• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Sebum / White head pimple solutions

D00R

Reaction score
I have a problem with White heads pores on my nose. they get so glogged with white heads.

I got a facial today it hurt she squeezed all the sebum out from my nose.

Anyone have the same overproducing sebum gland problem?

What is good to wash the nose with to clean out the pores.

I read that the citric acid found in fruits are good.

i have the same problem. i've been having exams and stressing out heaps, causing all these whiteheads on my face.

oh and welcome to tFS D00R!

Hi D00r and another welcome from me :flower:

You didn't state you age..so it's a bit difficult to quess the source of you skins problem.

My skin is weird..it's dry, sensitive and at the same time there is a sebum overproducting in the outer layer. I should add that I am by no means a teen anymore..and haven't been for a decade :wink:

I've found that using a mild instead "letsgetridofallthatoilharshcleanser" cleanser will help reduce the overproduction.

I use Lancome's Comforting Skin Cleansing Milk, but you could also try Shu Eumura's cleansing oil ( yes oil..oil is great to combat oil ^_^ ) http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19072

Same goes for skintonic..don't pick a harsh one.

An aspirin mask might be good for your skin as well. http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19072

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanne said:
Hi D00r and another welcome from me :flower:

You didn't state you age..so it's a bit difficult to quess the source of you skins problem.

My skin is weird..it's dry, sensitive and at the same time there is a sebum overproducting in the outer layer. I should add that I am by no means a teen anymore..and haven't been for a decade :wink:

I've found that using a mild instead "letsgetridofallthatoilharshcleanser" cleanser will help reduce the overproduction.

I use Lancome's Comforting Skin Cleansing Milk, but you could also try Shu Eumura's cleansing oil ( yes oil..oil is great to combat oil ^_^ ) http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19072

Same goes for skintonic..don't pick a harsh one.

An aspirin mask might be good for your skin as well. http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19072

:flower:

Hi Fleur and Hanne. thank you for the welcome :wink:

Im 23 years old.

Iv seen 4 dermatologist. 2 out of the 4 said i had Rosacia. None of them helped me.

the 1st Doctor told me to let Shampoo cleanse my face when i had itchy scalp.,,???

the econd Doctor told me to take a medication that may cause skin cancer and is for egzima...???

the third Doctor a plastic surgeon said it looks like i have slight Rosacia.

and the 4th Doctor Prescibed me medications creams for Rosacia.

I did not take any of the medications.

I got a facial yesterday for $70.00 it was nice i guess. she ended up squeezing the sebum out of my nose and it hurt. I would do that but it just doesnt seem right. i asked her if she had a delicate machine that sucks it out she said no.

The lady who did my facial said that its not rosacia and that i needed a cleaning.

my nose is a bit better, but i know the sebum will return and i have no idea how to cleanse it out from my pores. My pores are wide open its depressing but cant it be treatable? if i calm down the sebum by cleansing it out?

Im very stressed all the time. I know that adds to it. and the fact i dont know how to wash my face to get the sebum to dislove doesn't help at all either.

its like i have little to no pimples on my face. the only problem is my nose. it gets so greasy.

i spent so much money to go to Doctors with no advice or help. Leaving me frustrated and im sad from it. it bothers me.

whats an aspirin mask? is that like the same stuff for headaches?

that Shu stuff is expensive. I need to find where there are samples.

i'll look into the skintonic.

do stores carry these products? Im from long island NY.

urhm...is this skin tonic?

Lemon Skin Tonic

• bring 1 pint of water to a boil and remove from heat
  • add 1 thinly sliced lemon
  • allow to steep overnight or all day
  • strain liquid

The liquid can be put into a spray bottle, squeeze bottle or just a container. Apply liberally to the coat of the dog and rub in so that the skin is wet.

Lemons are very good for the skin and contain limonene which is an effective insect repellent. The limonene actually dissolves fleas' waxy coating causing dehydration and death of the flea.

Use as often as necessary.

• i looked up more about "skin tonic" it seems its herbal to like you can buy it in an herbal shop. so im gonna see what wild by nature has.​
  • thats what i want to do get natural stuff not like medications that cause skin cancer

I guess "skin tonic" is more a european word..I guess you'd call it an astringent.

Do you use exfoliators and hydrating masks on a regular basis (1-2 times a week) ? Sometimes the skin reacts to lack of moisture by producting more sebum = white heads as a form of defence mechanism..the skin can't add more moisture but it can add oil..which protects the skin albeit giving you the problem with whiteheads and shine.

Try to use a biological exfoliator ( no grains in the mask but one that uses AHA, greentea etc ! ) YSL's Instant Pure (expensive) Guinot's Gommage Biologique (medium range beautician label http://www.guinotusa.com/ ) or something similar.

Shu Uemura you can get in New York, you can find retailers her : http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/

I think you should try and read up on Rosacea. http://www.rosacea.org/ and figure out which doctor you agree with.

Best of luck to you :flower:

Hanne said:
I guess "skin tonic" is more a european word..I guess you'd call it an astringent.

Do you use exfoliators and hydrating masks on a regular basis (1-2 times a week) ? Sometimes the skin reacts to lack of moisture by producting more sebum = white heads as a form of defence mechanism..the skin can't add more moisture but it can add oil..which protects the skin albeit giving you the problem with whiteheads and shine.

Try to use a biological exfoliator ( no grains in the mask but one that uses AHA, greentea etc ! ) YSL's Instant Pure (expensive) Guinot's Gommage Biologique (medium range beautician label http://www.guinotusa.com/ ) or something similar.

Shu Uemura you can get in New York, you can find retailers her : http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/

I think you should try and read up on Rosacea. http://www.rosacea.org/ and figure out which doctor you agree with.

Best of luck to you :flower:

I just use body soap to wash my face. i cant use harsh stuff it makes my skin red.

awe your so helpful. im gonna look into this stuff.

i found this also for people who have oily skin,

http://1stholistic.com/Beauty/skin/skin_oily_skin.htm

iv read a lot about Rosacia about how its uncureable, how you can have laser surgery.

i wanted to do that but the docotor said that was just for broken blood vessels not stopping excessive amounts of sebum.

Ok im like writing everything down your telling me :wink:

im going to try Hydrating masks with green tea.

im going to find an astringent "skin tonic"

i think thats a good start:unsure:

Hello D00R and Hanne!
I don't know if this is a thing for everybody but stress is a major reason why i break out and get whiteheads. ever since my exams started last monday, i've been breaking out nonstop with whiteheads. my pores are wide open too...is there a way to kinda close them up a bit?

D00R said:
I just use body soap to wash my face. i cant use harsh stuff it makes my skin red.

I think body soap could be one of the reasons your skin is producting too much sebum..you need to use something far more gentle like a cleansing milk or oil.

Never heard of Oratin.

fleur137 maybe exfoliating and using hydrating masks will help you. I know Queen Helene Mint Julip Mask (it should drain the pores) gets rave reviews on MUA and its cheap .. maybe that's something for you as well D00R :flower:

Hanne said:
I think body soap could be one of the reasons your skin is producting too much sebum..you need to use something far more gentle like a cleansing milk or oil.

Never heard of Oratin.

fleur137 maybe exfoliating and using hydrating masks will help you. I know Queen Helene Mint Julip Mask (it should drain the pores) gets rave reviews on MUA and its cheap .. maybe that's something for you as well D00R :flower:

awesome im going to try out your recomendations and let you guys know about.

today i just been washing my face with water. hours pass and my nose is all beaded up with oil its awful so i celnse it with water.

i'll keep you guys updated after the weekend.

take care.

hi i havent't really found a miracle solution but i have heard wonderful reviews of clinque's pore minimicer(not spell like that but can't remeber the correct spelling, u get the idea). it supposed so make ur pores smaller and this helps reduce black heads/whte heads don't take my word on ti but i think that was it. I have a small tube of the product but havent't yet tried, when i do i'll post my results.

hey! haven't been here for 2 days and it feels like forever! gosh i'm addicted to tFS...
anyway, Hanne - i sometimes exfoliate. but the thing i'm kinda scared of is that it will accidently pop a big whitehead and leave a scar (as i scar very easily). oh and about masks, i heard that you can make them yourself at home. which ones will be good for combination skin? my cheeks get really dry and flaky at times and my T zone is kinda oily...not good...

lifeis - yes please tell us that result. thankies very much!

fleur137 said:
hey! haven't been here for 2 days and it feels like forever! gosh i'm addicted to tFS...
anyway, Hanne - i sometimes exfoliate. but the thing i'm kinda scared of is that it will accidently pop a big whitehead and leave a scar (as i scar very easily). oh and about masks, i heard that you can make them yourself at home. which ones will be good for combination skin? my cheeks get really dry and flaky at times and my T zone is kinda oily...not good...

lifeis - yes please tell us that result. thankies very much!

Try exfoliating with an exfoliator without grains.
Maybe you should use 2 masks on your face..one in the t-zone and another on your drier parts ? I don't make masks at home but you might want to check out the Household beauty recipes thread http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7163 I'm sure it lists quiet a few homemade masks :flower:

^any good recommendations of exfoliators without grains? and thankies for the link!

Hi i bought a Hydrating mask over the weekend/ GOT2B Peel Masque heres the link.
got2b_In_Your_Face_Groovy_Peeling_Peel_Masque-resized200.jpg

GOT2B

my face feels pretty refreshed. it looks a bit better. i still need to see a dermatologist. but i have been waiting 3 months for my apointment and my nose has started to swell so i decided to get some help from people on this board in the mean time.

I couldnt find any of the recomendations. i went to Ulta near me and none of the workers were any help so i chose the GOT2B its a gel.

im not sure if its safe or not. i think it has alcahol in it . id like to know peoples thoughts on it if anyone has any.

whats a good store to find the mint mask? is this stuff only available on the internet?

i

any recomendations on a good cleansing milk?

and how many times should i use the got2b masque? i bought it yesterday and been using it once in the morning and once at night, and i did the same today. is that to much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcddf
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->