• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Sewing - #2

^Perfect, thanks! It was probably a silly question anyway but I really wasn't sure, haha.

It wasn't a dumb question at all, it feels weird when to alter something that much you don't have to do much!!

Concerning sewing patterns, have any of you ever come across patterns from any designers?
Someone posted a few patterns from Mcqueen from his Atlantis show, and recently I found a pattern from Carol Christian Poell
amq_001.jpg

chinsky.com
DSC00451.jpg

stylezeitgeist.com

I also have the SHOWStudio patterns from Yamamoto, Galliano, Mcqueen, ...

So do any of you have other patterns? I would really love to see some from Lanvin :blush:

Does anyone know any good places to get a good dressform from? I don't want one of those adjustable dressforms, I'm looking for more of the industry standard ones.

It can either be from online or in NYC.

I was wondering what kind of pattern magazines you buy?
that targets to a more younger and trendier target group... I like burda but I don't always like all the patterns....thank you!!

Does anyone know how these hidden buttons and hidden pockets were created? Are they simply steam pressed with the button and pocket underneath the self fabric?
00190m.jpg

(style.com)

That's interesting.

I don't think they are just pressed because the shape of the button wouldn't be so perfect. I may need to touch them to know for sure. It looks really cool.

it looks like they've constructed the coat and then right at the end put it on an industrial heat press like the big ones you get at uni of course with the coat unbuttoned because you can even see where the line of the lapels have pressed into the coat when its been laid flat and pressed, well thats my best guess as to how the buttons and lines on the coat are created.

it looks like they've constructed the coat and then right at the end put it on an industrial heat press like the big ones you get at uni of course with the coat unbuttoned because you can even see where the line of the lapels have pressed into the coat when its been laid flat and pressed, well thats my best guess as to how the buttons and lines on the coat are created.

It could have been pressed with the pleating system too..

I need help with this dress - can someone tell me how the fabric was cut/manipulated to with blend with the lace? I was told the process is called "encrusting the lace" - is a top stich done around the outline? Thanks for any help!

pic source: concreteloop.com

004.jpg
002.jpg

i should stop sewing :( i never wear what i do...

I need help with this dress - can someone tell me how the fabric was cut/manipulated to with blend with the lace? I was told the process is called "encrusting the lace" - is a top stich done around the outline? Thanks for any help!

pic source: concreteloop.com

The main panels of the dress would have to be cut to the shape of the lace as the lace is just counted as another pattern piece.
I am tempted to say that the black fabric is faced or lined and then the lace top-stitched onto it, but I am extremely doubtful as to whether that would be strong enough to keep the lace from ripping when one moved (in this case, opening one's legs), as the black seems to be jersey and the lace would not stretch with the jersey.
Otherwise I would not know how to do it and I have never heard of encrusting lace, sorry.

OK sorry if this seems dumb, I am a beginner, I am making my Mum an apron for christmas (keen baker, easy pattern!) but when do I put the bias binding on?

OK sorry if this seems dumb, I am a beginner, I am making my Mum an apron for christmas (keen baker, easy pattern!) but when do I put the bias binding on?

It depends, where is the binding?
e.g. if the binding is on the lip of the apron front pocket, you'd attach the binding before you attached the pocket to the apron.

my sister is pregnant. i want to sew something for the baby. like a blanket or something. has someone done this before?

just finished this one:

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back