The Secret Shopaholics Thread #6

some more details if you are interested

1992 - 2002 yoichi nagasawa as director in charge of muji clothing line

2002 - 2005 kunio uehara as menswear chief designer
2002 - 2008 FW ( until 2009 spring) YY inc for overall supervision

2003 jack henry as art director for muji europe, womenswear and mens ( before JH it was wim neels, if I remember rightly, but could not find that info online)

muji labo was launched in 2006.
extensive renovation in 2012, and I think that was when they first publicized the name of the designer (that is, MH). maybe they needed to shore it up.
muji means "not high profile but attractive products" basically. so the involvement of YY was not announced officially back then (it's yohji himself that confirmed it afterwards). muji was originally a saison group (seibu, etc) -related project. so he could not decline the mission.

" There was one person who encouraged me to meet Kawakubo, Kazuko Koike. Koike is a famous creative director who participated in the launch of Muji with Ikko Tanaka and others under Seiji Tsutsumi, who was the leader of Saison Group. We were able to open shops at Seibu Department Store and Parco, thanks to Koike's support."

Rei Kawakubo, founder of Comme des Garçons: Yohji Yamamoto (14)

oh lord~!
what the heck?! a multi part interview with Yohji about his life story and work...?!?!
how many parts are there? 29?
oh man...
add that to the list of things to do...

thanks for all the info and links, etc @runner...

:flower:

I am officially impressed by all those designs posted to Fukasawa's website...
not a bad one in the bunch~!

:mohawk:
I want his stool for emeco. it is available over here. but not the colored versions. it has to be green (this particular case, otherwise it has to be noncolored). I tried to import it but found it practically almost impossible for me to get it from US legit stores directly. so I might have to ask for your help in the future. :ninja:

news_20210519_03_img_07.jpg

royal-furniture

oh lord~!
what the heck?! a multi part interview with Yohji about his life story and work...?!?!
how many parts are there? 29?
oh man...
add that to the list of things to do...

thanks for all the info and links, etc @runner...

:flower:
yes 29.
not interview but english translation of what he wrote in japanese.

I want his stool for emeco. it is available over here. but not the colored versions. it has to be green (this particular case, otherwise it has to be noncolored). I tried to import it but found it practically almost impossible for me to get it from US legit stores directly. so I might have to ask for your help in the future. :ninja:

View attachment 1219982

royal-furniture
as you wish...

:magic:

My parents bought me this pocket organizer while they were in Paris....

louis-vuitton-pocket-organizer-epi-leather-small-leather-goods--M60642_PM2_Front%20view.png

louisvutton.com

OMG @runner !!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

that is AMAZING
:wub:

the scuba mask~!!

:P

*sigh*
not so sure about this purchase but i'm going to just try wearing them and see how it goes...:stuart:

:glasses:

My souvenir while visiting Rome's La Rinascente on Via del Tritone (it was :smilingwhearteyes:) earlier this week:

jumbo GG card case - Gucci

739478_AABY0_1000_001_080_0000_Light-Jumbo-GG-card-case.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->