• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The NARS Makeup thread

Golden_butterfly said:
They used to sell NARS here and suddenly they stopped. No idea why, I'm so dissapointed!
Not even in small selected shops Golden ? You can get NARS in ParisTexas a clothing shop in Copenhagen (I don't know..have you gone to Copenhagen yet?)

*Edit : How about here Golden ? http://www.costockholm.se/ (could be their site hasn't been updated..but according to it they have NARS) :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
stella_ist said:
Hi,

Nars products are not available where I live and I am planning to ask a friend to buy me from abroad. But since I do not have a chance to try them or actually see them can anyone using them help me, and comment on the products below?

Nars Sparkling Loose Powder: Is it too sparkly and glittery???? I usually wear minimal make up so I need it to make skin look dewy and highlighted but not glittery....

Nars Orgazm Blush: Likewise how is the texture, does it look natural?

and finally the all about eve duo eyeshadow: the site explains it as flesh toned, is anyone using them?? I would like to use them everyday as "no make up" make up, would they be OK for this purpose??

thanks in advance for your comments and help

Nars eyeshadow colors look good on EVERY skin tone. I wouldn't worry about Eve duo; as you can make it look light like "no make up" if you want. Or if you layer it over a neutral-colored cream eyeshadow, it can make the color "pop" out more.

Nars blush in Orgasm looks very natural. Even when I sort of sweep it over my whole face to make it glow, too! The texture is light. (The product is very very dense, and my brush brush only picks up a little at a time). I found I have a habit of applying it a couple times to get the desired color I want.

A lot of people like Nars blush in Orgasm, saying it's a blush everybody can wear.. well I can't.
I tried it on and looked sickly and feverish.
Maybe because of it's iridescent finish ? Nars blush Deep Throat is similar in hue (very pretty) but doesn't have Orgasm's finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanne said:
*Edit : How about here Golden ? http://www.costockholm.se/ (could be their site hasn't been updated..but according to it they have NARS) :flower:

Hanne, thanks! *hug*

I agree with you that Orgasm doesnt look good on me either. Looks like
orange stains on my cheeks.
I prefer a softer colour, I'll definately check out ' Deep Throat ' ( such names
lol ! ) :flower:

I have blonde hair, green eyes and pale skin. Will Nars blusher in Orgasm suit me? I don't live beside a store that carries NARS, therefore will have to mail order.... so don't want to buy if it is not going to work for me!!!!

I have heard so many good things about it.:flower:

^ it is a good blusher
but if u have a cold\blue-undertone, may work for ya, but would be a bit harsh on ur face IMO
try some cooler tones, if u'r into peachy colors, try Zen or Deep Throat

I just purchased the Sea, Sex and Sun eyeshadow duo...I tried at Sephora and it blened wonderfully. I loved it so much all the people I was with bought NARS stuff too!

vanilla_fairy, it's shimmery, but it's not like teenybopper- shimmery- - it actually looks quite refined and sophisticated :flower:

Does anyone have a pic of someone wearing it? I would love to see what it looks like on!

^ Wow, thank you so much, Karma for you :D

It looks realy natural on her and I really like it, i might order it and see, I guess if I don't like it I can palm it off to a friend!!

nars is my favourite!! i like putting orgasm overtop of their cream blushes, to give it a bit of a shimmer...geule de nuit is a great cream base blush, and orgasm on top makes it all the more dramatic...i also love how pigmented their eyeshadows are...emmanuelle can look so different based on how much is applied. same goes for the lipsticks. "funnyface" is very dark, but when used lightly, it is a nice light fuschia stain...another great tip is putting iceland over night porter or night clubbing...the result is amazing...i could go on...

Nars Blush in Sin is great to achieve a mix between flushed and bronzed skin, my fav blush right now. What bugs me is that the amount is like 4g or 4,5g only, but then again a little goes a long way

i'm torn between Nars and Bobbi Brown bronzer.. which one do you perfer? i've never tried any of them and i'm looking for a great brozing powder.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->