• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Supreme Models - A Vogue Documentary

Episode 3:

Incredible series, only wish it were presented with a bigger budget maybe? More stylized-- can u imagine if pat did each models makeup, jawara did their hair, styled by edward wearing black designers-- the casting could have been better, why no alek, tyra, naomi?? I wish ALT would have been alive to put his hands into this. The interview lighting + coloring could have been stronger too.
Malaika Firth
Grace Mahary
Grace Bol
Juanel Mckenzie
Yasmine Warsame
Beverley Peel
would have been fabulous additions..

I've been waiting for all six parts to come out so I could sit down and watch the whole thing straight through... I like the way each episode is loosely based around a different decade, with lots of vintage footage, and memories from those who were there - and it also addresses that moment in fashion where progress seemed to evaporate, where you went from the momentum of the 80s and early 90s, to the whitewashing that went on for the years that followed.

I've been waiting for all six parts to come out so I could sit down and watch the whole thing straight through... I like the way each episode is loosely based around a different decade, with lots of vintage footage, and memories from those who were there - and it also addresses that moment in fashion where progress seemed to evaporate, where you went from the momentum of the 80s and early 90s, to the whitewashing that went on for the years that followed.
I thought it was very interesting but a bit uneven. Quite a few factual errors that I will not get into. Having been a fashion model during the 70s and 80s, it was odd seeing slight revisions to moments I witnessed with my own eyes. What does bother me is that many people will not go back and do the research to fill in the many gaps and revisions made in the documentary.

I thought it was very interesting but a bit uneven. Quite a few factual errors that I will not get into. Having been a fashion model during the 70s and 80s, it was odd seeing slight revisions to moments I witnessed with my own eyes. What does bother me is that many people will not go back and do the research to fill in the many gaps and revisions made in the documentary.

As a complete magazine junkies of the 70s & 80s ~ I have read all your crumbs & I think I have guessed who you are :brows::heart:

I did notice that they - at least once - displayed a magazine cover that didn't exist, they had used a fan-made cover plucked from the internet without questioning the provenance. It's reflective of the wider world of internet media, where the aim is to get your message out, even if aspects such as accuracy and balance lag behind. As long as the message connects on an instant level - taken at face value - then it's viewed as a success.

I did notice that they - at least once - displayed a magazine cover that didn't exist, they had used a fan-made cover plucked from the internet without questioning the provenance. It's reflective of the wider world of internet media, where the aim is to get your message out, even if aspects such as accuracy and balance lag behind. As long as the message connects on an instant level - taken at face value - then it's viewed as a success.
They even gave that cover an entire backstory that didn’t even exist, which is odd. Don’t get me started on how they made Bethan Hardison seem as if she had a successful top modeling career in the 70’s. That’s quite the exaggeration, yet they somehow manage to only give a very brief mention to the true black superstar model of the 70’s and no interview. Very odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->