• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Sofia Coppola to guest-edit US VOGUE

Zoolander

Reaction score
Will Sofia guest-edit for Anna?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

(NEW YORK) Carine Roitfeld may be rumored to be taking Glenda Bailey’s top position at Harper’s Bazaar, and now it looks like Anna Wintour might be drawing inspiration from the French Vogue editor as well. According to sources at several rival magazines that have been lobbying to photograph Kirsten Dunst for their fall issues—ideally September and October to coincide with the Oct. 13 release of Marie Antoinette—publicists for the actress have been holding out for Vogue. What’s more interesting is that sources are saying Wintour is said to be asking director Sofia Coppola to guest edit the issue. Sound familiar? That’s because Coppola edited the December/January issue of French Vogue in 2004. A Vogue spokesman said he could not comment, and a representative for Dunst did not return calls.

[Source]

Will Sofia guest-edit for Anna?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

(NEW YORK) Carine Roitfeld may be rumored to be taking Glenda Bailey’s top position at Harper’s Bazaar, and now it looks like Anna Wintour might be drawing inspiration from the French Vogue editor as well. According to sources at several rival magazines that have been lobbying to photograph Kirsten Dunst for their fall issues—ideally September and October to coincide with the Oct. 13 release of Marie Antoinette—publicists for the actress have been holding out for Vogue. What’s more interesting is that sources are saying Wintour is said to be asking director Sofia Coppola to guest edit the issue. Sound familiar? That’s because Coppola edited the December/January issue of French Vogue in 2004. A Vogue spokesman said he could not comment, and a representative for Dunst did not return calls.

[Source]

that would be amazing, but i doubt anna would give her any real power, just the title

I think it's a good choice. She will bring some edge to the magazine. Vogue is often a bit stiff-y and elitist.

I'm more interested in the - Carine Roitfeld may be rumored to be taking Glenda Bailey’s top position at Harper’s Bazaar - part.:shock: :huh:

Has anyone else heard about this? I hate being out of the loop. If anyone has any details please share.

The last few issues of Harp B has been quite good better than Vogue so I would have thought Glenda was doing something right.:unsure:

^They've posted about it in the Carine Roitfeld thread

Has she ever?

I don't think this is true ---I read it first from Livejournal community i_heart_sofia, but I didn't take it too seriously. Now when I see it here I'm starting to get confused.

It would be interesting and positive if she would, she did great job with Vogue Paris. And there was nothing wrong with Vogue Paris in the first place.

I just have a disgusting feeling that if Sofia Coppola edits it, she'll (with the release of Marie Antoinette) become something uber-popular ... And she'll be the "hippest thing"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petite
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->