• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Richard Nicoll F/W 10.11 London

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
London Fashion Week: Richard Nicoll Autumn Winter 2010/2011 show “I started by looking at my own wardrobe,” said Richard Nicoll, of his autumn/winter collection shown at London Fashion Week this morning, and indicating the blue plaid shirt, white T and chinos he was wearing.

richard-nicoll-sum_1582678c.jpg

By Hilary Alexander, Fashion Director at London Fashion Week

But no-one could have predicted the fabulous functionality that would lead to.Working in a palette of light grey and ‘denim’ blue, spiced with shots of jewel-like terracotta, Nicoll managed to turn ‘casual chic’ into a slick, urban, working wardrobe.
Short, grey flannel ‘trench’ jackets, topped black-and-white, mega-check skirts; the same check used for functional, 9-5 suits. Strap-and-buckle details trailed from waists and cuffs.

Jackets with pleated details on the back of the shoulders, inspired buy the closure on bin-bags, were worn with tailored shorts, or long skirts, inspired by airline blankets.
The key “accessory”, or piece of jewellery, was a silver bulldog-clip, embellished with Swarovski crystals. It was attached to collars, earrings, pockets, or fastened to long skirts, in stretch-chiffon to exaggerate the bustle or drape effect.
Easy blazers in gleaming terracotta velvet with satin trousers, or the stretch-chiffon skirt, paved the way for evening wear.
Nicoll returned to the ‘denim blue’ colour theme for a parade of bustier tops, worn with velvet, sack-waist skirts, or short skirts, swathed in long stretch chiffon over-skirts.
Standout gowns featured the stretch-chiffon, swathed with a sari-like layer of denim-blue velvet – and caught with that ubiquitous bulldog clip.

telegraph.co.uk

More red velvet! This seems to be the trend of the season.

Love the ethereal long-short layering, pleated origami folds and material mixes, but hate the image prints.

the blue short dress is gorgeous :heart:
love the soft layering and fabrics!

Looks promising so far, really like some of the skirts in this collection.

Actually I think the strongest reference is McQueen and what he did with his Linder references for AW 09/10 and definitely Robert Mapplethorpe with that fetishist undercurrent...

i love this, like someone said not the Richard Nicoll i was expecting but it's a nice change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->