Sergio Rossi Silver Trainers

Orochian

Reaction score
I just wanted to gather some opinions from our resourceful community here :wink: , about these Sergio Rossi sneakers that I'm considering.

c0_1_sb.JPG

Do you think they'd be too over the top for a guy? I have a lot of light grey / silver items in my closet and these would make a perfect match, but I don't want to look like some silly flaming fashion victim. :ninja:

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

i don't think they are over the top at all. there are much more gaudy shoes out there that being worn everyday by my male relative alone. i think they are perfectly wearable.

i dont think they are over the top at all.
on the contrary, i find them rather boring.. if you are that daring kinda guy, im sure there is much nicer silver -ish trainers.

:flower:

Well, they're basic trainers. The colour looks nice, but it's more lead than silver? They seem versatile.

Originally posted by tott@Apr 24th, 2004 - 9:32 am
Well, they're basic trainers. The colour looks nice, but it's more lead than silver? They seem versatile.
Yeah tott, I suppose the colour is somewhere between lead and silver. I'm hoping that in person it's closer to lead than silver, and isn't too bright and shiny. :P I don't want to be blinding people with my shoes...

Now I appreciate all the feedback so far, but as for the comments about these shoes being "boring" and "dull", let's just say my taste is not of the outlandish freakshow variety. :ninja:

I actually have two pairs of similar Sergio sneakers, in blue and black - and honestly they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on. They don't suffocate your feet like "serious" athletic shoes like Nike but provide the support that's lacking in most designer sneakers. The black part of the sole is actually a piece of moulded carbon fibre, too add strength and flexibility, which is kind of nifty.

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:05 pm

I actually have two pairs of similar Sergio sneakers, in blue and black - and honestly they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on. They don't suffocate your feet like "serious" athletic shoes like Nike but provide the support that's lacking in most designer sneakers. The black part of the sole is actually a piece of moulded carbon fibre, too add strength and flexibility, which is kind of nifty.
i like the colour and they do remind me of your other shoes which you've posted...they definitely look comfy ...i'm not big on rubber soled shoes, myself...but they seem to fit in well with your style and wardrobe...so i think you should order them... :flower:

I prefer my silver Prada sneakers best...I will post some pics soon :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orochian@Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:05 pm

i like the colour and they do remind me of your other shoes which you've posted...they definitely look comfy ...i'm not big on rubber soled shoes, myself...but they seem to fit in well with your style and wardrobe...so i think you should order them... :flower: [/b][/quote]
Thanks softgrey :wink:

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't a fan of rubber-soled sneakers not that long ago. I had been a strictly a loafers and dress shoes person - but then one day I got tired of looking twice my age (my friends, with their unrelenting jokes about my alleged "40-ish" wardrobe were also a source of motivation :cry: ) and thought, heck, if I don't start dressing down a bit and more age-appropriate while I'm young, very soon I'll be too old to attempt anything remotely funky or youthful.

And so begins my sneakers-and-hoodies stage, at least for the more mundane of days. I still enjoy dressing up when it's the right occasion, though.

Alejandro I'd love to see those sneakers you're talking about. I'm basically in search of a pair of silver/light grey shoes to go with a sweater with silver threads interwoven into the main yarn.

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 24th, 2004 - 5:34 pm

Alejandro I'd love to see those sneakers you're talking about. I'm basically in search of a pair of silver/light grey shoes to go with a sweater with silver threads interwoven into the main yarn.
I need to get my camera rollin' :lol:

you can do so much better with rossi, ALOT better!
if you're trying to match your sweater, i would rather go for something with thinner sole, in either silver or gold. i would do yasuhiro for puma, something like that.

I was expecting something a bit more over the top. These look a bit dull. Don't bite my head off, I think you could get much better ones. IMO, these look like hiking shoes sprayed silver. :neutral:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->