UK vs. US R&B Girl Groups

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
Now that they are crossing over to the US mkt they are boud to receive more recognition!
Always been among my faves. Love the way they are trendy in their videos

5849698.jpg

Sugababes are another trendsetting group

sugar1.jpg

What do u think of these uk groups compared to the americans?

Hi :flower: I have always liked the UK bands better as they seem to be more daring maybe?? Here in the US bands seem to either have a really so called sexy look or they do this teeny bop look but its not often I see US girl bands having this type of style...I like UK bands becuase they seem more into looking cool than just being sexy and having their chest out.

I personally like UK bands better myself, as well. :smile: I love the looks that the Sugababes have in their videos - it's a little less "sexy" and a little more funky...plus, they can actually sing. :D

I hope they cross over here successfully! I was in the car just a couple weeks ago, and "Hole in the Head" came on, and I was thrilled. :smile:

I like Mis-teeq as well, but I'm less familiar with them, although I love their song "scandalous". :smile:

That so awesome I felt the same way I have always liked them...And I heard them in the car as well and I was like awesome.

But im so crazy its like now that they are crossing over if everybody here starts to like them then I won't like them so much.

But your so right I couldn't think of a word for some of the uk bands styles but they have more of a funky style.

Do you like Atomic Kitten as well?

Atomic Kitten's style is simple more of Gap than Versace but they are also very cool! I also agree Uk GROUPS ARE QUITE STYLED UP COMPARED TO aMERICAN GROUPS!

the sugababes have always suprised me...they are the kind of band i'd normally hate, but they appeal to me..

i :heart: Heidi's make-up in the video's "Hole in the head" & "Too lost in you"
16.jpg
10.jpg
28.jpg
16.jpg

I'm sorry, a lot of my friends agree with this, Sugababes music is really good but sometimes, with the exception of Heidi, they can look trashy...I love their album though. :flower: And Mystique...when you compare them to a bnd like Destiny's Child... there is no comparison. :wacko:

Sorry I disagree with you about these groups being trendsetters!
Most of the stuff the Sugababes wear is tacky and very revealing, just like any other girl group...take a look at their videos if you want proof :innocent: :doh:
As for Misteeq, they look like rather ordinary young women who like dressing up in designer stuff

I don't like them or their music.. their 15 minutes of fame will soon be up and we'll find ourselves asking 'misteeq who?'

Actually in the UK they are VERY BIG! Even here in Africa they are quite big

misteeq have been around for ages in the uk already
as with the sugababes... n both of them started out with different line ups...
the misteeq style... is just uk people tryin to b american with designer wear....lol
but i guess they look totally differnt to destinys child... as they dont wear costumes... they wear clothes

sugababes on the other hand... started out just plain n simple... n have progressed... to a more sluttier style definately... especially with the injection of heidi..... but they r funky sluts.... which we like very much

Originally posted by VersaceW11@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:34 am
That so awesome I felt the same way I have always liked them...And I heard them in the car as well and I was like awesome.

But im so crazy its like now that they are crossing over if everybody here starts to like them then I won't like them so much.

But your so right I couldn't think of a word for some of the uk bands styles but they have more of a funky style.

Do you like Atomic Kitten as well?
I'm not particularly big on Atomic Kitten, but I do like Liberty X for some odd reason. :smile:

I don't mind Mis-teeq's style - they're not half as funky, but they're very distinctly...British...in their music style, much like the Sugababes, which I like. :smile:

I don't know - for some reason, there's some minute difference I can hear between Brit music and American music, and I like Brit music better, to some extent. Haha. Maybe I'm hearing things. LOL.

I like the Misteeq girls, they do love to dress up and can sing - so a bonus. They also are highly influenced by the Americans, as are the majority of both boy and girl bands in the UK. :heart:

just abit off topic but lamar is another funky brit!!!and joss stone

Originally posted by Gudmun@Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:59 am
They're all slappers. :P :angel:
Totally agree :lol:

They're not my kinda thing at all. Plus i hate their music hehe, no offence anyone who likes them.

Never heard of any of them. I'm in America. Are they pop groups?

Originally posted by mayim@Jun 27th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
Never heard of any of them. I'm in America. Are they pop groups?
They're pop/r&b/hip-hop groups in the UK. :smile:

Groups like them don't exactly...make me want to buy they're albums ASAP. But they look good, and most of the times, thats all that matters. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->