Une Fille Un Style - Paris Vogue

and she has done what to deserve the recognition?? she doesnt look that pretty or captivating to me, no offense.

I thought the same - from those images, I see a young woman who has access to stuff via her family connections, but who has yet to form her own distinctive style. I know it says she's 21 but she looks like a teenager who gets to borrow great shoes via somebody else.

Wow - I can't imagine Amanda Harlech as my mother - how fabulous that must be!

^same here... dont see anyth special on her... just a girl with access to cool stuff, but without a captivating personality or allure.

April's Une Fille Un Style is Atlanta de Cadenet daughter of John Taylor [Duran Duran] & Amanda de Cadenet [Photographer].

Atlanta de Cadenet Taylor
photos by Amanda de Cadenet

my scans from Vogue Paris April 09

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont really get the idea of picturing a 16-year-old girl who has nothing to offer... too young to have and interesting profile or personality

^well maybe they have influencial parents. apparently thats all it takes these days.:rolleyes:

Aren't we taking this section of the magazine a bit too seriously? It's not like they're being given a Nobel Peace Prize.

Aren't we taking this section of the magazine a bit too seriously? It's not like they're being given a Nobel Peace Prize.

It´s true, but I also think that STYLE is precisely what is usually celebrated in this section of the mag... and this girl´s style is not too different from hundreds of wealthy celebrity kids all around.

I found this particular article like a celebration of good genes and money, and not a particular style. She´s preety, no doubt about it. But style? :blink:

I crave this section, but the last two were a tad dissapointing.:(

I was wondering why Atlanta was featured as well. She's such an odd choice.

I was wondering why Atlanta was featured as well. She's such an odd choice.

Her mother just photographed the cover story for Vogue Hommes International. Maybe Carine is in love with them... Carine loves la famille you know!

By the way, since some don't care for recent choices, I'm curious about who everyone would like to see featured in the near future. :flower:

Aye, the person doesn't have to be an intellectual, but to have a sense of style, it helps to have lived a life. A privileged teenager simply has access to someone else's credit card.

This is one fashion feature where older women come into their own, because of how they've formed their own style - the evolution of their visual identity, their self-awareness that's come from experience, the long history they might have with particular pieces - all of that is interesting to me. Not a teenager who can shop or fit into her mother's shoes.

I'd settle for more artists, there must be lots of twentysomething female artists living in Paris, so if they want to profile really young women who wear interesting clothes and put a lot of thought into 'the look of how they live', why not go for them?

i dont really get the idea of picturing a 16-year-old girl who has nothing to offer... too young to have and interesting profile or personality

Yes ... because you can only have personality if you are over thirty :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muk5
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->