The Mascara Thread #2

Diorshow Iconic and Inimitable were always my favorites, but nothing, NOTHING will ever beat They're Real! by benefit.

no clumping, no smudging. my lashes are superlong and after 12 hours they still dust my eyebrows when I look up. the brush is amazing. It's a little wet when you first use it but after a few uses it is so SO legit.

I said this before, and will say it again because I will use this forever: Chanel Inimitable intense. This is a dream, doesn't clump yet gives nice volume and length. Doesn't smudge and doesn't make my upper and lower lashes stick together when I blink (happens a lot to me with other mascara and I HATE it).

My HG mascaras: Imju Fiberwig, Clinique Lash Power, Benefit They're Real!

Sephora is now selling minis of the Benefit mascara for $10. I stocked up already b/c I think it's a much better deal than getting the full size for $27 and having to trash it 6 months later anyway when it expires.

So I've been wanting to try a dark brown mascara for a long time and I swear by covergirl's lashblast volume so I thought I would pick it up in dark brown rather than black. Well they only had it in waterproof and since it was on sale I bought it anyways. Bad decision - love the dark brown, much more flattering, however I hate the formula. Its clumpy and it definitely doesn't make my lashes look voluminous. Bad buy :judge:.

So I've been wanting to try a dark brown mascara for a long time and I swear by covergirl's lashblast volume so I thought I would pick it up in dark brown rather than black. Well they only had it in waterproof and since it was on sale I bought it anyways. Bad decision - love the dark brown, much more flattering, however I hate the formula. Its clumpy and it definitely doesn't make my lashes look voluminous. Bad buy :judge:.

If you are looking for something from the drugstore, the L'Oreal Voluminous in the brown shade is quite nice. I wear it every day to work.

go try the new Diorshow Newlook! beautifully lengthening and not clumpy at all. it replaces Iconique as my favorite Diorshow for sure

They're Real by Benefit and Chanel Inimitible are still my top two, but Newlook is a 5-star mascara.

what I really need it a nice, lengthening drug store mascara that doesn't flake!! I'm thinking of the new revlon photoready 3D because it looks so much like they're real.

I have yet to find a mascara...waterproof or not, that does NOT transfer to under my eyes.
Over the years, I have probably tried them all. Everything transfers.

Any ideas??

^ I agree. That's what I use now. Even if I rub my eyes, there's very little to no smudging :D

That new revlon photoready #D mascara is really nice! It's not very volumizing but the brush is awesome (dupe for Benefit's They're Real) and lengthens and separates really well. no flaking or smudging for me either.

I have yet to find a mascara...waterproof or not, that does NOT transfer to under my eyes.
Over the years, I have probably tried them all. Everything transfers.

Any ideas??

Lancome Hypnose is the best mascara I've ever used, and it's never transferred to under my eyes. Benefit's They're Real Mascara is also really good quality, a pain to get off & hasn't transferred on me yet.

Lancome Hypnose is the best mascara I've ever used, and it's never transferred to under my eyes. Benefit's They're Real Mascara is also really good quality, a pain to get off & hasn't transferred on me yet.

i have the same problem as N3bird -- i put on mascara and a few hours later i've got black smudges underneath my eyes. i've been using lancome hypnose and it transfers for me. you should have seen me yesterday after a nap -- i looked like a raccoon! :lol:

[/QUOTE]
I just bought Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells that promises to turn the lashes naturally fuller and longer by the time we wear it... I started to wear it every day to see if the magic happens

After many months wearing it, my lashes didnt change, they look the same, but this is my favorite mascara while wearing it and its easy to clean with make up remover. Iam lazy to clean mascara and this one is the easiest to clean and vanish.

Because my all time favorite, YSL Everlong mascara come to an end, I decided to try L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer- Hazel Eyes. I already had Volume Million Lashes (the gold one) and I really liked it. This one is black with the hint of purple.B)
loreal3.jpg

beaut.ie

I've started using Bourjois Volumizer more and more recently and I adore it. I wanted to test it and see the difference with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black (which is my go-to mascara) by applying two coats of each mascara (one coat of each wand for the Bourjois one) on different eyes. The L'Oreal Voluminous made my lashes look quite spidery while the Bourjois gave a more black, doll-like effect with volume. So, I won't be going back to L'Oreal anymore. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->