Trend Predictions S/S 2006

nelly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I`m new here, and just wanted to say, that this seems like a great board, i love how creative everyone is here. And soon i`m going to post some of my work as well.

But now on to the topic of this thread. What do you think are going to be the big trends on the runway spring/summer 2006. And why do you think those are going to be trends. This always fascinates me the psychology behind the trends.

I would love to hear your ideas, or what you`ve heard or read in trendbooks.

I will post some of myself later.

welcome to tfs, nelly :flower:

I know there are other members who can better predict what we will actually be seeing on the runways, but to get you started here are a couple of threads you can check out...

2006 colour trends: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22081&highlight=s%2Fs+2006

s/s 2006 jewellery trends: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25388&highlight=forecasting

you also might be interested in our discussion about how trends are forecasted: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25669&highlight=forecasting

oh gosh, im glad i saw this thread! right now i have been in the process of preparing a collection for possibly a november showing and wat im finding for most of the designs i've really fallen for the 50s. the high waist, the collars, the large billowy skirtsoh and the really big fabric buttons. what a fashion era where covering up was the body was hot. i saw bits and pieces of it in the spring/summer 05 but i can't wait to see the big labels take on it for the s/s 06 season. im so excited. :woot: . i feel like a kid waiting on candy:blush: . i'll post one of the designs i came across in my research.

Attachments

• tfs.JPG
    tfs.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 7
My money's on minimalism... Don't ask me why, just a hunch...:blush:

i think i agree oanadobre...i think it may be time to turn on the tone-down.

i read somewhere the tailored look and the stiff looking retro looks are coming back. "feminity is back with easy to move dresses and skirts." i had to keep that in my head when brainstorming ... it is so easy to get lost these days in the days of the "boho-chic".

Ive been feeling the 50's, that whole feminine Dior New Look. To contrast that Im also in love with that Grease appeal, very rough around the edges but still sexy. Then I got this book with tons of stained-glass Tiffany lamps that are sooo gorgeous, the colors, romance and patterns of the lamps are my inspiration.

Then Ive been loving suits, any suit, double breasted, single breasted, Le Smoking every type of suit jacket paired with full skirts, mini skirts, cigarette pants, culottes, and trousers. I saw some old hunting pictures of what women wore to shooting galleries, I loved it, somehow the womans sex appeal showed through the stiff menswear.

Now to wait to see which designers borrow my ideas...(this happens quite often)

I am no trendforecastor, but instinct tell me it's gonna be the 50s' again.

Maybe I am just hoping for it myself too...

I think a vintagey old old hollywood theme will appear next year. Maybe some egyptian inspired stuff as well.

oanadobre said:
My money's on minimalism... Don't ask me why, just a hunch...:blush:

you are right oana, there IS somekind of a revival of minimalism, but there is a twist in this new 'minimalism' its not what we had before, its minimal in shape but still somehow elaborate in decoration/cut/details.

*regarding the 50's supposedly this is somehow 'over' since it started with Prada/miumiu three or more seasons ago.. BUT it seems there is such an interest in 50's shapes/mood that i wouldnt be surprised if we see another wave of 50's revival styles soon..

*main 'new' trend will -supposedly- be the turn of the century mood, we have discussed this in one of the links utopia posted above

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i think clothes will become less scandalous & women will be more covered up & dress more tastefully. clothing is in the process of becoming more chaste (longer shirts & higher jeans & layering)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->