Signé Chanel : Documentary on Haute Couture F/W 04.05

^^I know, haha. This doesnt really seem like a good thing. But House of Boateng is rockin, I didnt know who Ozwald was and now I love him! But Karl looks like a nasty little man. Not handsome and funny like Oz.

there was already a thread on this in the designers&collections section....

isn't it not so much a reality show but rather a documentary, in 5 parts?

mundodabolsa said:
isn't it not so much a reality show but rather a documentary, in 5 parts?

yes, it's a documentary, not reality show:flower:

Thanks for the merging! :heart:

I also started a thread awhile back not knowing that the BBC's "House of Chanel" was in fact the same thing as "Signé Chanel"! I'm thrilled to be finally able to watch this on Sundance as I had tried to get a copy from Colette and failed.

So far, I love it. I'm not the biggest Chanel/Karl fan but I love learning about the couture process. I just recently read "Christian Dior & I" (from 1957) and between the two I feel like becoming a French Couturier! Ha!

I just discovered this series for the first time a couple of days ago and I was very imppressed. :heart: I have always wanted to know more about the behind the scenes goings on at a fashion house, particularly the design process. I will definitely have a tape ready to record the episodes when they are rebroadcast. In case anyone missed any of them here is the upcoming schedule:

EPISODES

EPISODE 1: ANTICIPATION
NEXT SHOWING:
Sunday 10.15.06 at 04:00 PM
EPISODE 2: DOUBTS
NEXT SHOWING:
Sunday 10.15.06 at 04:30 PM
EPISODE 3: RITUALS
NEXT SHOWING:
Sunday 10.15.06 at 05:00 PM
EPISODE 4: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS
NEXT SHOWING:
Thursday 09.28.06 at 08:00 PM
EPISODE 5: THE COLLECTION
NEXT SHOWING:
Thursday 10.05.06 at 08:00 PM

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/?ixSeries=43

^Hey thanx for posting. I did enjoy the documentary but I miss the first 2 episode. Now I can watch it again.

:heart:

*cough* Youtube *cough* :innocent: (with english subtitles!)
Sorry for bringing up an old topic. I watched the first episode and I really liked it! Karl even took off his sunglasses at one point to sketch :lol:

The show successfully made me feel sorry for the ladies who work there. They are pretty much the vision and the entity of the whole design. Karl is there to complain and tell them no. They work in fear of him. EEEK!

I watched it on YouTube, also, and I fully enjoyed it! The whole thing is fascinating! I kind of want to work there now, even with the exacting boss...

there's a new BBC documentary called something like "the private club of haute couture" where the interviewed ladys who buy haute couture, and also filmed at chanel rue cambon office. there's also an interview with karl, and they show the creation of a couture dress (for FW06/07, i guessed).
I haven't found it on youtube yet, and unfortunately i don't know when they will show it again......(myself saw it couple of weeks ago)

I always missed it on BBC4, so thanks for telling us its on youtube :woot:

Episode 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 2

[Yt]8IOG8zresR4[/Yt]

[Yt]ctcVgtwXOK8[/Yt]

[Yt]tbTyMiQOPCY[/Yt]

[Yt]ZWX5NtN9s7k[/Yt]

Episode 5

[Yt]TL6ethtseQI[/Yt]

[Yt]zSxuYCWduT0[/Yt]

[Yt]_JjEOOw1LPU[/Yt]

[Yt]JB5dclgQnac[/Yt]

I have the seen the whole documentary about 3 times on BBC4 and I never get bored of it, the workmanship of those women in the ateliers are out of this world and you actually get to see a clip of Karl with his glasses of, some funny moments

^I think the part about the woman who makes the braid is the funniest part!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->