Two Tone Hair

^ I was going to post that! :P I think it looks really good for Billie. More:

fvdc00.jpg

abkqio.jpg

source billiepiperfan.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it not the same as hair color that's growing out? :ermm: I got extremely lazy and didn't care that my color was growing out. It's grown to around my ears, and it looks two-toned except that it's noticeable.

^It's the same.... sort of. I think some women started letting their color grow out (like Erin Wasson for example), and somebody thought it was edgy, and somebody else decided they'd get their hair colored/highlighted on the bottom to achieve the same look... and then a trend was born.

see, this does not work on people like megan fox or billie piper, imo. :doh: they are too fake looking, and the whole thing becomes trashy..i'm sorry, that's mean!, but it's true i think. :innocent: the pouty lips, too much foundation, the drawn on eyebrows.. it turns the whole thing into a stripper look.. not at all the same thing as the effortless beachy look on isabel lucas, for example. :heart:

^Can I ask what you think that depends on? :flower: Like, on Billie, it's not all that noticeable but in the first photo posted of her, the lighting and quality of the photo makes it look atrocious. :sick: On Megan, I can't decide either way. I think it depends on the shade you are going for. For one thing, dark brown and a peroxide blond would clearly not work,

Well I think the way billie's hair is styled here it does look fake though I have very little doubt it's real. She just had a baby and all that so I would imagine that she is just letting it grow out.

^Can I ask what you think that depends on? :flower: Like, on Billie, it's not all that noticeable but in the first photo posted of her, the lighting and quality of the photo makes it look atrocious. :sick: On Megan, I can't decide either way. I think it depends on the shade you are going for. For one thing, dark brown and a peroxide blond would clearly not work,

i think firstly, definitely, the hair style has to be pretty natural and low maintenance to be able to pull it off.. when the hair is overly blown dry or straightened, too manicured etc i think it instantly looks fake. i agree with you that the contrast can't be too great either.. dark brown and very white blonde makes it look cheap. :ninja:

and the lighting and quality of the photo might not be great but to be honest i think it looks the same in every picture of her.. and i think it has more to do with the other qualities of her personal appearance than the lighting..:innocent: she has a lot of makeup on, she looks very 'done', and that instantly ruins this look for me.. what's the point in having all that makeup on, having your hair overly styled, and then making it look like you're so effortless and low maintenance with your style that you've casually let your roots grow in?. :lol: that's not cool...that's weird. :P

i just think you need to be very natural to make it work.. so that it seems authentic.. you know, like you spent a lot of time in the sun or didn't have the money to get your roots done because you spent all your money on traveling or on a great vintage accordion or something..:cool: or maybe you just simply forgot because you have other things to do than get your hair done at the same time every month..

the full face of makeup and overly manicured appearance doesn't work here.. it makes you look like a stripper at worst, or like you're trying extremely hard at best. :mellow: phew ! that was lengthy..

It's safe to say this two tone hair isn't natural...

dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
It kinda looks like she's dipped the ends of her hair in a paint tin. :ninja:

Lily Aldridge works the two tone... Totally taking this photo to the hairdressers...and i'm not ashamed to say it :D

zimbio.com

I dont mind drews hair,, i think its the cut that makes it look a bit weird because its too blocked at the bottom ... If it was more straggly i say it would look really good...

I find it funny aussies call two toned hair 'the pip':lol: I've heard of frosted Tips and Dip Dye but not Pip..great

yikes, drew. :ninja: i read that her hairdresser just dipped the ends of her hair into black dye. :lol: i hate the way it looks but i have to admire drew, she has guts and i like that she does what pleases her.:heart:

I actually have three-toned hair-it's more the way that it is layered. When I got it coloured (hair modeling, yay), they took the top part and did that as a bleach/tone, then a part below that and did it as a toffee colour, and then the bottom is a dark, dark brown-darker than my eyebrows, actually. It's a different sort of thing but I love it.

I actually have three-toned hair-it's more the way that it is layered. When I got it coloured (hair modeling, yay), they took the top part and did that as a bleach/tone, then a part below that and did it as a toffee colour, and then the bottom is a dark, dark brown-darker than my eyebrows, actually. It's a different sort of thing but I love it.

Trista..Your hair sounds epic... you totally have to post a picture... :P

I believe this is called color melting.
I love Lily Aldridge and Isabels the best for brunettes..
Does anyone have more images?

I think Daria W had the best two tone hair colour....until I noticed Lily Adridge!
she looks absolutely freaking wonderful when she had lighter coloured hair in two tone, like in post #25
I really gonna take that picture at hairdresser...ets see how it will turn out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->