The All-Things 'Pantyhose & Tights' Thread

I love love sheer black tights.
But for I loathe any sort of nude, skin coloured sheer tights, ugh, it's Beyoncé legs.

I hate sheer stockings but I do wear them... otherwise my thighs rub and chafe, so I'd rather wear them and have my legs look orange than be uncomfortable. I like black opaques and colourful and patterned tights, however.

For those with similar orange issues, I found something both pale and cheap enough: the "London" from H&M.

I wear sheer black tights and my fave have been Givenchy Essentials. I also like Tabio - their heart print ones are so cute.

Tabio.co.uk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 12.08.53.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 12.08.53.png
    303.9 KB · Views: 5
I only wear sheer stockings for weddings and stuff like that. I don't understand why anyone (except if it is your dress code) would wear them. I saw a girl in torn denim mini shorts today in town. She was very casually dressed, and she had on sheer stockings (but not so sheer I couldn't tell...) and flats. Not keen on that look. She probably wore them to stay warm in the fall weather, but it looks pretty ridiculous. When you look cold, and it is cold, you look a bit oddly dresses when you seemingly have nude legs...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Well, personally, my thighs rub uncomfortably against each other... so I'd rather have pantyhose on than chafe my inner thighs and find walking painful!

^I get that. I probably should have mentioned that she was wearing sheer stockings that matched her natural skin tone. Wearing sheer stockings that are visible is one thing, but when you at first glance seem to be wearing nothing but hotpants, it looks a bit silly. I was wearing layers of wool and my winter boots, and I was freezing! When I left my house there was ice on the ground, and we have had hail storms this month. Bare legs looked out of place. She could have worn opaques, or black tights.

I remember a guy at my school made a stepping stool with a hidden metallic structure. This mean that it could be very delicate and still hold a mans weight. He didn't get the best review/grade, because it did not look like it would hold a mans weight, i.e. it would not sell easily, because the consumers wouldn't trust the product at first sight. The girl on the street did not look like she was appropriately dressed considering the weather. She looked like she forgot to check her calender or the weather report, thats all.

If someone wears a skirt in September here, they most likely work in an office, so of course I wouldn't think it a faux pas if they wore nude, sheer stockings:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I steal my wife's tights to wear on my motorcycle in winter. I must say that I prefer black to any other colour, as it feels a bit more manly. Perhaps I am a bit repressed.

Reactions: KoV
if you cut up pantyhose/tights/socks they make rings that are really good for weaving potholders...

what>?

it says "everything"...

:innocent:...

:D...:wink:...

I could do with some really nice embellished tights (RIP Bebaroque T_T)

My favourite ones I currently own are a pink pair from Meadham Kirchhoff that were in their last show, they're actually individual thigh high socks but on me they're so long they cover my entire inseam, and you can choose whether to wear them that way or let them down to be loose and a little scrunchy.

My name is Agatha, and I've been reading this forum for some time. All I can say is that the content is great and the people are kind and helpful.

I don't know if you're anything like me, but I like to wear pantyhose, as long as they are of good quality. My peers don't do this, not as much at least, so I wonder if maybe other people on the forum would share my view. Wearing quality pantyhose often translates to comfort during the day, and good look on the leg.

When wearing skirts of all lengths, I often put some kind of pantyhose or tights, not only for warmth but also for a finished look and the sense of elegance they give me. I just feel better that way, except when I would wear a cheap brand, which I now avoid, as in the end I think it's generally a waste of money.

When wearing dress pants, I generally have 3 options, to go bare-legged underneath, or wear socks which is generally a comfortable experience, to wear cheap pantyhose - yuck! they cling so much! - or to wear good quality pantyhose, which not only will ensure the I have comfort and freedom of movement, but also give me a sense of elegance, even though my legs won't be showing.

I realized that I wear pantyhose quite a bit more than my peers, especially I think with pants, but I like it.

What do you think? Is there anyone else out there that shares my opinion? I hope there's more of us like that.

Cheers,
Agatha
Hi. I agree. Get what you pay for mostly. Under pants I have 1 option, activeskin A677 mens pantyhose with fly, they glide very well under jeans too. And comfortable! My girlfriend gets A577 without fly obviously, but same style. We get other brands too, I look for mens but also unisex and gender neutral. A very good brand that is small and new are excellent! Soni panda x. Can search for site or channels on YouTube. She says gender neutral. We bought 15 denier seamless tights with no gusset, not crotchless just no seam. Was expensive even shipping but worth it. Feel amazing, have to wear 24/7 for medical reasons so cheap crap is a waste lol. Girlfriend and I rotate older or damaged pantyhose out for sleep. Some women are understanding more that more men wear pantyhose, just hide under pants or have a stash. Men's pantyhose brands are expanding and women's sales are down. That's why a lot of high end pantyhose have unisex or gender neutral in description. Lowest we go is sillies when get a great deal, and most of their customers are men, havnt heard from them in a while?

I'm finding i prefer holdups to actual gusseted tights these days (got an AP pair from a discount outlet, the Pegasus holdups, for all of 7 quid). And preferably opaque but I can work with a nice lace or fishnet.

Got some nice black fishnet holdups.....can't wait to take them out for NYE. Though opaques might be warmer since the rest of my outfit is rather sheer/light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores del Rio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->