The All Milan Menswear Fashion Week S/S 07

Royal-Galliano

völlig losgelöst
Reaction score
I hope it's okay to start this thread...^_^

...post your opinions of the Milan Menswear fashion week for S/S 07 season...

...your favourites, your disgusts!... :wink:

DISCUSS! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually liked Dolce&Gabbana :ninja: - not all of it, but i thought some of the stuff was my style...
burberry was burberry really, i enjoyed that very much

i also liked marni, prada and moschino!

i wasnt pleased with versace and gucci though...i feel they could have been improved alot, i cant wait to see what paris brings for us though :woot:

Alexander McQueen, Prada, and Burberry where the only shows worth looking at.

Yays:
Versace
Alessandro Dell'Acqua
Ginafranco Ferre

Runner-up:
Jil Sander

Boos:
D&G

Attachments

• versaceuomos07capta4bf3f854d0a450d8baddba8c8cba5f2.jpg
    versaceuomos07capta4bf3f854d0a450d8baddba8c8cba5f2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1
  • dellacquaus07.jpg
    dellacquaus07.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ferrmwss0702919ta.jpg
    ferrmwss0702919ta.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
  • sanders07.jpg
    sanders07.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2
  • d&gus07.jpg
    d&gus07.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 3
I was pretty happy with Versace for the most part. I thought there were some nice colors and there was such an ease to the clothes that appealed to me. I also liked Burberry and the styling of it as well as Missoni with the cool, classic look. I loved the footwear of Prada! :heart:

I was so disappointed in Gucci and I kind of knew I would be since Frida is in place there.

Dolce & Gabbana had some nice things in the show but it was sort of a hit-and-miss collection. Most likely it could possibly translate well into real life. ^_^

oh yeah, giorgio armani, because...(this is stupid) but i love the backgrounds they showed behind the runway.

JR1 said:
oh yeah, giorgio armani, because...(this is stupid) but i love the backgrounds they showed behind the runway.

Don't feel bad, some runways do it for me as well. :lol: ^_^

Burberry, Prada and Alexander McQueen. Those were the only ones I really cared for and the only ones I would even plan on buying.

I loved Prada (especially that coloury stuff) & Burberry, liked dreamy Antonio Marras... Fendi was pretty good! Alexander McQueen not bad! ^_^ I also liked Neil Barrett & J Lindeberg... A few pieces of Miu Miu cought my eye!

On the other hand, Dolce & Gabbana little disappointed me... :( I ignore Gucci & Versace, they mean nothing to me... :yuk: D&G, Calvin Klein, DSquared2 - :ninja:... and the rest... I don't care... :rolleyes: Generally too hunky on my taste... :yuk:

Alexander McQueen was a very beautiful, romantic collection which certainly connects to my personal life and passion for fashion. There were not very much collections that could win my attention, but next to McQueen I think Fendi makes a nice second place and Burberry is leaving with the bronze medal.

most houses showing this past week continued with dialogue long since established i.e.-klein, d&g, gucci's ford retreads(why can john ray for this??!!), armani:innocent:, dsquared(a step back, no?), even prada(think late 90s techno with 80s pop art colours). therefore it truly was a task to glean greatness much lesss create a top five. here's my top 3....4 under extreme duress:

westwood(best in show)
prorsum
miu miu(love those drawstring narrow trousers!)

a begrudging nod to morello

it also seems as if ocean-cum-electric blue is the hot new colour as chosen by the secret society of milan's fashion cognoscenti.

can't wait for the big boys next week!

My faves so far are Burberry and McQueen.

I really like some aspects of the Morello line too.

Im leaning towards Miu Miu more than Prada......but not completely sold.

D&G and DSquared are probably on the bottom for me.

McQueen, Burberry and Marros were my favorites :flower:

The rest I wasn't thrilled by and I wasn't digging the beefcake models either :innocent:

Thumbs Up
Bottega Veneta-Very young for such a big luxury brand. I like the direction it's going, but not the colors.
Burberry Prorsum-Just wonderful. Great styling, clothes, Baggy pants, sparkling cardigans. What isn't great about it!?
Dsquared-Well, obviously I'm kidding.
Gucci-I really like how a house is finally letting the men's and women's line have the same aesthetic. And that John Ray's gone. Thank god.
Prada-Okay, maybe the short shorts are not for me, and it's a little too futuristic, but the patent leather coats and one oversized tee shirt won me over. BIG STAR FOR LOVELY
Wiggling Sideways Thumbs
Jil Sander-It seems the fashion "world" (TFS) is divided on this one, so I'll stay safe and just wait to make a real decision until I see the clothes in person.
Marni-It'd be thumbs down if it wasn't Marni. So I'll give it a chance.
Missoni-Pretty patterns but nothing new.
Miu Miu-Just boring. I really hate plain suiting (I'm 15, so I have no reason to like it), and Miu Miu has never wowed me before.
Versace-It's so nice that everything isn't skin tight! Everything looks pretty good...for Versace. STAR FOR BIGGEST CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
Thumbs Down
Alexander McQueen-For whatever reason, I don't care for McQueen's menswear. I love his ready-to-wear though.
Calvin Klein-Tights? Tights? TIGHTS!?
D&G-Haha.
Dolce & Gabbana-I'm sure half the designer clothes wearing male population will wear everything from the line, but it's just boring. I really dislike it.
Dsquared-Pure homoerotic show=No one will take them seriously. And actually looking at the clothing makes it worse.
Emporio Armani-Boring. STAR FOR LEAST INNOVATION
Giorgio Armani-Dumb. (Haha. I just called Armani "dumb") Seriously though, he needs to stop now. There is no innovation in his collections. I'm sure no one would notice if he started to just use old pieces from his line and pass it off as brand new.
Roberto Cavalli-It's the same as last season. Nothing new whatsoever.
Valentino-Who was this supposed to be marketed to? Where's the fine eveningwear kind of clothing?

(That was kind of long-ish, wasn't it?)

1st: McQueen
2nd: Prada
3rd: Westwood

Also: Burberry and Miu Miu

Not: DSquared, Dolce and Gucci

thank you

juice major said:
1st: McQueen
2nd: Prada
3rd: Westwood

Also: Burberry and Miu Miu

Not: DSquared, Dolce and Gucci
I think I vote for your chart .. I like this one

djork said:
costume national was disappointing.
Yeah...I was agog...:ninja:

I just browsed whole Fendi collection... and it's AMAZING! One of the best I've seen! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->