The Makeup Help and Tips Thread

DivaDiana

Reaction score
Ok...what kind of makeup would you use if you were me......i have some acne scars which are going away because of a new product i found....um i have light skin but not like porcelain white....i always have the same makeup on! mac lipglass stain in ghetto flower or clinique clear lipgloss, great lash mascara in black, clinique foundation (not as often because my skin is getting clearer) and random blush......i just want a better look for my self thats age appropriate and maybe a little edgy....but a "natural edgy" if you know what i mean.........i have dark brown hair with caramel highlights and a few blond ones and dark brows which are not too thick and not too thin (im afriad to dye them because it will like silly when it grows back in!)

Any tips?

PS I like MAC and Clinique the most

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 14th, 2004 - 8:19 pm
Maybe try a makeup counter, they give free makeovers... :flower:
I agree!

But "free," I'm not too sure about that.

Some "higher end" counters require a purchase of at least 2 products to get a consultation... If you choose the right one, though, it is so worth it. I say go to Dior... but then again I'm biased :lol:

LOL, Brian... You must be Alejandro's best friend or something... Another Dior fan! Though I must say that I like a lot of their products.

Sofia

Originally posted by ribes@Jan 15th, 2004 - 11:11 am
LOL, Brian... You must be Alejandro's best friend or something... Another Dior fan! Though I must say that I like a lot of their products.

Sofia
:lol:

No, I'm not, but it sounds like he and I do have a lot in common :smile:

Dior Dior Dior... I know I sometimes sound like the meowmix commercial :lol: .

I used to give free makeovers, regardless if customers buy or didn't buy anything... even though they always ended up buying 150-200 dollars in products.. it all depends if the employee working in your nearest counter really loves its job and do it for the art of makeup, or just to make some sales :wink:

Yeah but sometimes if they know you're not going to buy anything they make you over all crazy so they can experiment with their skills. :blush:

Some suggestions:

I think that the safest way to look edgy without looking like a fool is by applying more "layers" of mascara than usual. It gives more attention to the eye area. You can also add on a thin line of liquid eyeliner. Or another option is using metallic shades of eyeliner (I don't really like eyeshadow because I think they give you this sort of overdone makeup look (that's just my opinion! :wink: )) like some metallic dark blue eyeliner or dark turquoise eyeliner (MAC got the coolest shades of eyeliners around and they're so soft and they glide on really smoothly! :blush: ).

Since you're concentrating on the eyes area more, stick to something less flashy for your lips. A drop of MAC clear lipglass should do the trick of some really sheer and not too shiny lipglosses (Cover Girl makes those really cheap lipslicks, they're quite good if you want a more natural look).

Also I think you should skip blush and foundation (when your scars clear up). By the way a lightly tinted moisturizer can't hurt either.... :wink:

Just my two cents..... :flower:

Hey everyone,

I am buying some more make-up this week but i dont really know what i want to buy.....I still want the natural look but not boring. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what brands and/or items to buy?

Oh yea i have pretty fair skin cause i live up north and dont bake, so i think ill get some bronzing cream anyone tried this before?

Thanks

anything Dior.....I'm a Dior freak when it comes to makeups :P

Bobbi Brown was the first line I thought of-good quality products for less dramatic looks that are very pretty. Her bronzing gel is good unless you have oily skin, and the Shimmerbrick in bronze is one of my all time favs.

Try Cargo.

They carry really soft colours that are still quite hot.

Originally posted by tgp@Feb 24th, 2004 - 9:49 am
and the Shimmerbrick in bronze is one of my all time favs.
:heart: I love my bronze shimmer brick so much! It's so versatile.. and it seems as if It hasn't even worn down at all.. and i've had it since november! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by luna+Feb 24th, 2004 - 11:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luna @ Feb 24th, 2004 - 11:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tgp@Feb 24th, 2004 - 9:49 am
and the Shimmerbrick in bronze is one of my all time favs.
:heart: I love my bronze shimmer brick so much! It's so versatile.. and it seems as if It hasn't even worn down at all.. and i've had it since november! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: [/b][/quote]
I love the pink one,too! There is a limited edition beige Shimmerbrick at Neiman's(or Nordstrom?) right now.

Here's my first tip for achieving those looks: organize airbrushing 24/7. :P :lol:

Originally posted by tealady@Apr 8th, 2004 - 5:24 pm
Here's my first tip for achieving those looks: organize airbrushing 24/7. :P :lol:
*gasp* :o
Those women have no facial lines at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->