Tokyo shopping

japonais!

hello everyone, i am going to tokyo and kyoto in mid september for 10 days and was wondering if any of you fellow fashionistas have any words of wisdom to share

- i know everywhere is supposedly expensive but does anyone know of good designer discount stores etc or great boutiques that have god quality, reasonably priced clothing?
- does japan have a sale period?
- is it really risky to get your hair styled in japan? would love to experience a cut or a hair dye

please let me know :smile:

I'm going to tokyo in a few months... Does anyone know if they have some generally cheap clothing but still of good quality.. I'm only 17 and I cant afford to spend thousands of dollars on one piece of clothing.. :flower:

I'm going to tokyo in a few months... Does anyone know if they have some generally cheap clothing but still of good quality.. I'm only 17 and I cant afford to spend thousands of dollars on one piece of clothing.. :flower:

you should be fine in shibuya and harajuku. check out 109, 0101, la foret malls and ura-hara harajuku. not everything is high-end, but japan can get expensive.

I love "WEGO", I saw that brand only in Japan
it's not designer clothes, it's very affordable and they have some nice pieces!
I know there are two in Harajuku for sure and I went to another one in Osaka

Are there any good thrift store in tokyo? esp accessories, all the accessories in the Japanese Street Style look so great and unique. And how about Chloe cafe? Has anyone actually went there? Recommend please.

Oh and what's the weather like in May? I'm planning to go there in May and i'm frustrated about what clothes to bring :(

I was there this past May. The weather was mild, although there were windy days where a blazer or heavier cardigan were needed. Bring comfy shoes. I brought flats that I have no trouble with in Vancouver, but with the higher humidity in Tokyo my feet were blistering like crazy.

does anyone has any shops or restaurant recommendations? i m going to visit tokyo in july... should i be prepared for the heat? thanks!

maybe you could be more specific on the type of shops you`re looking for or your budget and we can make better recommendations. Last I heard superfuture had over 1,000 shop listings for Tokyo...

maybe you could be more specific on the type of shops you`re looking for or your budget and we can make better recommendations. Last I heard superfuture had over 1,000 shop listings for Tokyo...

umm probably not something too high-end cuz i wont be able to afford that but i wanna see some unique stuff that cant be found in other countries. also vintage would be nice. ^_^

Try Harcoza, Candy, DOG, Kita-Kore building, which are the weirdest boutiques and/or used clothing shops in the city. Or just take a walk through Ura-Hara, which is past Take****a-Dori (horribly crowded street in Harajuku).

Koenji and Shimokitazawa are the best neighborhoods for used clothing.

The former stores are in an article I wrote a while ago that explains more:

http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/shop/5-craziest-hidden-tokyo-fashion-boutiques-137325

does anyone know where I can find the largest stock of Undercover (pref more than just their tshirt, which btw i love)?

i found this but i can:t read it lol
UNDERCOVER 東京都港区南青山5-3-18 ブルーサンクポイントC棟
TEL: 03-5778-4805
営業時間 :11:00~20:00
定休日: 無休

UNDERCOVER AOMORI
青森県青森市古川1-17-16
TEL :017-732-4026
営業時間 :11:00~19:00
定休日:無休

UNDERCOVER SENDAI
宮城県仙台市青葉区中央2-8-28 A2ビル
TEL:022-723-6685
営業時間:11:30~19:30
定休日: 無休

UNDERCOVER TAKASAKI
群馬県高崎市通町49-1
TEL:027-345-6860
営業時間:12:00~19:30
定休日:水曜定休

UNDERCOVER TOTAMA
富山県富山市総曲輪3-7-3 2F
TEL:076-420-0677

Last edited by a moderator:
The top one is the address for their flagship, probably your best bet for getting more than just t-shirts

plug this into google maps to find the place: 東京都港区南青山5-3-18

its 5-3-18 minami-aoyama, minato-ku
:flower:

hi, i'm going to visit tokyo this oct, and i'm planning to buy a good leather jacket there, anyone know a good leather shop? well.. i can afford up to around $600 i want to have a good quality leather jacket *but stylish at the same time* i kept seeing amazing distressed leather jackets with amazing fit on their streetstyle but unable to find the stores. =/ *i found some but it's all limited to menswear.. thank you :D

Leather is really expensive in Japan. I brought a leather jacket with me to wear during my Christmas visit, and I was the only girl I saw with a REAL leather jacket on. I asked my friend about it, and she said that leather is exorbitantly expensive-ironically, fur is very cheap and you can get a real fur coat for around $300 (or even less in some stores, I saw). Even shoes, I noticed at the $100 range many shoes were still fake leather.

I'm not sure where you live, but you might want to think about looking in your home country. Or do you live in Japan? If that's the case, have you looked at websites like Style Arena that list where each item is from? That could be a good idea to see what brands of leather jackets come up.

hi, i'm going to visit tokyo this oct, and i'm planning to buy a good leather jacket there, anyone know a good leather shop? well.. i can afford up to around $600 i want to have a good quality leather jacket *but stylish at the same time* i kept seeing amazing distressed leather jackets with amazing fit on their streetstyle but unable to find the stores. =/ *i found some but it's all limited to menswear.. thank you :D

John Lawrence Sullivan does great leather coats. They tend to run about 1,000USD, but of course, it depends on the brand. Some can be had for less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->