Red Hair

I'll try to get some pics. The thing is, the color is substantially different in different lightings -- I think it's a little more orangey in sunshine, and more brown indoors. Maybe I'll try getting some comparative pics...

Oh yes, I think that's true of all reds no matter the shade. My hair looks bright orange in fluorescent lighting but everywhere else it's amazing.

Heehee... I finally managed some pics. These are of a freshly caca'd hair, I just rinsed my hair and blow dried it a couple minutes ago.

rair.jpg

raire.jpg

The other one is with flash, the other without.

^Is that with just one dye or did you henna it multiple times?

I've been using Lush henna for a couple months now. I did also have (dyed) red hair before I started using henna, but I like the color of henna (especially the Lush one) a lot more. :heart:

yay for red hair, although it is everywhere in england :(

If you want to see mine there is a link to my blog below theres pics on there, mines quite bright, love it!

love henna for bringing out reds and the best part is, the color builds over time to impart rich deep tones. I use Celebration henna and make sure to wash it out in the shower. it makes for a much easier clean up.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ITA!!! i have dark brown hair though so for a really nice intense red, i bleached out the bottoms of my hair and just dyed it in henna.

I'm a natural red head, but after years of straightening, the color became somehow "damaged", much lighter. Could anybody give me tipps to get it more reddish again without coloring? Some shampoo perhaps?

I love Drew as a redhead. I'm going to go red in the fall.

I feel stupid for having to ask this, but how come quite of few of you seem to have stopped going to colorists and instead simply use this Lush henna stuff? Is it really THAT good?

I ask because I'm naturally a dark brunette, but I've been wanting super red a la Taylor Tomasi Hill. I used a super old pic of Ashlee Simpson with red hair last time and while it looked super vibrant and perfect when I left the salon when I woke up the next day it had already faded to more of say a drab Bonnie Wright from Harry Potter shade of red which completely washed my porcelain skin out because it was more auburn and coppery instead of a darker, true, or fire engine red. This time I refuse to be rushed and leave the salon unhappy, but would it still be really helpful for me to use the Lush Caca Rouge Mama in between salon visits to brighten and bring out the red when it starts to fade?

Also, does anyone else on here have naturally dark hair that they dye red? I was wondering if other people with dark hair dyed their brows when they switched to red? I have seriously jet black eyebrows and HATE how freakishly unnatural they looked with my red hair even before I left the salon, but I let my ditzy colorist convince me they were fine (it was obvious she just wanted to get home and didn't want to take the time to dye my brows for me). She kept telling me to just use a red tinted brow powder, but I almost never wear any makeup so having to apply brow powder everyday just so I don't feel so unnatural doesn't work for me nor did the powder even make it look any less weird. I want to be able to just wake up without having to feel like I look gross. I don't mean like dying them the exact same color as my red hair because that would probably look just as unnatural as my current black brows do, but maybe simply dying them like a lighter brown shade would help it all to look more natural and not clash so much. I would SO greatly appreciate any of your advice on this since I have an appointment this Thursday and want to leave happy instead of frustrated!

PS. Sorry for such a long post!

^ my brows are black and i used to lighten & dye them when i was a blonde. if you don't leave a creme bleach(like Jolen - you can buy at Walgreens or various drugstores) on your brows long enough, it'll probably lift a reddish brown which works nicely if you are going red :flower:

whenever your roots grow out, just apply the bleach only to the roots of your brows and not the entire brow because you can get two different red tones going.

i have a few different posts about changing brow color in The Eyebrow Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, does anyone else on here have naturally dark hair that they dye red? I was wondering if other people with dark hair dyed their brows when they switched to red? I have seriously jet black eyebrows and HATE how freakishly unnatural they looked with my red hair even before I left the salon, but I let my ditzy colorist convince me they were fine (it was obvious she just wanted to get home and didn't want to take the time to dye my brows for me). She kept telling me to just use a red tinted brow powder, but I almost never wear any makeup so having to apply brow powder everyday just so I don't feel so unnatural doesn't work for me nor did the powder even make it look any less weird. I want to be able to just wake up without having to feel like I look gross. I don't mean like dying them the exact same color as my red hair because that would probably look just as unnatural as my current black brows do, but maybe simply dying them like a lighter brown shade would help it all to look more natural and not clash so much. I would SO greatly appreciate any of your advice on this since I have an appointment this Thursday and want to leave happy instead of frustrated!

PS. Sorry for such a long post!

just my $0.02, but since you're not going for a natural look and are going with a color like fire engine red (or what I call "comic book character" red--Cheryl Blossom anyone? ^_^) why not go balls to the wall and go ahead and dye your brows the matching color? I mean, it's obvious the color isn't natural, so it's not going to look any less unnatural than if you left your brows black, you know?

speaking of unnaturally-red-with-black-brows combo-- Kat Von D sports the look. So that can be an option for you too.
kat%2Bvon%2Bd%2Band%2Bbam%2Bmargera.jpg

1.bp.blogspot

And I can't mention Cheryl Blossom and not post a pic!
Cheryl_1.jpg

Archie Fans

^That girl is crazily perfect. Never heard of her before but her hair (and skin!) is tdf.

Deborah is from True Blood! she's is a natural Blonde too but damn she makes a hot redhead :crush: oh yeah! i posted her in the Celebs with the Best Skin thread too lol

If it helps any, my eyebrows don't match and I'm a natural redhead. They're a dark brown.

Well yes, brow color doesn't always match the hair on our head because, like eyelashes and pubic hair, they're coarser and can appear darker. There are always exceptions of course (like albino/natural platinum blondes) but the difference here is for a natural redhead the brows will be in the same shade family. Going with an unnatural red like fire engine or "true" red is like telling the world "yeah, I know it doesn't look natural, I'm just having fun!" so you might as well just dye the brows to match and have fun with it.
I don't recommend bleaching your brows though....I don't think orange (natural red) brows would look good with fire truck red hair :o

I don't recommend bleaching your brows though....I don't think orange (natural red) brows would look good with fire truck red hair :o
This is true. I color my own hair. Granted, I have auburn hair naturally, but I like it to be a more vibrant red. ^_^
Whenever I touch up my roots I add color to my brows at the end and leave it on for only about ten minutes. That way they pick up some of the red tint, but aren't as bright as my hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->