• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards

So because you heard it was overrated, that must mean it is?

I'm a big Alexander Payne fan, looking forward to this even if I do find Clooney rather dull at times.

I do need to see it before I judge, but I just think there are much better films in that category. The Descendants just doesn't look like anything "new." I feel like there have been many other films like it, but again...I'll see it before I judge it officially.

Fassbender is so cute in that GIF! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical Hollywood awards events. A couple of real stunner and then a countless number of boring/predictable/stale.

Top Seven Best Dressed (in alphabetical order) - I was going to do Top Ten, but couldn't find enough looks to put in the top ten, lol.

Claire Danes in J. Mendel
Claire+Danes+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+1Bqjwke5YP0l.jpg

She's one of those actresses that is usually too boring for me to notice, but once in a while she strikes gold. This is one of those latter times. She looks very chic. Love that black detailing on the waist and shoulders.

Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace
Angelina+Jolie+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+t_R6HZUifxUl.jpg

Her style choices are usually good enough to put me to sleep, but she looked flawless here (aside from those tats on the back). Very clean, sophisticated and striking look. Love the red shoulder detail.

Diane Lane
Diane+Lane+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+QkC3-oH83EAl.jpg

She has not looked this good in a very long time. But this is flawless. This dress could have easily looked tacky and cheap, but Diane makes it look so expansive and sophisticated. The hair/makeup are perfect.

Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci
Rooney+Mara+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+egz1OkmVqNGl.jpg

I'm not as big a fan of her goth style transformation that she's been sporting this season, but this was quite a striking and yet pretty look. Black gowns are as predictable as booze at these events, but this one is a nice take at the old formula.

Julianne Moore in Chanel
Julianne+Moore+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+VLO8C3VXcMzl.jpg

She looked glorious when she came out to present the award. That dress is quite tricky, with those petals on the hips, but Julianne worked it. Loved the hair and makeup as well.

Octavia Spencer
Octavia+Spencer+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+UFqI3gITyPAl.jpg

I'm not one of those people who acts as if it's a cause for celebration just because a plus-size woman steps out on the red carpet. But you can't deny this look. Octavia looks amazing. Love that color against her skin.

Emma Stone in Lanvin
Emma+Stone+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+GzrbcWAxW1zl.jpg

This is the most gorgeous color you can imagine and it looks surprisingly good against her skin/hair. I'm also really liking those metallic embellishments, gives it an almost army/warrior feel.

My Best Dressed: :smile:

Angelina Jolie

Charlize Theron
Charlize+Theron+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+BIg7xdWUs4zl.jpg

Viola Davis
Viola+Davis+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+fiZC_a0Icbdl.jpg

Claire Danes
Claire+Danes+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+-1mu8gCFMB5l.jpg

Dianna Agron

Jessica Alba
Jessica+Alba+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+bs8ElKEp1rXl.jpg

Tilda Swinton
69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+Arrivals+MA-sjVHzu8Yl.jpg

Nicole Kidman
Nicole+Kidman+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+Wo371udfFQOl.jpg

Paula Patton (I will try to ignore her awkwardness)
Paula+Patton+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+N6CnnkSlD2Jl.jpg

zimbio

I can't remember if it was mentioned but Kate Winslet was wearing Jenny Packham.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me Angelina Jolie's dress is pretty darn awful. In fact, I actually hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->