Not open for further replies.

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
from vogue.co.uk:

SJohansson-_Loreal_06B.jpg

THE SCARLETT L'OREAL
spacer.gif
WHERE one door closes, another opens – especially when it comes to beauty boutiques and A-list actresses. Just a month after Scarlett Johansson's role as the face of Calvin Klein fragrances came to an end, the bombshell blonde actress has been swept up by L'Oréal Paris to represent its new colour line: HIP High Intensity Pigments. "It's wonderful to be working with L’Oréal, a company that has celebrated independent women for years," says Scarlett. "I'm very excited to be part of this campaign, which is modern and fashion forward." The Match Point star, who is thought to have made $1 million-a-year through the cK contract, is estimated by industry sources to have been wooed by a $3 million-a-year deal this time around, according to WWD. HIP is expected to generate sales of $50 million in its first year and Johansson's contract will likely include the promotion of further make-up and haircare products in the future. Her first ads for the brand will air during the Golden Globes, of which L'Oréal Paris is the sole beauty sponsor, on January 16. (January 4 2006, AM)

I am not liking her facial expression in the ad :innocent:
I have a question: How long did that CK fragrance deal last? It seems to have ended pretty quick- does that mean someone else is advertising Eternity Moment?

are you sure the photo is the ad for L'oreal??? i guess it's not.

did anyone else see scarlett's commercial? she had waaaaaaaay too much makeup on. lots of winged blue eyeshadow and red lips? i don't think so.

peacelover142002 said:
did anyone else see scarlett's commercial? she had waaaaaaaay too much makeup on. lots of winged blue eyeshadow and red lips? i don't think so.

yeah.. but she looks stunning as always...!!!!!!!! :flower:

add penelope cruz to the list...from wwd:

Bringing back the "Because I'm Worth It" tag line to L'Oréal Paris' ad campaigns this year proved fortuitous Monday when the French beauty giant L'Oréal unveiled Penélope Cruz as its latest spokeswoman.

It seems the Spanish movie star and her family have long been fans of that well-known phrase.

"It's funny, a couple of years ago my sister started a ‘L'Oréal weekend' with her girlfriends," Cruz said through a L'Oréal spokesman while shooting a TV commercial for Natural Match hair color, her first L'Oréal gig. "It's time they reserve just to feel good about themselves, no talking about men, and they call it the ‘Because I'm Worth It' weekend. So now they think it's hilarious that now I'm the one saying that line."

The TV spot featuring Cruz, whose hair has been treated with Natural Match shade 5W, will debut Jan. 16 during the Golden Globe awards telecast. She is featured wearing a black tank top in various poses, and refers to the hair color as "speaking her language." Cruz admitted to laughing while filming the tag line since her friends had been asking her for several days to practice saying it for them.

Cruz will not be alone the night of the Golden Globes in representing L'Oréal Paris, a division of the Paris-based L'Oréal, and of its U.S. subsidiary, L'Oréal USA. She will be part of a L'Oréal trifecta. Scarlett Johansson will be pitching HIP High Intensity Pigment, L'Oréal's newest color cosmetics line, during the awards show, too. HIP is aimed at reigniting consumers' interest in drug stores with bold lip, eye and face products. And, L'Oréal is the sole beauty sponsor of the show.

Cruz, who signed a multiyear contract with the beauty firm, is expected to receive as much as $2 million a year for her spokeswoman role, said industry sources. The actress is currently promoting "Bandidas," a Fox film, in which she stars with her best friend Salma Hayek. They play bank robbers in Mexico during the early 1900s. Cruz is working on the film "The Good Night."

L'Oréal has been linked to Hollywood actresses for more than 30 years, said Carol Hamilton, president of L'Oréal Paris. "We were the first to hire celebrities in any beauty campaign. It is part of our DNA," she said.

The Penelope ad was very much L'Oreal but I really do not like those new "HIP High Intensity Pigment" commercials.
It seems to me that companies like L'Oreal appeals to the mass market, while this commerical just drives them away... it's all those colors... just a thought.

Yeah I thought those Beyonce ads were really cheap looking.. and it was entirely because of the product.. not good.. it was like "you too can look like a 12 year old girl experimenting with makeup for the first time"... I'm sure the actual product isn't that bad.. if you probably used it in a more subtle way.

JRSlims said:
yeah.. but she looks stunning as always...!!!!!!!! :flower:

She looks so different in that commercial. If it's not for her voice, I wouldn't recognize her.

I hate her make-up in those ads. She so dosn't have the face type to pull off something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->