this was quite the norm for some time. We’d all be swamping the model casting threads to try and identify the most obscure exclusives lol. I remember Prada exclusives like Truus Hooiveld who was also only 14-ish I think. Karlie Kloss was barely 15 when she was a CK exclusive I believe. And there were girls like Johanna Strickland and Johanna Johansson (sp?) who walked a lot of shows in 2006/2007 but were super young.

Let's say I was among the younger then at Loulou and Thaddée's wedding...
And Jacques wasn't invited...
Are you included in the guest list that Christopher Petkanas published in Loulou & Yves :rofl:

-The randomness of Karl being the voice of a Totally Spies’s movie character.

-The randomness of Karl going on a promo tour of the Totally Spies movie…

-The randomness of Karl using that opportunity to say that he didn’t like the Chanel movies (with Anna Mouglalis and Audrey Tautou), thought that Audrey Tautou wearing a yellow dress at the Madrid Premiere hurt the image of Chanel, that she was just up for the chèque because she said in a interview that she only owned Chanel rain boots…

And him stating that he would have signed Penelope Cruz for Chanel N5 instead of her lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    uche2crazyyy
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->