• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The MAC Makeup Thread #2

I think the Pink Swoon is PERFECT for everyday look! It def. not too "drastic" (at least not for me). I like to use it with the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, and it doesn't look too pink even then. (I have very fair skin, though)

Which foundation do you think is better?
The Studio Fix Powder + Foundation or the Mineralize Foundation SPF15 ?
Was at the MAC counter today, but I'm still not sure...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pink swoon is the blush I use most often, and I really dont think its dramatic at all. However, I have heard from several people that they think the color looks "crazy", but i think it depends on how much you use and how you use it. In my opinion, it is the perfect everyday blush. :smile:

I love Pink Swoon, it's my favourite summer blush. I am very very pale, and I press it into my cheeks with a flat topped blush brush and it looks really rosy like a natural summery flush. I don't get it when MA's are anti something slightly strong. If you had chosen azalea then fair enough, but not pink swoon!

Oh, and I went CRAZY on the Art Supplies collection, bought a load of the greasepaint sticks, which are much better quality than the style black release one, and I bought a ton of the lip stains, which are amazing. AMAZING!

I love their Cyber lipstick.

A very gorgeous dark eggplant purple.

I am still fairly unfamiliar with MAC makeup as a whole... Rarely have I purchased "expensive" makeup (save for my High Beam or Nars Orgasm), but I'm wanting a few "key" pieces in my makeup wardrobe. :smile:

I want a fantastic, light peach lipstick. Does anybody here use MAC's Colour me Coral or Cherish?

mac is amazing at everything except coral shades in my opinion..I've bought the cherish lipstick and it comes off really muddy, doesn't have a light peach undertone at all..and I think that it's been discussed here or at makeupalley that mac doesn't use peach or coral undertones in their lipsticks or at least it doesn't appear like they do.. (and btw the best light peach shade I've ever used is the gladiola shade of stila convertible color, for lips and cheeks :flower:)

^ Interesting info... I'll keep that in mind... thanks. :smile:

I was looking at getting either a Greasepaint stick or Shadestick - to use as an eyeliner - but I'm having trouble deciding. Has anyone used either of them?

I should probably go in store and try them first but I hate hate hate MAC stores

I stopped by a MAC store today, and a very friendly MUA did my face with MAC's face and body foundation in N1. I was kind of disappointed, because it was rather thick, it didn't dry properly and felt quite sticky... Is this normal? :unsure: I'm not sure about the colour, it looked nice in the store, but once home I had a feeling it was slightly too dark..
Could it have to do anything with the SA applying it quite thick? Is it more sheer when just one layer is applied? Maybe this sounds stupid, but when I tried it on my hand it seemed quite sheer, and when applied on my face it was full coverage.:cry:

^It is def not full coverage. I have it in N1, and even though it's slightly too dark for me, it blends into my skin perfectly, leaving no lines. I can't feel that I have it on, I love it! It never dries completely on me, which is why I like it (My skin is quite patchy and dry sometimes). I have no idea what that MUA did to your face.

^It is def not full coverage. I have it in N1, and even though it's slightly too dark for me, it blends into my skin perfectly, leaving no lines. I can't feel that I have it on, I love it! It never dries completely on me, which is why I like it (My skin is quite patchy and dry sometimes). I have no idea what that MUA did to your face.

:lol: Me neither. I didn't understand it, since I already saw so many positive reviews about it. I think she just applied it too thick. It felt like I had sooo much make up on. Maybe it felt strange because it didn't dry completely. I have oily skin, and I hate it whenever I feel something on my skin (like, oil :lol:) This didn't feel oily though, but moist, almost sticky. I guess I'm not used to this type of foundation. But you seem to love it, and I really want to love it too. :lol::rolleyes: I'll give it another try...

^It really is sticky, even though it's oil-free... But a lot of people with oily skin do not like this foundation, and I can totally understand that! It's supposed to give you a natural dewy glow, and it does...but maybe more than some like :lol:

BTW I usually apply it with my hands. I just slap it on, because it doesn't need much blending. It looks so natural! If I want a bit more coverage, I buff it in with the 109 brush. I never use a foundation brush with Face&Body because it's so runny that application gets streaky. I think you could use a wet sponge as well, that would look super natural, and it would be quite sheer.

I REALLY want the Instant Chic blush from the Pret a Papier-collection! Everybody seems to love it, it's an universally flattering peachy-pink sheertone blush (so it's noy heavily pigmented). It looks fab on all skintones, or so they say :D

review_pretapapier011.jpg

review_pretapapier012.jpg

Instant Chic on the right. Temptalia.com

Pret A Papier is launching May 15th in Europe, but I'm away that weekend, so hopefully my BF will pick it up for me. :D

BTW I usually apply it with my hands. I just slap it on, because it doesn't need much blending. It looks so natural! If I want a bit more coverage, I buff it in with the 109 brush. I never use a foundation brush with Face&Body because it's so runny that application gets streaky. I think you could use a wet sponge as well, that would look super natural, and it would be quite sheer.

The brush she used was a 188 if I remember correctly...
I don't like the sticky feel of F&B, but I agree it looks good on my cheeks. I think I'm going to buy it, and apply it with a wet sponge as you suggested, to make it more sheer. And I have actually a very oily t-zone, but normal/dry cheeks, so I can use another foundation on my nose/forehead.
Thank you Ida. You've been very helpful! :flower:

^You don't need to use another foundation on your oily areas, just lightly powder over them instead (and leave the rest). Look delicious!

Yeah, it can look and feel a bit heavy with the 188 or 187. Don't really like those two brushes for foundation these days (but who knows, I'll probably change my mind at some point :lol:)

I REALLY want the Instant Chic blush from the Pret a Papier-collection! Everybody seems to love it, it's an universally flattering peachy-pink sheertone blush (so it's noy heavily pigmented). It looks fab on all skintones, or so they say :D

This looks really pretty... I will definitely be checking it out myself! :innocent:

The brush she used was a 188 if I remember correctly...
I don't like the sticky feel of F&B, but I agree it looks good on my cheeks. I think I'm going to buy it, and apply it with a wet sponge as you suggested, to make it more sheer. And I have actually a very oily t-zone, but normal/dry cheeks, so I can use another foundation on my nose/forehead.
Thank you Ida. You've been very helpful! :flower:

don't buy it if it's no right for your skin but you should definitely give it another go. i don't think f&b is very good for anyone with an oily tzone. it applies sheer straight from the bottle and a wet sponge would actually cause streaks. not to mention the sponge would absorb a lot of the product. fingers are the best for this foundation. good luck.:flower:

^Well, the sponge is wet in order to not soak up too much product :lol: And if it streaks, then you're not doing it properly (or the sponge isn't wet enough).

But def. beware of F&B if you have a very oily t-zone.

That looks like a pretty perfect blush colour! I may also have to check it out! I have been searching for the perfect blush my entire life - NARS orgasm is as close as ive come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tundrator
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->