• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Slouchy Everything F/W 06.07

Well I dont know if I really like the slouchy pants idea, but I guess I will have to try them on to see... besides that, I love this idea for tops and cardigans!! I :heart: cardigans!! :smile:

oh, and for purses.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Absolutely, larichg...

But I think this is a shift of focus from tight to voluminous for seasons to come, and not a short-lived trend. And there are lots of people who don't mind wearing last season, or several seasons old, or decades old... You combine old stuff in new ways, that's part of what makes you stylish. Buying the latest stuff will make you "fashionable", but stylish is more interesting...

And whatever the focus is, there are always alternatives. And you can always pick and choose, mix and match the way you like it...

fashionpolice_ said:
hasn't this trend been around for some time now? with the all the maternity tops and oversized cardis

that is what i was thinking....
i was like....
tired of the skinny trend?...what skinny trend?...:unsure:...
maybe in menswear...but not in womenswear..
in womenswear volume has been happening for several seasons now...
nothing 'new' about it as far as i am concerned...
(the only skinny thing i have seen is jeans-and i don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon...)

as far as volume all over...
i agree with most people that it is strictly a runway look...
in real life-one needs to balance skinny w/slouchy in order to make it work...
and avoid looking lilke a bag lady or potato sack...

**i think the sheep will try to wear this look head to toe and they are the real victims who will look back and say -
:doh:....what was i thinking..?!?...:wacko:...

:innocent:...

larichg said:
I do agree seeing people 'trying to hard' and being waaay over scheduel (I don't know if I write that correctly:P) is frustrating, but then again, not everyone got the money to buy clothes every month, so I think it would be be nice to let people wear what they like, eventhough it may look terrible in your opinion:flower:

Very well said Larichg! That's what style should be about, being true to yourself, no matter what trend is making it big! :wink:

Now back on topic!

Agreeing with Tott on the slouchy trend going to be around for a while... This has been going on for SEASONS AND SEASONS now... I am pretty sure designers will be playing it safe next season by continuing with this trend.

^^I dunno Soft.....I'm thinking with the right accessories and and pieces, baggy all over *could* work. It's a hard one to call. I myself don't really own heaps of slouchy clothing and to play on the safe side would pair them with more fitted things. But I'll definitely play around with the idea of baggy all over - it's like the final frontier! :lol:

susie you are one of the few people who can do it...
because of your height and body type...
soi definitely support that and look forward to seeing the results in what are you wearing..
:heart:

for me...it is actually not a frontier at all....
cause i did this the first time around in 1986...:P...
i used to have a HUGE blk/wht houndstooth suit--
baggy trousers...oversized boxy jkt...
i even wore the blk felt hat and pointy toe oxfords with it...

i am probably going to have to come up with my own variation this time around...since i hate to repeat myself...
:wink:...

i am thinking baggy/slouchy cropped men's trousers...:innocent:...

karma for larichg and tott...

:kiss:...

I absolutely :heart: loose tailored pants.

For my part, this look is only going to work for a select few who stay away from frumpy styles, and go for the sleek look. At the moment, I'm loving my deep v-neck azure jumper which is slouchy. Wear it with a singlet and jeans.

missing credits

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best way to do it, is not doing an all-over slouchy look at the same time (which can be very unflattering and too much).... mixing a slouchy top with regular pants can be much better.... and I think slouchy clothings balance out very well with the "new" sky high chunky platforms.... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->