• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The NARS Makeup thread

Can I ask you ladies of good experience. I think I have bought foundation from virtually every company except NARS, and none of them are either pale enough, or if they are pale, they sit on my skin in bits, flake and makes it look dreadful. My skin is oily around the t zone, dry in patches with redness, but the biggest thing is, I'm pale as anything. I'm not pure white, but I'm darn pale and I want to be that way, I'm sick of women at make up counters trying to make me brown. What is your recommendation for NARS?

None of the NARS foundations were light enough for my skin. Givenchy is the best I've used by far :heart:

I've just ordered the Multiple,so hopefully it won't be a let down :P

does anyone tried sheer matte foundation? I was kinda looking forward to Siberia, but i dunno the shade is fair enough >.<

I thought the multiple was a nice product, but Orgasm (the only one I have) is soooo glittery :yuk: I think ones like Copacabana which have a sheen are nicer, plus it will last you forever, so good value!

jj, none of the new foundations were light enough for me, but they are getting good reviews so I would have liked to be able to try them. I've heard they give better coverage than the name suggests, and that the Sheer Matte is similar to their Oil-free formulation if this helps at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for Riviera in the end,although now I wonder if it is going to be too pink for me,if so,it'll make a wonderful present for my sister :P Was torn between that and Portofino. Maybe i'll get that too. As for orgasm,I'd heard good reviews of it in magazines etc,but a lot of 'real' people reviews say the same as you Miu Miu,too glittery.

I threw my NARS foundations out when I saw how dangerous their products were rated on cosmetics database... Really, my skin has gotten a lot better ever since. Their ingredients were not too promising either. Was happily married to their foundations before but too bad I had to divorce them :(

My multiple arrive today and I'm pleased with the colour,suits me a lot better than I thought it would.

But as a side note,has anybody ever ordered from Space.NK before? Because I couldn't order off of the Nars website because my card wasn't compatible,but the box in which it was sent is just too funny. The multiple itself is small,and the box is enormous! Proper waste of packaging (Although I got lots of free samples in it so I won't complain anymore ^_^)

I threw my NARS foundations out when I saw how dangerous their products were rated on cosmetics database... Really, my skin has gotten a lot better ever since. Their ingredients were not too promising either. Was happily married to their foundations before but too bad I had to divorce them :(

I agree..., I also had bad experience for their foundation. Its a very unfortunate cause I like the coverage, and the lip balm also not like as fresh as the colors, the smell is soo bad, but I still love their eyecolors.

hey, a bit offtopic, but where did you find that "cosmetics database"?? I'nm curious to surf it too :P

I've become scarily addicted to my multiple (riviera) and have just bought the Plein Ete Set Mini Multiple Set (Copacabana,Orgasm,South Beach) :D

Has anybody tried the soft touch shadow pencil?

I just bought the stylo eyeliner in three colours and i have to say i am overly impressed the only thing is, they have a LONG STAYING POWER, VERY LONG, as in if you rub your eyes they wont smudge and wont fade away, they would seem like they have been tattooed on your eyes.

I have always wanted to try The Multiple, but I think the price is insane for the amount of product you get...so I'm trying ELF All Over Colour Stick, which is pretty much the same thing (at £1.50, that is). It costs the same to produce as The Multiple, so...we're all being ripped off :lol:

I've become scarily addicted to my multiple (riviera) and have just bought the Plein Ete Set Mini Multiple Set (Copacabana,Orgasm,South Beach) :D

Has anybody tried the soft touch shadow pencil?

I've swatched Aigle Noir and Goddess and they are gorgeous colours! :heart: But they're very very creamy so I think they would crease/smudge very easily unfortunately...still want them though!

^I'm concerned aboout the creasing too,but I'm going to order goddess when it comes back in stock on space.nk ^_^

Nice to hear everyone loves The Multiple. I should've went with my gut and gotten Portofino or something but I ended up with Palm Beach which is SUPER glittery bronzey orangey. Really unnatural on my skin and usually I can wear pinks, peaches, and bronzes pretty well so I was quite surprised.

I think I'm gonna pick up the lipstick in Blonde Venus tomorrow. I'm super excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcddf
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->