Recovery : A Former Shopaholics Thread

yes, you might really need a black pleated pleather mini... i think i may need one too :P

I ebayed a leather mini with exposed zip pockets about a year ago... it was from Zara but the leather was actually really good, kind of a reverse-hide finish... I sold it because I kept rolling my eyes at myself when I came across it in my closet but NOW I wish I kept it, it would have looked awesome with some boots I bought a week ago...

Put DOWN the pleather. :lol:

i have decided i am not going to waste my time with buying separates for work anymore. i save money/time by just buying one item - a dress - utilitarian style rather than two. also cuts down on potential ironing/de-wrinkling time)

i have also noticed that i'm the only one at my work that actually wears dresses. :ninja:

Oops...found a new online shopping site inadvertently (how'd that happen?? :blink:) and of course I ordered a couple of things - it's called SSENSE and carries a lot of my fave designers. Best part is that it ships out of Canada so no duty charges and I bought only sale items. Justifying my shopping habit now... grrrrr ... But I have to stop, sheesh!! :angry::rolleyes:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
well---
i'm keeping all the pleather...:lol:...

and i got a cute silk mini skirt as well...vanessa bruno...

*i am doing some DIY to save money other ways...so that balances the spending...
sort of...right?

:innocent:...

bought a Robert Geller jacket for the mid-seasons. Someone help me before I dig myself back in!

Dang it, I'm off the wagon. It started off with a bit of sales shopping and now I can't seem to stop. I haven't done any major damage, but I can't seem to stop finding tings I want :doh:
I've basically lived in a pair of flat booties from Office, and now I'm craving new shoes. I want everything, ballet flats, sneakers, colorful sandals, boat shoes... It's terrible :lol:

Soft, I saw that pleated pleather skirt today, and I agree it is quite cute ^_^

haha...thanks tine!
i actually wore it the other day and it was fine...
(i got a slightly larger size so it wouldnt be crazy short)
i wore it with a blk cashmere sweater set and boots, so it was a sort of bondage school girl kind of thing...
:lol:...

then i added my blk and white striped fur jacket...
:innocent:...

i think people were too distracted by the fur to even notice the skirt...^_^...

anyway-
i was with my parents and they thought it looked great!...
*but then, they did insist I buy that crazy fur in the first place, so they might just be even crazier than i am~!
:lol:...

i think i'm finally settling down from my little shopping spree...thankfully!
it really is hard to stop once you start...i did manage to avoid buying shoes, which is a high ticket item, so that's good...

we gotta be strong!...
:muscles:...

yes, so hard to resist getting on a roll once you get started!

my sisters went shopping over the weekend and i stayed home (and out of the line of temptation) in an attempt to be good :P

Even though I am only nineteen, I used to be a serious shopaholic in my mid-teens. I would earn money by writing random articles for small fashion-related websites (now I am doing a lot better) and every penny I earned would be spent on clothes, shoes, bags... However, I never bought anything too expensive - only Zara and high-street stores' clothing. But by the time I realized that my closet is almost broken from all those silly "wear it once and throw it away" pieces, I had spent thousands. If only I saved some money to buy something meaningful and worth the price - a bottle of Chanel No.5, a nice Michael Kors watch... Oh well.
Fortunately, now I know how to shop and not to buy anything I don't really need therefore I do not shop when the sales come and everything looks deliciously cheap (one exception - when I know I am waiting for something to cost less), I do not buy anything unless I have spent a week or two thinking whether the piece would fit in my wardrobe. So now I can afford purchasing better clothes and avoiding all the unnecessary pieces in my closet which I wouldn't really wear that much :smile:

Sounds lovely soft, But yeah a striped fur jacket... I think that would demand most of my attention too :rofl:

A few weeks ago I bought a bunch of stuff from Asos, I've returned it all :clap:

Though I did end up buying a pair of Marni Loafers and a navy shirt from COS instead, but those were planned. And I've been looking for a perfect pair of nude loafers for quite a while. And one of my new year style resolutions is to add more nice everyday tops to my wardrobe as I'm seriously lacking those.
Justification much? :innocent::lol:

I really wanted to buy some new things, but there is nothing special out there at the moment...
Makes it easier not to spend though. :innocent:

I need to get back on track, I bought way too many things the last couple months. Got a scarf today, and I swore myself it'll be the last thing I buy before I really NEED to buy something. Let's see how this goes...

i bought a rick owens shearling jacket, among other things :ninja:
everytime i get the credit card down to zero, i certainly know how to rack it up instantly!:huh:

Just got a new job and now all I want to do is buy some clothes with my credit card (cause I haven't used it in forever) this is so hard :lol:

i'm in trouble...:ninja:...

sooooo much trouble...:cry:...
too many good things at one time...
so hard to control myself---agh!
:doh:...

i keep thinking about something that a very wise person once said to me...
'Will your heart wither without it?"
:wub:...

it truly has become my mantra and the best way to decide if i should purchase something...
thank you runner, dear~!
:kiss:

currently trying to decide if my heart will wither without a few things>>>
including a coat, a bag, a hat, some ankle boots, a skirt and some pants...
i guess it's a whole look from head to toe that i am after...
it's a problem...
:ermm:...

^ i hear you, once "my heart will wither" if i don't buy one thing, it's linked up with a whole outfit that suddenly seems indispensable :(

I really wanted to buy some new things, but there is nothing special out there at the moment...
Makes it easier not to spend though. :innocent:

I am in the same boat! Nothing to get your shopping gears churning like a new job... new job, new atmosphere = new wardrobe.

Which is awful.

ok, my rag and bone moto boots came and are fantastic-- comfortable best of all.

and the gary graham pattern leggings to go with them are great too. that, with the pregnancy citizens' black jeggings I've been wearing like every day are soo perfect to get my wardrobe through fall.

BASTA! I have everything I need!!!

I have forbid myself from buying anything else clothing-related for now, and then the new rule is one carefully-chosen item per calendar month.

it just gets crazy to see my closet filling up with things. and then i have all the things that don't get brought to the consignment shop/are out of season piling up...:rolleyes:

pic boot: shopbop.com
pic legging: shopbirdboutique.com

Attachments

• rag bone moto 1.jpeg
    rag bone moto 1.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
  • gary graham anagram leggings.jpeg
    gary graham anagram leggings.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 0
I have forbid myself from buying anything else clothing-related for now, and then the new rule is one carefully-chosen item per calendar month.

This is my rule, too, and it works! Believe me, there are still many times when I think no way it can ever work and when I feel I totally need to go shopping and stock up... But truth is, you can always live with less. And it's so good when you really can stick to your rules, it makes you feel much more in control. Finally I manage to put some money aside and it feels actually much better than every clothing item I ever bought :wink: Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->