Yulia Gorbachenko
Styling: Sandy Armeni
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-up: Frank B.
Model: Taylor Hill

giphy.webp

yuliagorbachenko.com; giphy

CR Fashionbook - Taylor Hill Takes On Valentino’s Logomani
THE SUPERMODEL TRIES OUT VALENTINO'S FIRST-EVER "VLOGO" MONOGRAM COLLECTION.
by Andy Harrington
Styled by Javier De Pardo
Makeup by Miggs
Hair by Erol Karadağ
BY VIENNA VERNOSE DECEMBER 29, 2022
(source : crfashionbook.com/taylor-hill-takes-on-valentinos-logomania/)

"It’s a sun-drenched Monday morning in New York City’s Garment District and supermodel Taylor Hill is being fitted for a fringy chin-length black bob with baby bangs that lands somewhere between Audrey Tautou in Amélie and ‘90s-era Linda Evangelista.
It’s a delightfully-edgy contrast from Hill’s signature cushioned lips, radiant visage, and fluffy eyebrows that first skyrocketed her to global superstardom in the 2010s. Snips of jet black hair clippings flutter down onto her shoulder like bursts of confetti as her striking blue eyes graze over the mirror in examination of the temporary look. Today, she says she’s “feeling good” in a soft tone of profound composure, which is not surprising, considering the 26-year-old supermodel has been commanding the camera since her early tweens.
When Hill turned 14, her life changed forever after being discovered on a ranch in her native Colorado. With some luck and a natural aptitude for being in front of the camera lens, Hill was almost immediately signed to IMG Worldwide, joining the preeminent modeling agency’s roster of legendary talents. The following year, Hill walked her first set of fashion shows during Fashion Month and proceeded forward, inking dozens of international campaigns and high-profile runway appearances. While the average 16-year-old American was getting their driver’s license, Hill was walking her first Haute Couture runway in Paris.
“Once I started modeling, it was cool to have close friends in my school that were supportive and really proud of me. Because, I’m just nerdy little Taylor,” she says. As Hill grew in age, so did the number of paparazzi waiting outside the stage door to catch her running from show to show. “It didn’t really feel like work in a weird way,” she says. “I was like, ‘I get to miss school for this?’” Still, her mother, Jennifer, accompanied her at work as a watchful eye and kept busy reading books while behind the scenes. “I work with photographers who worked with me back then, and to this day, they’re like, ‘how’s your mom?’”
Hill’s developing professionalism exposed her to an early sense of maturity which enabled her to grasp the reins of the fashion industry firmly, despite her young age. “I was very shy when I first started,” says Hill. “I was really lucky that a lot of people who I worked with understood my age and where I was at.” However, Hill lived a unique experience playing out her own coming-of-age-story in front of the camera and on the runway as she matured. “As I grew, so did my confidence, social skills, and abilities,” she says.
Diving head-first into the modeling industry also meant learning to grapple with the hardships of it, particularly, professional rejection at a young age. “It’s really hard. It’s easy to say don’t take it personally, but it’s another thing to actually do that,” says Hill. “Even though rejection feels personal in this industry, it’s really not, you really have to work towards realizing that otherwise.” It’s easy to overlook the positives of rejection, but Hill used it as a powerful method of growth and development. “When one door closes, many more will open, so always keep looking forward,” she says.
Over a decade and 21 million Instagram followers later, Hill has secured her fast and furious rise to the top as one of the world’s most-recognized supermodels. She has since spanned her work into film and television, scoring a cameo in the 2022 film Babylon starring Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, and Tobey McGuire. Hill has come a long way from her early beginnings, to say the least. But at heart, she’s the same outdoorsy Coloradoan girl who grew up hiking trails pre-catwalking. “They’re core memories for me, going home is such a special time and place for me, and I love going there to see my family,” she says. “Having those roots in my life is really helpful, just because I travel so much, it can be very inconsistent.”
Recently, Hill has been cultivating her own roots. In 2021, she purchased her first home, a charming log cabin sanctuary in Nashville, and got engaged to her partner Daniel Fryer (Hill is figuring out wedding plans “day by day,” so stay tuned). “The simpler, the better,” is Hill’s ethos to live by—even for her outfit of choice these days: a soft T-shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers.
Growing up with the fashion world on her pulse, Hill has lived a thousand lives since her start 12 years ago. Her effortless comfort and ability to shapeshift for global brands is a product of perseverance having navigated through the crowded fashion industry all before finishing high school. “If you work hard and really love what you do, then you’ll get to where you want to go,” she says. With the experience under her belt today, if she could talk to that same girl, she would say: “you did it.”

PFW SS23 Street Style Days 7 & 8
Photographer: Melodie Jeng
source: models.com

1798016-800w.jpg

LVR Magazine Spring 23
Photo : Kat Irlin
Styling : Kate Davidson Hudson
Hair : Bridget Brager
Makeup : Cedric Jolivet
(official site)

Emporio Armani Accessories
by Thue Nørgaard