Rainy Days And Gorgeous Shoes

pradaesk

Reaction score
how do handle rainy days in combination with your nice, but delicate shoes? if you go outside - do you leave them in the closet (while it rains) or don't you care about the weather and wear your shoes whether they are made of suede or fine fabric? or do you have special shoes that you wear on rainy days?

where i live it rains a lot, especially in fall and winter and it freaks me out when i'm outside wearing my nicest shoes getting soaked with water.

is it just me or do you have similar thoughts?
or do you have any advice how to handle this situation?

thanks for your answers.
rainy greetings from europe,
A. :flower:

Rainy Days + Nice shoes/Open toe shoes = No good.

I leave my nice shoes in the closet on the crappy weather days... save my sneaks for the occasion.

I break out my Kenneth Cole's or a pair of Old Allen Edmonds for rainy days. They are nice serviceable shoes, that I won't be sad if they get ruined.
I never, ever, wear good shoes on rainy days and I don't like the way those rubber shoe protectors look. Good shoes will often be ruined by the rain (and forget the salt with snow) and when they dry, will appear to have different colors (from where the rain dried vs. the area where the rain never hit). It can be a real bummer and I've had to learn the hard way that you simply must wear crappy (not ugly) shoes in the rain....no exceptions.

when the weather's bad or if i'm gonna be in an area where the surface is rough (like the streets of georgetown :doh:), i just wear some cheap, simple black leather boots...they go with everything because of their simplicity and versatility so they don't look THAT bad..i save the nice stuff for indoors. depending on where i'm going i might even bring a change of shoes...

i don't have rain boots cause i hate every one i see. i want sexy rain boots or crazy funny rain boots-if there are any out in this dull world of ours. i just never found. still having problems with hard rain though..

I love these rainboots from Polo. http://tinyurl.com/7ynwh
I bought them in fuchsia. They are so much fun to wear. i wear them with skirts, dresses and slacks. I walk 4 blocks to my office so I would be LOST without them. I of course change into heels at the office.

No, but I tried it on, and I love it. I am definitely planning on getting it though, I'm just waiting for it to go on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->