Singapore Shopping

^ Yes :(

If anyone knows if there's a new location, pls share!

I am off to Singapore in a week or so - any tips for non designer shopping?

I have been there a few times and only ever found orchard road and markets like the ones in little india.

From this thread I am thinking of checking out Haji Lane and Ann Siang Hill - anything else??

ooo.... and a little off topic but best espresso coffee would be really helpful too, won't get too far shopping without a decent coffee...

just a list of my personal favourite shopping places, I've been a Singapore-based fashion blogger for 5 five years... hope this will help you!

1) Bussorah Street (NEXT to the popular, touristy, overrated Haji Lane) has a lot of good shops. Must see the portion nearing Beach Road with cafes, check out Hide & Seek and World Savage a super awesome vintage shop. Also in the area - Maison Ikkoku @ 20 Kandahar Street, a really nice cafe, visit the shop on the third level, Actually + @118A Arab Street and Threadbare & Squirrel at 660 North Bridge Road (Bali Lane next to Haji Lane). If you are at Haji Lane, must-see Know.It.Nothing menswear shop.

2) Raffles Hotel (reachable via City Hall station). Check out shops like Front Row (Susie Bubble and many celebs goes there while in town), Surrender (Menswear), F.I.L. and Fly Now. Beside Raffles Hotel is Seah Street, head to 29A to check out Actually and 30A of Super Mama.

3) Super trendy/hipster Tiong Bahru area, first head to Yong Siak street where it all started. See Booksactually, Nana & Bird and Stranglets. Also see Two O Ri at 61 Seng Poh Lane, another cute multi-label boutique by Nana & Bird

4) There's nothing much at Ann Siang hill... maybe Little Drom Store at No.7 but not worth a trip there unless you want to check out the bars/restaurants there or Chinatown

- IN TOWN, means the famous Orchard Road -

5) Wheelock Place at Orchard Road has a lot of cool new shops popping up - Headline Seoul, SATURDAY and many more

6) Orchard Central for Blackmarket (one of the most well known multi-label boutique stores in Singapore and the region), some of the best local brands like Reckless Ericka and Elohim. Dean & Deluca is also there.

7) Mandarin Gallery for local label Hansel, JNBY, Inhabit and Ambush (both are cool a** multi-label boutiques)

8) Wisma Atria to check out W.E. Workshop Element - 19 brands and 16 designers in a huge Pop up shop

- End of town recommendations -

9) Parco next NEXT at Parco Marina Bay level 2 is where the local fashion incubator located. There are some cool new designers there you can check out...

10) Level three of Cineleisure Orchard, must-see multi-label boutiques Rockstar by Soon Lee

11) Another awesome multi-label boutique - Little Man at 7C Binjai Park.

12) Dempsey Hill - a lot of cool cafes and shops

13) Best time to come singapore if you're all in for shopping - May to June. May is when the Asia Fashion Exchange happens that's the most important and biggest fashion event, you can score tickets to shows or shop at the trade shows/exhibitions. June is when the Great Singapore Sale starts.

14) If you like those BIG, luxury brands go to Marina Bay Sands, Hilton Shopping Gallery (they have Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip, Stella McCartney, Marni etc), Paragon.

15) Topshop here is amazing, best stores are at Knightsbridge and ION. Other high-street labels: Forever 21, H&M, Cotton On, Zara, GAP, Uniqlo, MUJI etc.

16) Good coffee places: 40 Hands at Yong Siak Street @ Tiong Bahru, Loysel's Toy @ Kampung Bugis, Telok Ayer Street @CBD there's Sophie Bakery/Naked Coffee/Muffinry/Sarnies, Cafe Melba @ 90 Goodman Road, Stranger's Reunion @ 37 Kampung Bahru Road, Coastal Settlement @ Netheravon Road ... actually there're a lot of hipster cafes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bszzl
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->